Best gig ever been to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a Liverpool dockers fundraising gig in Feb 1986 at Liverpool Royal Court that had The Fall, The Smiths, And New Order playing with John Cooper Clarke the compere.

Great gig. There was a riot when Derek Hatton came on stage to make political statements. All the crowd wanted was the music. Hatton got bottled off! Margi Clarke came on stage at one point. Lasted 10 seconds.

I Can't forget Husker Du at M'cr Hacienda Sep 1985 either.

Loads and loads of other fantastic gigs, too many to list.

Only been to four.

Stereophonics- September 2005. Amazing gig, good support in The Dead 60's.

Noise And Confusion. Another top quality gig, Millenium Stadium- December 2005. Oasis headlined, with Foo Fighters, Razorlight and The Coral all playing decnet sets.

Kelly Clarkson - February 2006.- Present for my Girlfriend. Not a big fan but like her better than any other pop act. decent gig not really my thing though.

Feeder - March 2006. Great gig from my favourite band.Loved it all.

They were all good but Feeder was my favourite purely because i Knew every word to every song and they are my favourite band.

pds said:
Kelly Clarkson - February 2006.- Present for my Girlfriend. Not a big fan but like her better than any other pop act. decent gig not really my thing though.

Was that the one in Birmingham? If so, then the same thing happened to my mate! She was taken to see her as a present! :eek:

Orifice said:
Went to a Liverpool dockers fundraising gig in Feb 1986 at Liverpool Royal Court that had The Fall, The Smiths, And New Order playing with John Cooper Clarke the compere.

Great gig. There was a riot when Derek Hatton came on stage to make political statements. All the crowd wanted was the music. Hatton got bottled off! Margi Clarke came on stage at one point. Lasted 10 seconds.

I Can't forget Husker Du at M'cr Hacienda Sep 1985 either.

Loads and loads of other fantastic gigs, too many to list.

You went the Hacienda?!? W-----o-----w!!!

Bon Jovi @ City Of Manchester Stadium yesterday.

Quality show, word going about is that it was one of the best they'd done in a while. Certainly the best I've seen them in. Very good set list and great atmosphere. Nickelback were very good, they were blasting out free tshirts from some sort of pressurised cannon launcher things into the crowd. Awesome stadium aswell, pitty Mancester seems like a bit of a hole...

roll on next week at the MK Bowl :038:

TornadoShaunUK said:

Quality show, word going about is that it was one of the best they'd done in a while.
Well it would be wouldn't it :102:

Glad you enjoyed it, can't believe the Nickleback bit though, I think you meant to say they were a bag of sad shite and drivel

Melton Fox said:
Well it would be wouldn't it :102:

Glad you enjoyed it, can't believe the Nickleback bit though, I think you meant to say they were a bag of sad shite and drivel

No they were alright, better frontman than I expected.. check out this quip of his..

'A man sets out to go fishing with his wife and his dog. He knows his wife doesn't want to go fishing so he gives her two choices to get out of it. Oral or Anal. So she goes down on him and after while she says 'Honey you taste like shit'. I know.. the dog didn't want to go either..'

I think it was phrased something like that..

When you are a bit wasted that was quality :038:

TornadoShaunUK said:
No they were alright, better frontman than I expected.. check out this quip of his..

'A man sets out to go fishing with his wife and his dog. He knows his wife doesn't want to go fishing so he gives her two choices to get out of it. Oral or Anal. So she goes down on him and after while she says 'Honey you taste like shit'. I know.. the dog didn't want to go either..'

I think it was phrased something like that..

When you are a bit wasted that was quality :038:
So, Nickleback were telling jokes instead of singing, I shouldn't be surprised really :icon_lol: :icon_wink

TornadoShaunUK said:

Quality show, word going about is that it was one of the best they'd done in a while. Certainly the best I've seen them in. Very good set list and great atmosphere. Nickelback were very good, they were blasting out free tshirts from some sort of pressurised cannon launcher things into the crowd. Awesome stadium aswell, pitty Mancester seems like a bit of a hole...

roll on next week at the MK Bowl :038:

Seen Bon Jovi something like 8 times :icon_eek: as Melton says top notch live act. I think the first time I saw them was in 88 at Milton Keynes, one of my mates missed the coach and got a taxi back to Leicester :icon_lol:

TornadoShaunUK said:
...........they were blasting out free tshirts from some sort of pressurised cannon launcher things into the crowd.............
Hope they werent aiming them at anyone, look what happened to Maud Flanders.:018:

alex said:
Nirvana, Reading Festival, just before 'Nevermind', felt spiritual...

Hope you stayed for Chapterhouse who were the next band on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669