Speculation Beckham (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an interesting one really because I can't see it happening, but then at the same times I can't explain why I can't- Beckham knows and clearly likes Sven, and I would expect him to want to be back in England for the Olympics and the preparation for them. We clearly have the cash to pay him and the owners would probably make very penny we paid him back over the future.

But as I say, it really is strange because I simply cannot justify to myself why I don't think it will happen.

Hmm.

This is a couple of weeks old but I don't think it's been posted here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...id-Beckham-ruled-Midlands-Victorias-snub.html

Posh Spice to Sven: Can you REALLY imagine me in Leicester! Beckams rule out move to the Midlands

She lives in Los Angeles and is a familiar face on the catwalks of Paris, Milan and New York.
So perhaps it is no surprise that Victoria Beckham ruled out a move to Leicester –the Midlands city often dismissed as boring and rarely associated with the cutting edge of fashion.

The snub was revealed by former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson –now boss of Leicester City football club – who told how he tried to lure David Beckham back to the UK with the offer of a place on the Championship side.
He said the move was snubbed by the player’s wife, who told him: ‘Sven, can you really see me in Leicester?’
Eriksson made the comments in a £10-a-head question-and-answer session with football fans at The Starr Inn in Leicester – the city which gave us Match Of The Day host Gary Lineker and Seventies band Showaddywaddy.
The 63-year-old said he raised the prospect of a loan transfer with Beckham during a conversation while they were at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards in London in December.

An audience member at the pub said: ‘Sven was asked if he had ever tried to sign Beckham for Leicester City. He hesitated, then said he did meet up with Beckham and his wife at an event and spoke to him with a view to getting him to sign for Leicester.’
Last night a spokesman for Beckham declined to comment.

Beckham has already said in the media he has no interest in coaching or management, other than working with kids. I can really see the PSG thing working for him as he hasn't yet played in France, but I can't see him coming here now.

This is a couple of weeks old but I don't think it's been posted here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...id-Beckham-ruled-Midlands-Victorias-snub.html

Posh Spice to Sven: Can you REALLY imagine me in Leicester! Beckams rule out move to the Midlands

She lives in Los Angeles and is a familiar face on the catwalks of Paris, Milan and New York.
So perhaps it is no surprise that Victoria Beckham ruled out a move to Leicester –the Midlands city often dismissed as boring and rarely associated with the cutting edge of fashion.

The snub was revealed by former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson –now boss of Leicester City football club – who told how he tried to lure David Beckham back to the UK with the offer of a place on the Championship side.
He said the move was snubbed by the player’s wife, who told him: ‘Sven, can you really see me in Leicester?’
Eriksson made the comments in a £10-a-head question-and-answer session with football fans at The Starr Inn in Leicester – the city which gave us Match Of The Day host Gary Lineker and Seventies band Showaddywaddy.
The 63-year-old said he raised the prospect of a loan transfer with Beckham during a conversation while they were at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards in London in December.

An audience member at the pub said: ‘Sven was asked if he had ever tried to sign Beckham for Leicester City. He hesitated, then said he did meet up with Beckham and his wife at an event and spoke to him with a view to getting him to sign for Leicester.’
Last night a spokesman for Beckham declined to comment.

This was always the reason I knew he wouldn't come here. We could offer him the world but Victoria would never come to Leicester and let's face it if it wasn't for her he probably wouldn't have ever moved to LA

Sven says he'll speak to Beckham again abo...

sleep-computer-460_1205647c.jpg

If Beckham doesn't join us soon I hope he retires as the speculation became boring just less than a year ago.

Forget the 'victoria won't live in leicester' nonsense. It would take longer for him to get from sawbridgeworth to chelsea's training ground than to belvoir drive most mornings. I don't suppose you'd rule out a move to chelski though. I think this all depends on whether he wants to take on a longish term project. Tbh, I bet Victoria likes LA a bit too much and he may well be under pressure to stay put and find something to do out there.

In the Times, there's a double dose of Sven's wisdom, pairing the Beckham bullcrap with a long piece explaining why he thonks Arsene Wenger would be the perfect successor to Capello for the England job.

Men in flapping white coats expected to be called shortly.

Last edited:
In the Times, there's a double dose of Sven's wisdom, pairing the Beckham bullcrap with a long piece explaining why he thonks Arsene Wenger would be the perfect successor to Capello for the England job.Men in flapping white coats expected to be called shortly.
There was a blog on the BBC site last week about Wenger for England too. Ridiculous.

