Speculation Beckham (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the Foxes Trust,ISA & the Ginetta club all think it's a great idea.I'd expect groups that purport to represent supporters to be a bit more imaginative tbh.

Love the Lance Tomlyn quote especially:

"I work in marketing and..."

As any sane person would i stopped reading at that point.

Beckham: 'Hi Rio, thought you weren't due out here 'til next season?'

I don't understand the animosity towards Beckham. He WAS as world class player and a year ago he would have still walked in to 75% of premier league sides. His form at Milan was also very good and the injury unfortunate. If he stayed in Europe he'd still be in the England squad in my opinion (although the MLS may have pro-longed his career a little compared with European leagues). The bloke is a class act.

The LA decision may have been Victoria's but who cares? He saw a chance to make his family happier and he took it. Whatever move he made, he would have been moving to a new country so it's right that he should consult her.

TH " sven wants you to do what "
DB " silly old fool wants me to sign for a team called big spending leicester"
REF " silly old sod"

TH - What's Posh like in bed?
DB - Va va voom.
TH - (thinks) Misguided twat

I don't understand the animosity towards Beckham. He WAS as world class player and a year ago he would have still walked in to 75% of premier league sides. His form at Milan was also very good and the injury unfortunate. If he stayed in Europe he'd still be in the England squad in my opinion (although the MLS may have pro-longed his career a little compared with European leagues). The bloke is a class act.

The LA decision may have been Victoria's but who cares? He saw a chance to make his family happier and he took it. Whatever move he made, he would have been moving to a new country so it's right that he should consult her.

Agree with you Han. With the number of dubious characters and truly awful role models in football nowadays, vitriol towards Beckham seems totally misdirected. He has, for the most part, been a good father and a great example to the huge number of kids that have looked up to him. Not perfect, by any stretch, but I think he's a pretty admirable character.

I don't understand the animosity towards Beckham.

I'm not sure that anybody feels any animosity towards him. I certainly don't - but I don't think his acquisition would in any way take the club forward.

I'm not sure that anybody feels any animosity towards him. I certainly don't - but I don't think his acquisition would in any way take the club forward.

I was aiming my comments at GUAW and the many thousands like him. But you already knew that.

I agree from a footballing perspective but if the owners wish to build the club's profile then there is no bigger name to do so.

With rumours of O'Neill returning, I suggest this is Sven's agent Athole Still putting this rumour about in an effort at keeping Sven in yet another lucrative job. Because the only chance we have of getting Beckham here is if Sven is the boss.

With rumours of O'Neill returning, I suggest this is Sven's agent Athole Still putting this rumour about in an effort at keeping Sven in yet another lucrative job. Because the only chance we have of getting Beckham here is if Sven is the boss.

What rumours are they?

A moderator should change your name to Unrealist.......

I beg to differ. I have seen lots of reports over the years of how much good effect Beckham has had on England players both in the dressing room and on the pitch. If Sven could truly pull off the miracle of bringing him here, and using him like we did last week with Super Stevie - Super Sub, I think Beckham would also have a huge positive effect on our team. He is one of the few footballers that other footballers have genuine respect for, in the same way Chris Powell did for us.

Ian Walker used to commute daily from just outside London. Posh can live wherever she wants. I accept the thousands of shirts sold in Thailand/Asia model. Feck it! If David Beckham plays just once for us as a sub for 10 mins, I will go and buy a new shirt with his name on!

Top - Offer Beckham whatever it takes. Sven - Go get him!

Spot on! Can't believe anyone wouldn't think this would be an excellent signing ffs!

Welcome back to our resident Cov fan, talking shite, as ever :038:

How's Operation Premiership going...?

He would be invaluable to have at the club IMO. Also can't believe anyone thinks he wouldn't be a good acquisition, especially at this level. Even if he wasn't playing and just came in a coaching capacity I would be a real coup.

Last edited:
A moderator should change your name to Unrealist.......

He/she/it really does have the most ironic user name ever. I've never seen it make a single post that is even approaching realism, regardless of subject. There's some doubt over whether it's a fox as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670