Beware !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

Chandler has returned may be back on this board sooner than we might think. :icon_eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :icon_roll :icon_razz :icon_razz ;)

Disillusioned on another forum said:
When I last looked at the Championship table we were in 19th place. And it's not as if we are unaccustomed to this lowly berth. In fact we spent most of last season hovering around this spot and much of this season too.

Strangely, a lot of board members are not unduly concerned by this lamentable showing. They all think things will come right simply because we are playing 'attractive football' now (it's amazing the effect that a home win against a club in turmoil can have, even when you only take one point out of the next nine).

What's even more peculiar though is that this 'attractive football' is not just a recent phenomenon (more on this later), it seems to have been with us since November 2004. It's been with us throughout 2005 when we have mustered just ONE win on the road. It's been with us for over 50 games when we have recorded back-to-back wins only ONCE.

It's even been with us during our recent goal drought. It's been with us while OPTA rate our individual players as amongst the worst performing in the division. And in true revisionist style it was with us on Saturday when it took a sending off to penetrate the worst defence in the division.

Levein is a new convert to the open expansive game. You can see that by the results it is bringing. Needless to say his suicidal tactics will be applauded on here even if this means RELEGATION FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER to the third league in English football.

Levein has been nothing if not consistent. He has been consistently mediocre. He talks a good game though. Enough to take in the gullible and the impressionible (as well as intellectual poseurs like Thracian). And of course THE GUILTY! Drum out in haste repent at leisure eh?

Bit by bit all the tin tacks and knicker elastic justifications that keep the Levein loyalists together are loosening and fraying at the edges. Wasn't it automatic promotion at first lads? Then it was play-offs. Then it was steadying the ship in mid table. For the lunatic fringe he even saved us from relegation.

The Levein era (surely coming to an end) has been a cautionary tale about unrealistically high and low expectations. Unfortunately the moral of this story is lost on most of you here. So let me put it in big letters for you.

IF WE EVER GET A MANAGER WHO GETS US PROMOTED DESPITE BANKRUPTCY GIVE HIM MORE THAN THE FIRST HOME DEFEAT OF THE SEASON BEFORE CALLING FOR HIS HEAD.When I last looked at the Championship table we were in 19th place. And it's not as if we are unaccustomed to this lowly berth. In fact we spent most of last season hovering around this spot and much of this season too.

Strangely, a lot of board members are not unduly concerned by this lamentable showing. They all think things will come right simply because we are playing 'attractive football' now (it's amazing the effect that a home win against a club in turmoil can have, even when you only take one point out of the next nine).

What's even more peculiar though is that this 'attractive football' is not just a recent phenomenon (more on this later), it seems to have been with us since November 2004. It's been with us throughout 2005 when we have mustered just ONE win on the road. It's been with us for over 50 games when we have recorded back-to-back wins only ONCE.

It's even been with us during our recent goal drought. It's been with us while OPTA rate our individual players as amongst the worst performing in the division. And in true revisionist style it was with us on Saturday when it took a sending off to penetrate the worst defence in the division.

Levein is a new convert to the open expansive game. You can see that by the results it is bringing. Needless to say his suicidal tactics will be applauded on here even if this means RELEGATION FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER to the third league in English football.

Levein has been nothing if not consistent. He has been consistently mediocre. He talks a good game though. Enough to take in the gullible and the impressionible (as well as intellectual poseurs like Thracian). And of course THE GUILTY! Drum out in haste repent at leisure eh?

Bit by bit all the tin tacks and knicker elastic justifications that keep the Levein loyalists together are loosening and fraying at the edges. Wasn't it automatic promotion at first lads? Then it was play-offs. Then it was steadying the ship in mid table. For the lunatic fringe he even saved us from relegation.

The Levein era (surely coming to an end) has been a cautionary tale about unrealistically high and low expectations. Unfortunately the moral of this story is lost on most of you here. So let me put it in big letters for you.

IF WE EVER GET A MANAGER WHO GETS US PROMOTED DESPITE BANKRUPTCY GIVE HIM MORE THAN THE FIRST HOME DEFEAT OF THE SEASON BEFORE CALLING FOR HIS HEAD.

Great, cant wait for him to start offering Silver outside, to feel the wrath of his martial arts.

What makes it even more depressing is that MA has improved Coventry so much, it could have been us!!!!...Wait a minute, they are 3pts ahead of us and we have a game in hand! Also they have Page, Shaw, Hutchinson, Impey, Scowcroft, Adebola all over 30 and we have McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Joey, Smith, Hume and Hughes all under 30. Also Coventry are on the brink of bankruptcy! So surely they should be getting promoted if MAs record is anything to go by!

Although I must admit Chandler talks so much b****cks that it cheers me up because i didnt think anybody could have such a narrow minded point of view. He makes MK look like an optimist! :icon_bigg

Willlow said:
Although I must admit Chandler talks so much b****cks that it cheers me up because i didnt think anybody could have such a narrow minded point of view. He makes MK look like an optimist! :icon_bigg

He must be MA's agent, wife or mother, nobody can have that amount of blind loyalty.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
He must be MA's agent, wife or mother, nobody can have that amount of blind loyalty.

Forget that i think it is MA!!! If chandler starts talking about himself in the 3rd person i think it will give it away! :081:

Willlow said:
Forget that i think it is MA!!! If chandler starts talking about himself in the 3rd person i think it will give it away! :081:

Perhaps he wants his old job back, Jesus NO for the love of God NO ! Give CL a 10 year contract extension !

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Perhaps he wants his old job back, Jesus NO for the love of God NO ! Give CL a 10 year contract extension !

I honestly think CL has improved the sqaud ten fold, we just need the results to pick up and fast!!! Starting on Sat against Millwall!! COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS!!!

DurhamFox said:
Who achieved more in their LCFC careers?? MA or CL???

I was being sarcastic duzzer, granted Micky got results and did a decent job, but I do think Craig has good long term plan in place for the benefit of the club, his biggest problem is learning how to win football matches in the short term.

DurhamFox said:
Who achieved more in their LCFC careers?? MA or CL???

Are we looking back over the complete 12 months of CLs reign so far or just this season? :102: :icon_roll

Entire reigns.

Dont get me wrong, Micky had to go but he acheived a lot more on the field than CL.

I can't see him still being here by the turn of the year.

DurhamFox said:
Entire reigns.

Dont get me wrong, Micky had to go but he acheived a lot more on the field than CL.

How is it going mate ? Long time no see !

DurhamFox said:

Lose on Boxing Day, DF and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which side of the fence you're on) you're probably right.

Seems like Millwall could be the ultimatum game. i was hoping it wasnt. We never do well on a Boxing Day and I feel this is going to be no exception. However i feel that Reading could be a win for us and a 0-0 against Norwich.

CL is still building, but I agree that he needs results and fairly quickly. Could be the right time for a new manager to allow him the transfer window to bring in a couple of his own and trade out the ones he doesnt want, but does the club really need another change of playing staff? NO!

We need a setted squad and team. CL seems to be getting his midfield and strike force settled but still doent know what his first choice defensive line up should be. This could be the answer to the results problem and I think we should give him more time at the mo to do this.

TBH I dont know what the real answer is, if I did I wouldnt be sitting here typing this in my bedroom and I would prob be in a charge of a football club or somethink!

But for now lets stick with him and get behind the boys.

BOB HAZELL said:
Lose on Boxing Day, DF and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which side of the fence you're on) you're probably right.

And Dion takes over ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670