Bbc

Status
Not open for further replies.
How smooth was MM's buyout of Portsmouth?
Did that all go swimmingly or were there endless difficulties with that as well?

How smooth was MM's buyout of Portsmouth?
Did that all go swimmingly or were there endless difficulties with that as well?

I seem to recall easier than ours, but it was simplified as he was buying them out of administration.

It's like pre-wedding jitters.

One party found a 'skeleton in the cupboard' that the other had an affair elsewhere, just coming up to the stag/hen nights and its all a bit 'nip and tuck'.

I don't feel confident that money for the Portsmouth deal is still not owed to MM. Why the hold-up? All this nonsense makes me nervous about foreign businessmen buying up English clubs and my favourite club in particular!

It's like pre-wedding jitters.

One party found a 'skeleton in the cupboard' that the other had an affair elsewhere, just coming up to the stag/hen nights and its all a bit 'nip and tuck'.

or the bride spending extra long in the en-suite on the wedding night trying to get rid of a fishy smell...

why is the talks so diffilcult what are the board holding out for that MM doesnt want to give?
Have you ever tried to negotiate with a toddler, it's much easier to negotiate with another adult. The toddler will just stand and scream what they want and can't use logic as to why they shouldn't have it. I should imagine MM feels like this: "little boys shouldn't play with sharp objects, it will end in disaster now give it to me before it's too late!"

why is the talks so diffilcult what are the board holding out for that MM doesnt want to give?

Perhaps other more attractive options have become available to Mandaric and he is not quite as keen as he first appeared, throwing in a curve ball or two regarding the clubs finances may just provide him with a feasible escape route without causing himself too much embarrasment.

It seems to me that these leaks to the press from both parties appear to be preparing the fans for disappointment, would not at all be surprised to hear an announcement in the next few days saying the deal is dead.

Might also explain the sudden upturn in results !!!

Perhaps other more attractive options have become available to Mandaric and he is not quite as keen as he first appeared, throwing in a curve ball or two regarding the clubs finances may just provide him with a feasible escape route without causing himself too much embarrasment.

It seems to me that these leaks to the press from both parties appear to be preparing the fans for disappointment, would not at all be surprised to hear an announcement in the next few days saying the deal is dead.

Might also explain the sudden upturn in results !!!

He would not say the deal was still alive if he knew it was dead...it would make him look a fool.

He would not say the deal was still alive if he knew it was dead...it would make him look a fool.
Not if it was to die the next day, when the other "interested parties" were to lower their price to him to pull him out of Leicester.

I don't believe this to be the case though, I don't think there are any outside influences, I genuinely believe he didn't like what he found during DD, and all parties are desperately trying to sort it out. Although I should imagine their are certain individuals who wish to prolong as much as poss to keep their seats for the Cardiff game

I love the fact Wolves are now waiting in the wings, tossers, much like the French they are.....

All the more sweeter when wolves don't get anything.

In any event they will always be 2nd choice.

2nd comes right after 1st

...and tomorrow and the day after that Mick McCarthy will still be a prat.

All the more sweeter when wolves don't get anything.

In any event they will always be 2nd choice.

Being 2nd choice with all the money is far better than being 1st choice without a pot to piss in

Being 2nd choice with all the money is far better than being 1st choice without a pot to piss in

I know but you have to put a positive spin on things when they are potentially falling apart.

Where are all these other bids that we supposedly had?

There never was any... they used it to make Mandaric bid quicker than he wanted to. Because they knew the would have to sell players in Jan otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00