Personally I can't bloody wait for the boring fecker to retire.

Would have been a great signing a decade ago when he was still a footballer rather than a slightly dated marketing campaign.

In my book anyone who decides,while still at what many would consider the peak performing age for a central midfielder,to see out their days with the college boys & semi-retirees in Mickey (M)ouse League Soccer has abdicated any right to be considered as a top flight pro.

All that embarrassing malarky with the AC Milan loan in a desperate bid to play for England was the ultimate example of someone thinking he was bigger than his sport & could have his cake & eat it because he was better than everyone else.
I am NOT the sort of person who usually takes any joy from seeing others suffer but I do admit to a twinge of pleasure when reading about how the Gods of football decided otherwise & kicked his leg from under him before the World Cup.

The bloke is the ultimate symbol for me of the football era he represented...greed,hype & the triumph of style over substance.

I'm sure we'd shift a lot of shirts in Thailand if he came here but thats about it.& as for the coaching role? Erm...hasn't he repeatedly said that he doesn't want to move into coaching or management? Ridiculous.
But at least he seems to have enough self awareness to realise that he's as thick as a prison wall & therefore unlikely to make a decent manager so fair play to him on that.

Basically he'll do what his hideous Mrs tells him to just like always,so one last hurrah at the Olympics for Brand Beckham & then goodnight.

Ten years from now when he's completely forgotten other than as a historical footnote in documentaries about pre-austerity excess (a bit like those yuppies shoving 20 quid notes in their shirt pockets that always get shown on programmes about the 80s) maybe he might look back & regret wasting the last 5 years of his career because the 150k a week he could have earned at a top European club simply wasn't enough.

The divorce will have come long before that so plenty of time for reflection.

Alan Hansen wrote him the perfect epitaph as a footballer years ago:

"The 4th best player at Man Utd"

I'll stick with that rather than have to look at a rather sad entry in a future edition of 'Of Fossils & Foxes' thanks very much.

Personally I can't bloody wait for the boring fecker to retire.

Would have been a great signing a decade ago when he was still a footballer rather than a slightly dated marketing campaign.

In my book anyone who decides,while still at what many would consider the peak performing age for a central midfielder,to see out their days with the college boys & semi-retirees in Mickey (M)ouse League Soccer has abdicated any right to be considered as a top flight pro.

All that embarrassing malarky with the AC Milan loan in a desperate bid to play for England was the ultimate example of someone thinking he was bigger than his sport & could have his cake & eat it because he was better than everyone else.
I am NOT the sort of person who usually takes any joy from seeing others suffer but I do admit to a twinge of pleasure when reading about how the Gods of football decided otherwise & kicked his leg from under him before the World Cup.

The bloke is the ultimate symbol for me of the football era he represented...greed,hype & the triumph of style over substance.

I'm sure we'd shift a lot of shirts in Thailand if he came here but thats about it.& as for the coaching role? Erm...hasn't he repeatedly said that he doesn't want to move into coaching or management? Ridiculous.
But at least he seems to have enough self awareness to realise that he's as thick as a prison wall & therefore unlikely to make a decent manager so fair play to him on that.

Basically he'll do what his hideous Mrs tells him to just like always,so one last hurrah at the Olympics for Brand Beckham & then goodnight.

Ten years from now when he's completely forgotten other than as a historical footnote in documentaries about pre-austerity excess (a bit like those yuppies shoving 20 quid notes in their shirt pockets that always get shown on programmes about the 80s) maybe he might look back & regret wasting the last 5 years of his career because the 150k a week he could have earned at a top European club simply wasn't enough.

The divorce will have come long before that so plenty of time for reflection.

Alan Hansen wrote him the perfect epitaph as a footballer years ago:

"The 4th best player at Man Utd"

I'll stick with that rather than have to look at a rather sad entry in a future edition of 'Of Fossils & Foxes' thanks very much.

Now that is how to write a long post!

Last edited:
Now that is how to write a long post!

Even I read the fecker, well done that man.

Thanks gents.

I've got a week off & was up late & indulged in a couple of single malts.Always makes me ramble a bit.
Personally I think its my second best work after the comedy predictions post about the Thai takeover.

Beckham just winds me up.Always has.& I've actually met his Mrs so feel qualified to insult her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669