Best ever LCFC memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Best = Shrewsbury in the cup 1982

but plenty of great memories most emotional coming back from 3-0 down against Swindon at Wembley play offs onlt to lose.

I was at the Shrewsbury game. It was fantastic and i'm hoping to catch it when repeated on ESPN again

prob the 5-0 cambridge game

i'd gone pretty much every home game that season and a few away, i was only 16

seems silly now, but cambridge were a good side, Claridge, Dublin, er Philpot and we mullered em

there were a couple of good away wins at Sunderland when i was at Uni in Durham 93-96 that i really enjoyed along with a Geordie mate

Yes a great night. I remember walking away from filbo having to pinch myself that Leicester were going to play at Wembley

Leicester 3 v Liverpool 3 - 83/84 (I think)

Peake, Lineker, Lynex. This was my 2nd City game and it was under floodlights. Great night as Liverpool are my 2nd team. Can't remember who scored for Liverpool

I remember it. Cracking game and one of many we have had against Liverpool over the years. Sadly the gulf between the clubs even with MM might ensure that the previous truly were halcyon days

Lots of good ones for me...

1. Shrewsbury 1982 - 3 goalkeepers etc...Jock Wallace's Aces...
2. Derby playoff - Tommy Johnson...Derby fans crying
3. All League Cup finals...even Spurs
4. Palace play-off
5. Beating Liverpool at Anfield and being one of the only City fans there as the away end was shut for redevelopment...
6. Beating Manure at Old Trafford - Tony Cottee
7. Fulham in 1983...
8. Making an annual trip to the Manor Ground Oxford and getting incredibly p*ssed
9. Beating Watford to get to the play-off final and taking the p"ss out of their mascot
10. Stan The Man and Bruno vs Sunderland - what might have been...

Leicester Vs Spurs - score 2 - 1

Muzzy izzet stole the show with his amazing goal from a good 30 yards out, with all the fans screaming for MON not to leave for the Leeds jobs, everyone holding there signs they got free from the mockery, it was amazing, me my brother and my cusins were ment to be at home with the family to celebrate a religious day but we legged it out and got to the game, sitting behind the goal when muzzy connected that shot on the volley amazinnnnnnnng., breath-taking.

Leicester Vs Spurs - score 2 - 1

Muzzy izzet stole the show with his amazing goal from a good 30 yards out, with all the fans screaming for MON not to leave for the Leeds jobs, everyone holding there signs they got free from the mockery, it was amazing, me my brother and my cusins were ment to be at home with the family to celebrate a religious day but we legged it out and got to the game, sitting behind the goal when muzzy connected that shot on the volley amazinnnnnnnng., breath-taking.
I used to miss about one home match a season whilst on holiday (before I came out here and miss all of them whilst on permanent holiday).

That Spurs game was, of course, the one game I missed that season. The Collymore/Heskey Sunderland game was the only one I missed that season.

You get the idea...

One game not yet mentioned (and a very big surprise as it was a massive game^) away to Notts County in the zenith data cup, pissing it down with rain and no roof, won 2-1 with Fitzpatrick (?spelling) scoring the winner, that is how I remember it without checking but I am sure if I am wrong I will be told! The fans that night were superb, we went back on the train and remember having to stand all the way it what seemed like a cattle cart!!

Worst moment Coming back against Swindon to 3-3 only to lose to another pen. Took me until the next play off final to get over it. I have never watched the match again.

i agree with you on the worst city moment but it would also rank as one of the best games due to the comeback and it being at wembley but unlike you when i watched it again when id got back home from wembley...did you go to the game or did you watch it on tv

i agree with you on the worst city moment but it would also rank as one of the best games due to the comeback and it being at wembley but unlike you when i watched it again when id got back home from wembley...did you go to the game or did you watch it on tv

Worst moment was losing to Harlow away....... took me 4 days to get home after that showing.

But another good memory, beating Leatherhead at home in the cup, 2-0 down at half time but a storming second half to win 3-2

when we were last in the permiership we played spurs at white hart lane, and the final score was 4-4 and the mole got sent off, what a game i thought we were going to win it, i think i one point they were winning 3-1, that was a great game watched that on TV

when we were last in the permiership we played spurs at white hart lane, and the final score was 4-4 and the mole got sent off, what a game i thought we were going to win it, i think i one point they were winning 3-1, that was a great game watched that on TV

I think they were winning 3-0 at one point, and we came back to 4-3. Brought Sinclair on, fecked up with Keane and it ended 4-4....

I think they were winning 3-0 at one point, and we came back to 4-3. Brought Sinclair on, fecked up with Keane and it ended 4-4....

What a great game to watch even for the nutrals,

I don’t know if any will remember this (I am old)

1967-1968 Manchester City at home FA cup replay 4-3 we were 3-0 down – unbelievable atmosphere in the Kop. I think we played Man City for 4/5 consecutive years in the cup around this time.

Worst Game – 1968-1969 Man City in the Cup Final lost 0-1. Neill Young scored the only goal, I hated him on the day although I later grew to like his music.
:icon_bigg

MMs press conference is possibly my highlight following these feckers so far

But another good memory, beating Leatherhead at home in the cup, 2-0 down at half time but a storming second half to win 3-2

I was at that one. I don't hold it as a good memory though. Incredulity and embarrassment, followed by relief!

beating arsenal on penalties in the F.A.Cup,

losing to man city in the F.A Cup because frank sinclair didn't know how to clear the fecking ball,

when we were last in the perimership, we scored penlty of goals, one of the highest scoring teams were were, but we let in so many late goals, we had a good defence where was the problem thne, confusing?

beating arsenal on penalties in the F.A.Cup,

losing to man city in the F.A Cup because frank sinclair didn't know how to clear the fecking ball,

when we were last in the perimership, we scored penlty of goals, one of the highest scoring teams were were, but we let in so many late goals, we had a good defence where was the problem thne, confusing?
Very

it just never made sense, adams did really well for this club, he got us promoted in one attemp, and then in the permiership he brought some great expierence players, the problem now is, we can defend basically but we can't score, if we had the defence we do now with the strike force we had then we would be on top of the world, or may be in the play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566