Best LCFC Game you ever witnessed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooperLCFCanstey

ok alot of moaning threads these days so i was thinking whats the best Leicester game you ever went to...

mine would have to be the 1996 play off final. i remember when we got the penalty the bloke in the row behind me picked me up and kissed me on the head. also that stevie claridge goal i can still see it i was in the corner near that goal was like yesterday. i was only 11 at the time but i remember nearly everything. what a day.

other great games would be Stans hat trick against sunderland on his home debut.

i remember my 1st game too at filbo, i was sat in the tiny east stand against wimbeldon right near the pitch. couldnt really see as it was 1994 i think and i was tiny. we won 1-0 the only way i knew we'd scored is seeing the kop get up when we scored. we also had a goal disallowed in that game.

maybe you guys have more memorable if some of you are much older than me.

Mine would be the 2-1 win over tranmere, Worthtington Cup Final. Or Maybe the 4-1 win over Millwall because I can remember that better.

Every time I think back to the Fulham cup game when we were 2-0 down with 10minutes to go and then winning it on Penalties, it still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up... that was a great time...
My mate said "10minutes is plenty of time to score 2 or even 3 goals, we will score", my reply was "will me F*CK"...

my favourite City game would have to be either the 1-0 victory over Oxford to keep us up in 1991 or the play-off semi final at home to Cambridge 5-0(1992) with the brilliant original Tommy Wright.
i was aged 5 and 6 respectively.
Also enjoyed the 4-2 away win to Blackburn in 1997 last game of the season.It was a party atmosphere after we had already secured our premiership status.

Derby County, Play-off final 1994, without a doubt. Not just the fact of going to Wembley with a chance to be in the premier but against your bitter rivals too and in the last few minutes.

I sat right on the stairway and me and this lad on the other side of the stairway who i had never met before ended up 4 or 5 rows further down the stand just jumping and hugging.

Also the look on the Derby fans faces on the way back up the M1, priceless.

leeds 4-0 for a result.
3-3 gooners at filbo was good too.

Liverpool 3-3. Early 80's

This was my 2nd game at Filbo and 1st under the floodlights in the double decker.

Lineker, Lynex and Peake if I remember correctly

For me the best games had to be the play off final versus Palace, the Worthington finals vs Middlesboro it was amazing to see us lift a major trophy these purely for the results.

In terms of quality and excitement the games that stand out for me are :

Derby 0 - 4 Leicester - we were 4-0 up after 15 minutes and the sheep were leaving in their droves fantastic.

Leicester 3 - 3 Arsenal - epitomised the never say die attitude of MON's reign.

Spurs 4 - 4 Leicester - absolute classic game tremendous performance by City to come back from 3-1 to lead 4-3 but like too many times under MA we conceded a late goal, but a fantastic match.

The FA Cup quater final at home versus Shrewsbury when we won 5-2 but had to use 3 different keepers.

lcfcrules said:
Every time I think back to the Fulham cup game when we were 2-0 down with 10minutes to go and then winning it on Penalties, it still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up... that was a great time...
My mate said "10minutes is plenty of time to score 2 or even 3 goals, we will score", my reply was "will me F*CK"...

That Fulham game 3-3 is mine. Quality stuff - Walsh and Marshall scored brilliant goals, and Arpexhad saved all 3 penalties.

my all time fav was that amazing 3-3 with the gunners. but closely followed by the 3-2 over norwich in 1995/96. it was when heskey climbed off the bench to transform that game, ****ing brill

beating cambridge 5-0 was also up there, just complete devastation

1982 CITY 5 SHREWSBURY 2( f.a.cup quarter final).
1984 LIVERPOOL 1 CITY 2 (boxing day).
1991 CITY 1 OXFORD 0 (to keep us out of div 3).
1996 CITY 2 C.PALACE 1 (play-off at wembley)
1997 CITY 1 M'BORO 0( cup final replay at Hillsboro)
2000 CITY 2 TRANMERE 1 ( 1st ever cup win at wembley).

Hard to choose from those above. All great moments.

Leicester 3 Arsenal 3

Leicester 2 Derby 1 (Play offs)

Leicester 5 Sunderland 2

Leicester 1 Middlesborough 0 (Cup final)

Leicester 1 Oxford 0

Leicester 3 Swindon 4 (play offs) When we scored the third goal to come back from 3-0 down, it was the first time i have openly cried at a football game. Still get a lump in my throat when i see the goal.

