Speculation Beckham (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would would walk to Australia and back if it meant David Beckham would play for Leicester! He may not have the skill to take players on but his flair, vision and passing made him one of the best players in the world, yes he is getting on a bit, but I think he would bring invaluable experience and would be influential on the pitch. I also think he would be a better option to have than Wellens.

There's some doubt over whether it's a fox as well.

There's no doubt about it, he's a cov fan.

I can't post the proof here for privacy reasons, but if "Realist" does a Google search for the email address he used to register with us he'll find that several years ago he posted it on a Cov forum he's a member of.
Maybe he'll tell us he was only pretending to be a cov fan on their site, but that doesn't explain why so many of his posts here have been related to cov.

He's definitely a Cov fan

I 'outed' him ages ago (not in an alex way)

It's pathetic

I would would walk to Australia and back if it meant David Beckham would play for Leicester! He may not have the skill to take players on but his flair, vision and passing made him one of the best players in the world, yes he is getting on a bit, but I think he would bring invaluable experience and would be influential on the pitch. I also think he would be a better option to have than Wellens.

You'd probably drown before you got there.....

He/she/it really does have the most ironic user name ever. I've never seen it make a single post that is even approaching realism, regardless of subject. There's some doubt over whether it's a fox as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Innocent wins that for me every time.

Or get eated by a big sharkie.

Sharkie, Feargal Sharkey, John Peel, Pirate Radio, Radio Luxembourg, Teddy Johnson, Ted Rogers, Dusty bin.

Aye?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15273790.stm

:icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

Leicester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson has moved to kill speculation that David Beckham will join the Foxes.

Beckham, 36, has been linked with both a playing role and a player-coach role at the Championship club.

Eriksson has previously said the door is open for the ex-England captain when his deal with MLS side LA Galaxy ends.

But the Swede told BBC East Midlands Today: "It's not going to happen. David knows we would take him but if he wants to come to us he will phone me."

Beckham's deal with LA Galaxy expires later this year and he is thought to be keen to return to England to give himself the best possible chance of playing for Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics in London.

Continue reading the main story
I don't know if he wants to be a coach. It is something we have never spoken about. We can kill that one. There is no truth behind it
Sven-Goran Eriksson
He has been linked with a move to QPR and last season spent time training with Tottenham.

French side are Paris St Germain are also interested.

Eriksson added: "I don't know what he is going to do but I doubt he wants to come to the Championship and if I were in his clothes I doubt I should do that.

"I don't know if he wants to be a coach. It is something we have never spoken about. We can kill that one. There is no truth behind it.

"He has my number but I haven't spoken to him because I get embarrassed to."

Last edited:
Beckham's deal with LA Galaxy expires later this year and he is thought to be keen to return to England to give himself the best possible chance of playing for Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics in London.

Is the Olympics not reserved for amateurs only? I've no interest in any of it at all, so I don't know, but I'm sure that I'd heard that before.

Is the Olympics not reserved for amateurs only? I've no interest in any of it at all, so I don't know, but I'm sure that I'd heard that before.

Generally under-23 but 3 overage players allowed per squad.

Most of the sports aren't just amateurs any more. Football defintely isn't. Boxing is. Think there are quite a few besides football that have pros now though.

Most of the sports aren't just amateurs any more. Football defintely isn't. Boxing is. Think there are quite a few besides football that have pros now though.

Basketball, cycling and tennis are obvious examples of sports with professional competitors too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669