Bet365 suspend betting on new manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called ##### from sunny Stockholm to find odds on our next manager to be informed that betting has been suspended 'on information received that Leicester will appoint a new manager today'...if true it would seem to rule out Dowie .. ##### have had Rodgers as favourite earlier in the speculation stakes...or it could be one of the currently unemployed...just hope for sanity's sake it isn't Colin Wanker....at any rate it sounds like something's about to happen...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmm, to be honest i hope its not sturrock either. or roeder.. or reid... or chelsea reserve man....or hoddle ....or megson.. :102:

not when you are leicester city, its never too late for a press conference, it was 6pm when Martin Allen got sacked, and it was a late night conference when CL was uneviled at the new manager then

It would be good if it were today. It would give our new man some time to get a brief knowledge of his squad.

not when you are leicester city, its never too late for a press conference, it was 6pm when Martin Allen got sacked, and it was a late night conference when CL was uneviled at the new manager then

Despite that I'd be surprised if anything will happen today. IF there is any imminent announcements I'd have thought it will wait until tomorrow morning

I would be somewhat astounded if we appoint a manager today. I believe things are happening at great speeds behind the scenes, but later today, or even tomorrow is a little too premature IMO.

so what ya reckon ?? is it gonna be one of the names that have been linked? or will milan surprise us?

so what ya reckon ?? is it gonna be one of the names that have been linked? or will milan surprise us?
I reckon if it isn't one of the big names we've been linked to, then he'll surprise us.

Last edited:
I think he might surprise us all, but have no idea who. Not sure if Sturrock can do the job with MM in charge, very strong minded and resolute to his cause. That's why a lot of Wednesday supporters were saddened when he got the push.

Will he jump out of a big cake. wearing nought but a pair of fishnet hold-ups and a smile, singing happy birthday to me (Milan that is, not my birthday today)?

an appointment and an announcement are not simultaneous events (albeit a press conference follows fairly quickly!) The ##### boys were clear in their reason for suspending the book...Recent media speculation and momentum about Sturrock could be accurate...he joined Swindon on the basis that he'd take the first job offered after leaving Wednesday...Plymouth Argyle fans still rate him as their best manager ever and his track record apart from his troubled time at Wednesday is good...at Southampton his tenure was short (13 games) and he was sacked by Lowe after two games of the new season winning the second against Blackburn...I for one would take him in front of Roeder, Reid, Megson the miserable and especially Warnock...could he work with Milan? ...maybe not long term but maybe that isn't the issue really is it?

... at Southampton his tenure was short (13 games) and he was sacked by Lowe after two games of the new season winning the second against Blackburn...I for one would take him in front of Roeder, Reid, Megson the miserable and especially Warnock...could he work with Milan? ...maybe not long term but maybe that isn't the issue really is it?

Having a long term manager is precisely the matter - it's virtually impossible to achieve success without that stability.

Sturrock - might be ok. Can't see that he would be better then Warnock. Although my reservation about Warnock is whether after exhausting himself with the Blades, he still has the energy and appetite that we need at Leicester.

I agree with Redditch that long term success goes hand in hand with stability in the management structure...but football is a transient game when it comes to managers time in post...bad managers get sacked...usually based on performance related criteria i.e results but sometimes on failure to manage the players and/or to work with the owners (and we all know MM is not the most patient of employers..)

Good managers are taken by clubs higher up the league structure who can afford to buy management talent on the chance of greater success..long term stability in management is acheived by the fortunate few clubs high enough in the food chain to have the patience,desire and money to hang onto their managers (maybe with the exception of Dario Gradi and Crewe!)

We are looking for stability,consistency in results, promotion and progression as a club in the premier league...I know I'm stating the obvious but we will be amazingly fortunate to find a manager with the skills required to bring us that progression in the current climate and where we are now...

I guess we are all looking for the best compromise under the circumstances...and if we find someone who can relate to and enthuse the City faithful all the better..there was something not right about MA on a big scale or MM would not have got rid when he did, it was ,no matter how you look at it the wrong choice...lets hope his next appointment is based on more than just MM's instinct and any short tem panic we seem to be collectivley generating...

Having a long term manager is precisely the matter - it's virtually impossible to achieve success without that stability.

Sturrock - might be ok. Can't see that he would be better then Warnock. Although my reservation about Warnock is whether after exhausting himself with the Blades, he still has the energy and appetite that we need at Leicester.

Agree 100%. Milan wanted Warnock and that counts for a lot. Although I tend to refer to him as Colin, I think it's time to bury the hatchet and hope that you're wrong on Colin, er.... , Neil's burn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669