Confirmed Transfer Beckford loaned to Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to laugh on Tuesday night when at the end of the game Huddersfield's mascot ( who looks more like a slimline fox than a Terrior ) was walking past us fans and the cheer went up "are you Beckford in disguise"

His personality has never been in doubt with me, I had been told similar things from other people.

Seems the attitude problem lies with our manager, It's funny how he can thrive everwhere else the lad has played but for some reason miraculously turns into a prick the minute he arrives here.

I personally think the fans and most importantly the manager have caused this situation.

Fill yer boots Hudders, I bet you can't ****ing believe it.

His personality has never been in doubt with me, I had been told similar things from other people.

Seems the attitude problem lies with our manager, It's funny how he can thrive everwhere else the lad has played but for some reason miraculously turns into a prick the minute he arrives here.

I personally think the fans and most importantly the manager have caused this situation.

I wouldn't know about his personality, I've never met the bloke, neither do I know anyone who has met him. What I can comment on is how he has played the many times I have seen him play for us. How he played in those games was down to him, not the manager, and some of his displays would have embarrassed a ten year old. In the main he has been a huge let-down. I'll be happy never to see him play for us again.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know about his personality, I've never met the bloke, neither do I know anyone who has met him. What I can comment on is how he has played the many times I have seen him play for us. How he played in those games was down to him, not the manager, and some of his displays would have embarrassed a ten year old. In the main he has been a huge let-down. I'll be happy never to see him play for us again.

Other people have said he is a decent enough bloke so he probably is.

With regard to his performances at City, I do not doubt that at times his performances in terms of football and attitude have been poor to put it mildly. However the question I have to ask is why?

It would seem to me that other Clubs/managers have been able to get more out of him than City and the manager(-s) that he has had at City. Why?

It seems to me to very bad management by the Club to either buy him when he might not fit the system the manager wants to play or to allow the manager(-s) not to get the best out of him on the pitch and ditch him at the first opportunity given the fact that he is an expensive investment.

Do we know how much we will have to pay if he reaches 50 games?

Whatever the reasons for JB not playing for us, frankly, I coudn't give a stuff.
Sometimes you just have to have a bit of faith in the manager.

At present, we are 5th in the table, having failed to score in only 1 league game (mainly down to some very good goalkeeping).
That doesn't present too big a problem to me.

My views aren't quite as strong as that, but it does surprise me to see so many citing his attitude as the reason he's not with us at the moment. The fact of the matter is that he's had plenty of opportunities to shine here and impressed sparsely.

I'd be happy to see him given another shot here, although I don't see it coming. I imagine his wages are an obscenity for the return he's given; Danns too most likely.

Whatever the reasons for JB not playing for us, frankly, I coudn't give a stuff.
Sometimes you just have to have a bit of faith in the manager.

At present, we are 5th in the table, having failed to score in only 1 league game (mainly down to some very good goalkeeping).
That doesn't present too big a problem to me.

but we should be scoring 3/4 goals every game!!!

Other people have said he is a decent enough bloke so he probably is.

With regard to his performances at City, I do not doubt that at times his performances in terms of football and attitude have been poor to put it mildly. However the question I have to ask is why?

Because he didn't want to join Leicester in first place. He was forced out at Everton and offered a massive wage here. Clearly played until January like he couldn't give a ****, that can not really be debated. Remember the West Ham performance?

Back at Huddersfield, there's less travelling at the same wage. The stumbling block will come when Huddersfield have to offer him a contract.

IMO He was never given enough chances here, especially this season by the manager who seemingly cannot handle established players.

Last season we were truly fecking missing the point with Beckford, we never played to his strengths, not one game, then again we don't seem to play to our strikers strengths even now so I'm not surprised.

WH away he was dreadful, I was there and I felt ripped off, however I saw his attitude change from then on and supported the bloke, unfortunately a large section of our fans never did.

He's doing to business at Huddersfield now and winning them the points that keeps us in check, but obviously the reason he didn't perform here was because he didn't want to, fecking ridiculous.

P.S. On the whole I support NP, but I don't stupidly sing along to every tune he sings, he clearly has issues and seems to fall out with players very regularly, some people are happy enough to blindly follow him and accept every decision, fair enough.

Last edited:
Because he didn't want to join Leicester in first place.

So why buy him? :icon_conf

IMO He was never given enough chances here, especially this season by the manager who seemingly cannot handle established players.

P.S. On the whole I support NP, but I don't stupidly sing along to every tune he sings, he clearly has issues and seems to fall out with players very regularly, some people are happy enough to blindly follow him and accept every decision, fair enough.

Sums my feelings up about Pearson.

So why buy him? :icon_conf

Ask Sven with his fantasy bids of £8 million for Maynard, £9 million for Hooper and Jelavic.

My own personal opinion is that Pearson's treatment of Beckford is wrong but the other 'established' names were rightly sent off packing.

EDIT: Also, the club are idiots if they loan Beckford again to Huddersfield. Cough up a worthy transfer fee please.

Last edited:
Ask Sven with his fantasy bids of £8 million for Maynard, £9 million for Hooper and Jelavic.

My own personal opinion is that Pearson's treatment of Beckford is wrong but the other 'established' names were rightly sent off packing.

EDIT: Also, the club are idiots if they loan Beckford again to Huddersfield. Cough up a worthy transfer fee please.

To be fair, £9m for Jelavic seems like it would've been value for money.

Maynard, not so much!

Agree about Beckford though.... I wish he did have a part to play here, but it's not the end of the world if we get rid. What I don't want though is us loaning him out. Get some money in for him.

You must mean a different Beckford, not the one who had 3 good seasons in league 1 at one club, scored 8 in 32 in the Prem and then joined us where he scored 9 in 39. That guy only "thrived" at one club a division below. Must be a different one.

Last season we were truly fecking missing the point with Beckford, we never played to his strengths, not one game, then again we don't seem to play to our strikers strengths even now so I'm not surprised.

WH away he was dreadful, I was there and I felt ripped off, however I saw his attitude change from then on and supported the bloke, unfortunately a large section of our fans never did.

He's doing to business at Huddersfield now and winning them the points that keeps us in check, but obviously the reason he didn't perform here was because he didn't want to, fecking ridiculous.

So Pearson should change how he wants his team to play to accommodate a player who's hardly set the world alight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669