Bernard Manning R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not gonna debate then stop flaming the thread with reactionary comments designed to provoke a response.

He was a clever comedian, was a great showman and was funny. End of.

You may or may not like him, I don't particularly rate him too highly, but he was undoubtedly a good comic & a talented showman.

Lower ....... ;)

If you're not gonna debate then stop flaming the thread with reactionary comments designed to provoke a response.

He was a clever comedian, was a great showman and was funny. End of.

At the time I wrote that past, I'd already done 10 mins overtime. I thought feck this time to go home.

I think Melton has pretty much hit the nail on the end.

Saw him quite a few times in the eighties/nineties at his shitehole of a club in north Manchester - and on occasion the man was truly an absolute feckin' comedy genius

RIP you fat funny (racist) git

I met him at a recording of The Weakest Link celebrity special a couple of years ago and he was clearly unwell then. People were helping him to walk. So I should have put him on a list.

I can't say he was my cup of tea but someone I know grew up with him and says he did a lot for charity behind the scenes and like so many "stars" was very different in real life to his comedic persona.

RIP

"I had a distant German relative who died at Auschwitz. He fell out of one of the watchtowers."

"I'll never forget the day I took my own mother-in-law to the Chamber of Horrors in Madame Tussauds. Suddenly, one of the attendants whispered to me: 'Please keep her moving. We're trying to do a stock take.'"

Man says to his wife: Pack your bags, I’ve won the pools.
She says: What should I pack? Something light, something warm? Where are we going?
He says: We’re going nowhere. Just pack your bags and **** off.

I met him at a recording of The Weakest Link celebrity special a couple of years ago and he was clearly unwell then. People were helping him to walk. So I should have put him on a list.

no need to go the opticians with 20/20 hindsight like that

"I don't understand these darkies that say they're English. If a dog was born in a stable does that mean it's a ****ing horse" :icon_lol:

frank carson was talking about bm on the news last night...another one im not keen on (god im starting to sound like my mum)

"I don't understand these darkies that say they're English. If a dog was born in a stable does that mean it's a ****ing horse" :icon_lol:

a clever joke, but specious reasoning

if being English is not being born here, then what definition is it?

at what point can you declare yourself English under the Manning definition?

not second generation, but how about 3rd?

4th?

was Bernard Manning English? Bernard Manning of Irish Catholic and Jewish descent?

the proper heckle to the joke would be: "good point, **** off you fat paddy yid"

a clever joke, but specious reasoning

if being English is not being born here, then what definition is it?

at what point can you declare yourself English under the Manning definition?

not second generation, but how about 3rd?

4th?

was Bernard Manning English? Bernard Manning of Irish Catholic and Jewish descent?

the proper heckle to the joke would be: "good point, **** off you fat paddy yid"

The Manning definition???

:icon_lol: ****sake DV, it's a bit early in the day to be smoking crack!

If you deconstruct any joke the specious ratio is bound to rise sharply.
The absurdity is what makes it amusing, not its basis in fact.

The Manning definition???

:icon_lol: ****sake DV, it's a bit early in the day to be smoking crack!

If you deconstruct any joke the specious ratio is bound to rise sharply.
The absurdity is what makes it amusing, not its basis in fact.

well i meant "Manning's definition"

it's not funny because of absurdity nor fact, it's funny *as* specious reasoning

it's like "God made Adam & Eve not Adam & Steve"

and yes i am disappearing up my arse somewhat by deconstructing jokes

but no, it's never too early to hit the pipe

:033:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687