Beckford Bust Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most important skills in any organisation are the ability to find a scapegoat for anything that goes wrong and to look like anything that goes right is down to you.

That is the story of my whole career....

Same here, it's the reason why out of 40+ people who I started work with 15 years ago I'm the only one left.

My trick is to move onto another organisation every two or three years, before anyone actually discovers the truth about the godawful mess I have inevitably created

Works wonders

Speaking just for myself, I have no problem with a player leaving if they have expressed that they don't want to play for us. Gradel may look a mistake in hindsight, at the time he was a promising young player but he wanted guaranteed first team football and we just couldn't offer him that - so you either stay and fight for a place in a side or you leave. This league and the ones below is littered with ex-Leicester youth players who were released/sold without getting much of a chance here, it happens at every club.

As for DJ, he stated he didn't want to play for us, he was poor when he did play for us, I'm not sure loaning him to Blackpool did us any damage, didn't we finish above them in the table anyway? If we'd played them in the play-off final he wouldn't have been allowed to play. (In addition, just a rumour so possibly completely untrue, but I'm sure I've read somewhere that Pearson wanted to loan him to a team lower in the league but Hoos chose Blackpool?)

How? We qualified for the play offs and were knocked out by a different team. Didn't affect us in the slightest.

Does affect us when he scores hatfulls for another team and not for us.

Speaking just for myself, I have no problem with a player leaving if they have expressed that they don't want to play for us. Gradel may look a mistake in hindsight, at the time he was a promising young player but he wanted guaranteed first team football and we just couldn't offer him that - so you either stay and fight for a place in a side or you leave. This league and the ones below is littered with ex-Leicester youth players who were released/sold without getting much of a chance here, it happens at every club.

As for DJ, he stated he didn't want to play for us, he was poor when he did play for us, I'm not sure loaning him to Blackpool did us any damage, didn't we finish above them in the table anyway? If we'd played them in the play-off final he wouldn't have been allowed to play. (In addition, just a rumour so possibly completely untrue, but I'm sure I've read somewhere that Pearson wanted to loan him to a team lower in the league but Hoos chose Blackpool?)

Yes he said he didn't want to come back, but was that because Pearson was in charge and he knew he'd be on the sidelines, or because of a general hate for our club? Blackpool's final league position is irrelevant. He scored a hat trick in the semis and they got promoted. we didn't. Therefore us giving them our striker had a detrimental affect on our promotion campaign and a hugely positive one on theirs. I chose to use the Gradel example to avoid this debate as I know DJ stirs up a lot of ill feeling with most.

Gradel wanted more first team football, he wasn't demanding to play week in week out. He was completely overlooked once we got back into the championship and after we'd signed N'guessan (an example of a poor Pearson signing for those who think he has a great record in the transfer market) he was pushed even further down the pecking order. It was a huge mistake by Pearson and the club in hindsight. If anyone thinks otherwise, I'd like to hear their argument.

Last edited:
Yes he said he didn't want to come back, but was that because Pearson was in charge and he knew he'd be on the sidelines, or because of a general hate for our club? Blackpool's final league position is irrelevant. He scored a hat trick in the semis and they got promoted. we didn't. Therefore us giving them our striker had a detrimental affect on our promotion campaign and a hugely positive one on theirs. I chose to use the Gradel example to avoid this debate as I know DJ stirs up a lot of ill feeling with most.

Gradel wanted more first team football, he wasn't demanding to play week in week out. He was completely overlooked once we got back into the championship and after we'd signed N'guessan (an example of a poor Pearson signing for those who think he has a great record in the transfer market) he was pushed even further down the pecking order. It was a huge mistake by Pearson and the club in hindsight. If anyone thinks otherwise, I'd like to hear their argument.

Why?

Why would you want to read loads of stuff that you've already read over and over again?

Is it so you could write loads more stuff that has already been written over and over again?

Does affect us when he scores hatfulls for another team and not for us.

Why's that then? As TM said, we made the playoffs and got knocked out by a different team. Didn't affect our performance in the slightest.

If we had come up against Blackpool he would have been ineligible to play, so it wouldn't have mattered. If you're suggesting he could have scored those goals for us, you need to understand the simple fact that he did not want to play for Leicester City. We wouldn't have gotten those performances or goals out of him because he wasn't interested in playing for our club.

He scored a hat trick in the semis and they got promoted. we didn't. Therefore us giving them our striker had a detrimental affect on our promotion campaign and a hugely positive one on theirs.
If was positive for them but had no affect on our campaign at all. He wasn't getting a look in because he was shit for us, just as he was under Holloway here.

Why?

Why would you want to read loads of stuff that you've already read over and over again?

Is it so you could write loads more stuff that has already been written over and over again?
The nub of the argument is that some people liked Gradel, some didn't. No big deal. It didn't cause me too many sleepless nights when he left. Checking the stats, he's hardly ripping the French League up at the moment.

A lot of speculation being made on this subject.
All I've read, & heard, is that NP said it will be dealt with indoors.

Exactly what I'd want him to say.

Saturday's starting line up may well tell us of the outcome of how it went "indoors", until then, let's string the feckin lot up, shall we?

The season is over for us. All that is left is to find the right person(s) to blame

I think there's an unfortunate truth to this.

What we've got to do is get together and seriously think about next season.

We've got payloads of time until August, so I think all involved have got to show something this football club inherently lacks and that is 'patience'.

Once again though - 'in Nigel I trust' - I'm sure they began to start planning and scouting a few weeks ago.

A lot of speculation being made on this subject.
All I've read, & heard, is that NP said it will be dealt with indoors.

Exactly what I'd want him to say.

Saturday's starting line up may well tell us of the outcome of how it went "indoors", until then, let's string the feckin lot up, shall we?

If you are dealing with things in-house why make it public knowledge?

What Bust-up???

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7651413/

Leicester striker Jermaine Beckford insists he has no problem with Nigel Pearson following reports of a spat between the pair.
Pearson
spacer.gif
revealed he planned to deal with Beckford
spacer.gif
amid suggestions the Leicester
spacer.gif
boss was unhappy with the striker for failing to go up for a free-kick during the Foxes' 1-0 loss at Peterborough last weekend.
Reports have already claimed it could lead to Beckford being offloaded in the summer, but the former Everton
spacer.gif
and Leeds man admits he is surprised by the suggestions that he clashed with Pearson over disobeying instructions
"I'm surprised by all the reports in the papers recently," Beckford told skysports.com.
"I have heard a few people saying I did not put in the right effort towards the end of the game on Saturday but I had just run the length of the pitch tracking back to make sure we didn't concede another goal.
"I always give 100 per cent when I play and the stats show after every game the distance I run is up there in the top third group.
"After the match the manager never mentioned anything about not being up for a free-kick and I have no idea where the reports came from.
[h=4]No problems[/h]"I have got no problems with the gaffer and judging by training this week he has no problem with me either.
"All the coaches can see how passionate I am about getting Leicester into the Premier League every day in training and anybody who goes to the Doncaster game on Saturday will see that as well.
"Everyone is just working hard to try and make a late push for the play offs and hopefully we can get the right result on Saturday."
Beckford, who joined Leicester from Everton before the close of the summer transfer window, has scored 14 goals in all competitions this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670