Best hotel to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any nicer hotels don't mind getting taxi back to the hotel what about the one by the stadium, cancelled that one now

I've stayed at the Ramada Encore a couple of times, that's nice.

It's a shithole inside.

Ah - so you do know it's a shithole. I would sue you for the £55 if I was jas123. Another time when I stayed there, I found an unflushed turd in the toilet of the room I was allocated. You know that I have stayed in a lot of Travelodges as I followed City; this one is the worst one I've found. Used to be OK but not now.

Lol very glad I got the ramada now,just gotta try and check in a bit earlier then the 2pm they say now.

Ah - so you do know it's a shithole. I would sue you for the £55 if I was jas123. Another time when I stayed there, I found an unflushed turd in the toilet of the room I was allocated. You know that I have stayed in a lot of Travelodges as I followed City; this one is the worst one I've found. Used to be OK but not now.

The prison like windows did it for me. Truly awful place.

I know you've booked but for future reference and for anybody else, the Belmont Hotel on DeMontfort St is I'm told very nice (has been taken over by the Great Western chain). It's opposite the train station more or less and thus 2-3 mins walk to some good restaurants and bars on London Road but also just 5-10 mins from the bars and restaurants in town depending on how far into town you go. Belmonts got its own free car park as well.

Not sure about a train company running a hotel.

Guaranteed replacement breakfast services and early morning wake up calls cancelled due to engineering works on the stairs.

On a side note, why do hotels do early morning wake up calls? Are hotels a giant vacuum or something?

I know you've booked but for future reference and for anybody else, the Belmont Hotel on DeMontfort St is I'm told very nice (has been taken over by the Great Western chain). It's opposite the train station more or less and thus 2-3 mins walk to some good restaurants and bars on London Road but also just 5-10 mins from the bars and restaurants in town depending on how far into town you go. Belmonts got its own free car park as well.

And if you're lonely there is a steady supply of ladies out side who will help to make your evening a happy one, for a small fee.

I was just going to say the same. New Walk is rife for muggings and violence too after closing time.

Why is it not policed properly?

It's a delightful part of the city and very unique IMHO.

Why is it not policed properly?

It's a delightful part of the city and very unique IMHO.

it used to be bad but they have installed CCTV all around and cleared away the ladies of the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566