Bernard Parker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, am I the only one who gets the impression this is a back up incase another deal falls through? Otherw*s* if a bid had been accepted why not just close the deal and offer him a contract?

Yup... many irons, many fires etc etc.

totally agee babylon hope nobody nips in, always better to get the deal signed and closed.
As the naughton deal is not finalised (ie loan /or purchase) my intial reaction to the Parker deal was financial ( whats remaining after naughton), but it seems the financial side of the parker deal is agreed, must be all hanging on another striker deal, feck it svem get em both!

Also, am I the only one who gets the impression this is a back up incase another deal falls through? Otherw*s* if a bid had been accepted why not just close the deal and offer him a contract?

Yep, you wouldn't wait on a deal unless you have something up your sleeve. Says a lot for the supposed target if Twener/Parker can hold on for a week.

We must really rate this boy if we've got him on hold in case we can't do a deal for virtually any striker in the premier league who isn't getting a game.

We must really rate this boy if we've got him on hold in case we can't do a deal for virtually any striker in the premier league who isn't getting a game.
It's a true sign of confidence isn't it? Keep this guy waiting until it becomes clear that literally nobody else is willing to turn up to discuss terms. Got the feeling that if we sign this lad, he'll be one of those who makes a couple of sub appearances before dropping to the reserves and never playing again. In three years' time we'll be adding his name to the ex-players thread when he joins a club in the Bulgarian second tier, and people will be saying 'I forgot he ever played for us'.

or, and this could be a crazy notion, we have agreed a deal but the fee and/or contract deal are more than we originally wanted to pay and now we are deciding if he's worth it and how it affects other deals?

Mercury are reporting today that City are still pondering on whether to offer this bloke a contract even though the deal with his club is agreed.

Mercury are reporting today that City are still pondering on whether to offer this bloke a contract even though the deal with his club is agreed.

If we are that unsure maybe it would be best to just walk away.

Presumably we're only unsure because we're trying to sign someone better, and if that doesn't come off Parker is a back-up option.

If all of our other options fell through, and Parker came here by default, it would hardly fill him with confidence and inspire team loyalty.

If all of our other options fell through, and Parker came here by default, it would hardly fill him with confidence and inspire team loyalty.

I agree, if hes good enough hes good enough, if hes not hes not - why the need for all the messing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669