My fav games are

LCFC 3 FULHAM 3 (LCFC WIN 3-0 ON PENS)

DERBY 0 LCFC 4

LCFC 2 CHARLTON 1 (May not be a classic but a highlight in a 'dead' season)

Games which I shouldnt like but do:

SWINDON 4 LCFC 3 (Second ever game watching City, this scarred me and kept me a Fox)

FOREST 2 LCFC 2 (97th minute equaliser from Forest in possibly the best Nationwide game I have seen plus we had just gone in admin)

ATHLETICO MADRID 2 LCFC 1 (Harsh draw and we perfomed well in Madrid, a 10.30pm kick-off on Eurosport and I think next door was woken up when Marshall blasted the net open)

Been watching City for many a year and recognise something in all the games that have been mentioned.
A few I'd like to put in for discussion:-
0 -0 Burnley, 1983, With Fulham not winning at the baseball ground we were promoted.
4-4 Watford, just a crazy game on a Boxing day Gavin Ward, caught the ball as he was falling back to stop putting the ball into his own net he put the ball at their forwards feet, who promptly put it in the net!!! Sticks scored our equaliser.
3-3 v Derby, Iwan hat trick
5 - 0 v Wolves, Placards everywhere for Gerry Daly to stay, (He didn't!!)

In recent times there was one moment that made the hairs on your neck stand on end.
0-1 v Man Utd. We were officially relegated, but every Leicester supporter stood up as we heard for the first time "Stand up If you love Leicester" Absolutely brilliant.. (Now it's getting a bit embarrassing as less and less stand up ) :?

Just remebered one more game. 94/95 when we trailing 4-1 at villa with 20 minutes to go and salvaged a 4-4 draw. David Lowe got 2 goals i think...another classic legend for the foxes!

City 3 Leatherhead 2 (1975). Two nil down to the non leaguers, with Chris, Leatherhead Lip, scoring the second goal. Great fight back in the second half.

City 2 Leeds Utd 2 (1974?). Leeds had gone some 20 or so games unbeaten. We were 2-0 up after about twenty minutes (Worthington and a cracker from Birchenall). Leeds came back to draw and went on to be unbeaten for 29 games from the start of the season. For some strange reason, I ended up in the away section with my dad.

City 3 Everton 1 (1985). This was Gaz Lineker's first game for Everton after leaving the Foxes. Everton predictably took the lead, but Leicester came back to win with two audaucious goals from Mark Bright, who we all believed would replace Gaz.

Fulham 0 City 1 (1983). This win enabled us to close the gap on Fulham as we fought for promotion. Over 10,000 City fans were at Craven Cottage to see this one. Ian Wilson's solitary goal continued the unbeaten run and knocked the stuffing out of Fulham.

City 5 Wolves 0 (1983). Wolves were in second place and we absolutely played them off the park. A smashing right foot volley from Alan Smith was the pick of the goals

City 5 Shrewsbury 2 (1982). This has to be the best match. We got the home draw we wanted and we were 1-0 up within a few minutes. Then disaster with Wallington's injury and we are 2-1 down. A lucky own goal equaliser just before half-time gives us hope. Two more goalkeeping changes, and three more goals. What a game!

PEN3 said:
City 3 Leatherhead 2 (1975). Two nil down to the non leaguers, with Chris, Leatherhead Lip, scoring the second goal. Great fight back in the second half.

The 'Leatherhead Lip' Chris Kelly. :roll: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: All so long ago, I was literally still a kid then. :-( :-( :? :? Good memories though. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

The 5-2 FA Cup win against Shrewsbury and the 1-0 win against Oxford to keep us up.

lcfcrules said:

Remember it well - although I'd have preferred it not to go to extra time...

The company I worked for at the time sent me on a one week course in Bracknell that week. They wanted me to travel down by train and stay in a hotel for the week. I realised I wouldn't be able to get back for the match if I did that, so I persuaded the company to let me have a hire car, and travel down every day. I didn't tell them it was so I could get to the Fulham match.

So I had to endure 15 hour working days for a week (with all the travelling), rather than have an expenses paid week in a hotel, just so I could see that one match. Worth it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566