Bet365 suspend betting on new manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't 'pip' Sheff Utd to promotion, we were so far ahead of them that even if the 10 point deduction had been in place we'd have still finished above them.

The bloke was just trying to blame someone else for his own failure.

As I say I'm not fussed about Warnock as manager but as has been widely pointed out he would be in a different class to some of the names mentioned.

I would question whether Warnock would still be able to bring the necessary energy to the job because I suspect that the Sheffield United experience was as good as it gets for him.....but Peter Reid!!. Peter Reid is sadly washed up as a manager.

In my opinion, Milan has taken the correct decision to get rid of Allen if he believed that he couldn't work with him but I wish he had had someone better lined up before he took that action rather than us having speculation about the likes of Reid and Megson.

Warnock is cnut man and a cnut manager. End of.

This 'maybe he's alright really' from people who hated his guts a few weeks ago is embarrassing.

If we go down that route, I'd be stunned and gutted.

Everyone has their own opinions which I respect, but I see it as he was saying what everyone outside of leics was thinking and I dont hold grudges it isnt worth it. Although he didnt get sheff utd promoted fast they were always finishing high in the league, was brian little a bad manager because it took 3 playoffs to get promoted?

Last edited:
Although he didnt get sheff utd promoted fast they were always finishing high in the league

1999-2000, 16th (he took over in Dec 1999)
2000-2001, 10th
2001-2002, 13th
2002-2003, 3rd
2003-2004, 8th
2004-2005, 8th
2005-2006, 2nd

Hardly counts as "always finishing high in the league", only one appearance in the play-offs before they finally went up.

But it does show what can be achieved if you give a manager time to build a team and don't sack him at the first opportunity, or when the fans get restless.

But it does show what can be achieved if you give a manager time to build a team and don't sack him at the first opportunity, or when the fans get restless.

or when the Chairman does, which seems much the sooner in our case now....

1999-2000, 16th (he took over in Dec 1999)
2000-2001, 10th
2001-2002, 13th
2002-2003, 3rd
2003-2004, 8th
2004-2005, 8th
2005-2006, 2nd

Hardly counts as "always finishing high in the league", only one appearance in the play-offs before they finally went up.

Out his full seasons only one outside the top 10 thats high in the league for me.

MM wants to get promoted this season, not in six years.

I want a massage from half a dozen naked beauties. As the Stones said, "You can't always get what you want". :081:

Does anybody have any ideas as to when the oracle is likely to pronounce upon our new manager? I thought that I had read that interviews were over the weekend but it seems deadly quiet.

I must ad mint Steve NO so Meany being lined to us ,myself i would like billy Davis ,having worked with him at the sheep before i had too stop work he's class and would be great for us

Having seen what Davies has achieved at both Preston and Derby, then he would be my first choice whether he can work with MM is another matter.

MM's own words seem to rule out a coach who has never done it in the Championship/Premier. That excludes most foreign names without jobs and the likes of Rodgers.

Can't see it being Davies. He's a media whore who plants stories of being unhappy every 5 minutes and he's doing the same now. He'll stay at Derby. Sturrock and Johnson have already used our vacancy as a way to strengthen their own positions re new contracts etc.

Don't believe the hype on Reid, Megson or Roeder for one second. Reading between the lines, they were only being considered for D of F roles - no chance of being manager.

According to the Merc, Jewell isn't interested. No gospel in itself but you'd think they would only say so if they know so.

Then there's Dowie. Well I'd like it to be true but it would take Dowie doing yet another shock 'I quit' and then turn up down the road, move. Just can't see it happening. He's got a bad enough reputation as it is. He's made his bed at Chaventry and will stay there.

That leaves Colin Wanker. This fella is usually a total rent-a-quote and I haven't seen him say anything over the last couple of weeks. For those of us who don't want him, that's pretty worrying. If he was out of the equation, you can be sure that he would have spouted something to keep his name in the headlines. He's desperate for a job (hence his embarrasing plea for the Livingston one a few weeks back). I think he's a shoe in.

Sweet Jesus. We'd better prepare ourselves for CW, TD and MM on a set this week all smiling and happy. Then MM will come out with some dire explanation that only complete loony's will believe. Then CW will stand there with a LCFC scarf round his neck saying what a great club he's always thought we are, and how proud he is to be our new boss.

Somebody please tell me this isn't going to happen.

Sweet Jesus. We'd better prepare ourselves for CW, TD and MM on a set this week all smiling and happy. Then MM will come out with some dire explanation that only complete loony's will believe. Then CW will stand there with a LCFC scarf round his neck saying what a great club he's always thought we are, and how proud he is to be our new boss.

Better get ready for the LCFC apparatchiks to suddenly reappear to tell us what a good thing it is, before they once more disappear unto the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00