Bernard Manning R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
From the Middleton Guardian, up there in Lancashire:

COMEDIAN Bernard Manning has died, aged 76.

The comedian died at North Manchester General Hospital, where he had been for the past fortnight being treated for a kidney complaint.

Anybody got him on their Death List?

Last edited:
I thought he was good. Saw him a couple of times at Bailey's....

Wish I feckin had.

I am not gonna cause an argument but the world's a better place without him.

So you're glad that another human being has died? Why? How is the world now better to live in?

Cheerio Bernard :038:

Glimpses of genius, glimpses of shite.

''He shot to fame in the 1970s on ITV programme The Comedians and was renowned for his off-colour humour.''

Someone takin the piss?

no its just you trying to be PC......:icon_roll

He toed the lines on more than one occasion and even admitted it recently. Although, he proclaimed 'he's telling it how he sees it and it's the truth'.

I am not gonna debate but there was times where Manning crossed the line.

what line? stop being ****ing PC

nobody had him on their list

my mother-in-law, she says "when you die, i'm dancing on your grave"

i said "i'm getting buried at sea"

He never really bothered me,I never listened to or watched the fat Racist twat:102: If you didn't like his humour then don't listen to him,I didn't like it so I ignored him

Last edited:
Manning's jokes befitted the mood and attitudes at the time. He wasn't out of place back then, it's just the modern world tries to go back and recreate history as though everything was all perfect.

Manning in the 70's was no different to the average man on the street, he just had the gift of getting his point across in a funny way.

As the world got more "correct" Manning's act got dated, yet people still criticise him now for what was normal back then. Manning toned his act down to suit the modern world, but it was never the same and couldn't get away with it anymore.

It's part of our history, it's what Britian was back then. We can't change it, only learn from it.

He toed the lines on more than one occasion and even admitted it recently. Although, he proclaimed 'he's telling it how he sees it and it's the truth'.

I am not gonna debate but there was times where Manning crossed the line.

If you're not gonna debate then stop flaming the thread with reactionary comments designed to provoke a response.

He was a clever comedian, was a great showman and was funny. End of.

Last edited:
Manning's jokes befitted the mood and attitudes at the time. He wasn't out of place back then, it's just the modern world tries to go back and recreate history as though everything was all perfect.

Manning in the 70's was no different to the average man on the street, he just had the gift of getting his point across in a funny way.

As the world got more "correct" Manning's act got dated, yet people still criticise him now for what was normal back then. Manning toned his act down to suit the modern world, but it was never the same and couldn't get away with it anymore.

It's part of our history, it's what Britian was back then. We can't change it, only learn from it.

Exactly and as BG can remember the Wheel Tappers (sp) and Shunters on the telly and Hazz cannot they have different reactions to the same thing. ;)

We all die, even Bernard Manning. ;)

Exactly and as BG can remember the Wheel Tappers (sp) and Shunters on the telly and Hazz cannot they have different reactions to the same thing. ;)

We all die, even Bernard Manning. ;)

you nasty bastard Steven.......:018:

here here melts :038: very well put imo
i remember seeing him at baileys one drunken stag night and he asked the audience " wanna see some punk rock?" "yes" shrieked some pissed up old bints on the front row he gobbed all over them for me at that point in time it was comedy gold :icon_lol:then as time wore on he became a freak who insisted on being interviewed in just his massive pants :102::icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669