Beware !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A really expect us to be in a relegation spot by the end of the year. My comments are based on that assumption.

Thought it was a bit odd how Kelly has been doing a lot of the 'Talking' lately and Hearts may well be looking for another Manager shortly..

5.32/1 to be relegated and only 6.84/1 to finish bottom.

fcukcov said:
5.32/1 to be relegated and only 6.84/1 to finish bottom.

Fill your boots Durham and if Dublin takes over double your stake..

I dont want it to happen. It just seems as we move further and further in to the Levien era that results are getting worse and worse. I can see all the good work he is doing but can we afford to risk the status of the club???

highland fox said:
Fill your boots Durham and if Dublin takes over double your stake..

Cracking bet. :confused: :( :icon_sad: If that happens we should raise a syndicate to have a good bet on our demise. :icon_eek: :icon_cry:

Steven said:
Cracking bet. :confused: :( :icon_sad: If that happens we should raise a syndicate to have a good bet on our demise. :icon_eek: :icon_cry:
We could pay for Lee Morris medical bill with the winnings to help the club out.

DurhamFox said:
I dont want it to happen. It just seems as we move further and further in to the Levien era that results are getting worse and worse. I can see all the good work he is doing but can we afford to risk the status of the club???

I was under the impression you wanted him out DF ? I'm not taking the Piss or shit stirring I did seriously think you wanted him sacked.I respect what you are saying but it's a long way of a Relegation battle at the moment IMO.However I do believe what BH says he was first with the Hammond story so CL's time may well be running out which I find quite sad really.The thought of Dublin managing us repulses me tbh.

fcukcov said:
We could pay for Lee Morris medical bill with the winnings to help the club out.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_bigg :081: :icon_wink

Are we still 5pts of the relegation zone? meaning that the 3rd place team would have to win all 3 games to go above us (with goal difference as well)? Also we have a game in hand on the teams in the relegation zone!

:102:

If Levein is sacked on Boxing Day, it will be absolutely ridiculous. He is slowly building this side up, and it does take time. We cannot assume that because 5 years ago we were a force, that we can waltz our way straight back into the big time, because we can't. Levein has had to almost start from scratch, he has signed a lot of good, young players who have shown real improvement since joining (Gerrbrand, McCarthy etc) and these players will only get better. Under Micky, we were higher in the league, but we had a squad of ageing has-beens, with whom we would have had no chance in hell of getting promoted. We as fans need to unite together, and get behind Levein and the boys, because with our support and posivitity, we can achieve bigger and better things...starting with 3 points against Millwall on Boxing Day.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
If Levein is sacked on Boxing Day, it will be absolutely ridiculous. He is slowly building this side up, and it does take time. We cannot assume that because 5 years ago we were a force, that we can waltz our way straight back into the big time, because we can't. Levein has had to almost start from scratch, he has signed a lot of good, young players who have shown real improvement since joining (Gerrbrand, McCarthy etc) and these players will only get better. Under Micky, we were higher in the league, but we had a squad of ageing has-beens, with whom we would have had no chance in hell of getting promoted. We as fans need to unite together, and get behind Levein and the boys, because with our support and posivitity, we can achieve bigger and better things...starting with 3 points against Millwall on Boxing Day.

Agreed but what some are pointing out,and it seems that included in that 'some' are people high up at the Club,is that a Manager can only be judged on his Results and position in the League at the end of the day.Not my view but definately that of others.

Steven said:
Chandler has returned may be back on this board sooner than we might think. :icon_eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :icon_roll :icon_razz :icon_razz ;)

I think that in another 'Post' soon after he nominated Steve Walsh as the man for the job clearly indicates that he is indeed as mad as a March Hare.

highland fox said:
I think that in another 'Post' soon after he nominated Steve Walsh as the man for the job clearly indicates that he is indeed as mad as a March Hare.

His talking balls career was rather short( 150 odd posts). But whether you agreed or disagreed with him he was good entertaiment value.

DurhamFox said:
Cant get a lot worse HF

Forest, Derby, Sunderland, Wolves, Sheff W, Manchester City, Bolton are all clubs of similar size to ourselves, and have all played in the 3rd tier of English football in the not too distant past. I know you would like a regime change duzzer, but at this stage of the season it could be a disaster. There is no guarantee that a new manager would have us flying up the table, Forest tried it last year and still got relegated. IMO the football is better than it was, and i might regret this but imo we are still too good to go down.

highland fox said:
I was under the impression you wanted him out DF ? I'm not taking the Piss or shit stirring I did seriously think you wanted him sacked.I respect what you are saying but it's a long way of a Relegation battle at the moment IMO.However I do believe what BH says he was first with the Hammond story so CL's time may well be running out which I find quite sad really.The thought of Dublin managing us repulses me tbh.

I agree, very sad. Personally I would be disgusted if Levein was sacked on Boxing Day after the club agreed to and have gone along with his long-term policy (buying in the players, giving them long-term contracts, all the stuff TD has said about building for the future). If we lose five games on the trot and/or slip closer to that relegation zone then I could understand it but at the moment I don't think things are that desperate (others may disagree... and clearly do!). I don't think it's beyond them as clubs have done worse things, I just think it's sad, and stupid.

And as for Dublin taking over... :097:

I really am concerned the direction the club is going in if the directors are taking the stance indicated by Bob Hazell, giving the manager a one match ultimatum IMO is a disgrace, the pressure they have put on him and the players is totally unfair. Either Levein is the right man for the job or not it should not depend on one result, but on his general performance throughout his reign and whether there is a true belief that he is the right manager to take the club forward.

What will the directors learn from the Millwall game, if we win and keep him and then lose the next two is he then back on death row, IMO a managers future should never hinge on one game and this stance proves the board want him out, otherwise they would be backing him to the hilt, how the hell is the club to progress if the manager is one game away from the chop, results are poor and we are underachieving but IMO Levein should be allowed to strengthen the weaknesses in the squad in the transfer window and then lets see where that takes us, we do need to see an improvement in results but that certainly shouldnt mean a shit or bust clash vs Millwall.

As for Dublin as manager should Levein get the bullet, I would be very surprised to see the board take such a big risk, IMO they will appoint somebody with experience of management but with the provisio that Dublin be part of the backroom team, ie. player / coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00