Beware !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
This season is quickly becoming a disaster (in terms of results) as it is!!!!

Forest were saying the same thing Brauny - 'too good to go down'!!!!!!!!!

Yep i can't argue with you on that one Durham, even i am a little disappointed with the results. As for going down its just my opinion that we won't. I've seen enough in recent games to suggest that we are more likely to go up the table than down. If we were playing like we did in last seasons home games against Brighton and Watford, and some earlier games this season then it would be time to panic. I honestly think we are moving in the right direction and next season will be different again

Last edited:
I think a lot of questions need to be answered tbh. This squad is packed full of promise but we aren't seeing the results.

highland fox said:
Agreed but what some are pointing out,and it seems that included in that 'some' are people high up at the Club,is that a Manager can only be judged on his Results and position in the League at the end of the day.Not my view but definately that of others.

if it was based on classy performances, MA would have been sacked in his promotion season.

DurhamFox said:
I dont want it to happen. It just seems as we move further and further in to the Levien era that results are getting worse and worse. I can see all the good work he is doing but can we afford to risk the status of the club???

I think this is becoming really funny!

"I can see all the good work he is doing" .....you are having a good larf DF!

As you have noticed this work sees us in 19th place in a crap league. As has been pointed out, we are doing brilliantly... except for the results!

This is not aimed at you DF because I think you have similar reservations to myself about Craigy boy. In all honestly, his regime to-date has been much more than disappointing. The very fact that we need to conject these days on our chances against the likes of Crewe and Millwall is comic...and also very very sad.

Before anyone reminds me that we don't have any divine right to anything, don't bother I already understand that. But I also understand that this club is under-achieving big time and that like Micky before him, Craig is not getting anything like the results that reflect the players at his disposal.

If we had had a top notch tactician at the helm in season 2003/4, we would have survived. We scored enough goals but threw away game after game, point after point. Similarly, I think that Craig doesn't have what it takes to make it happen in English football at this level.

We should be wiping the floor with rock bottom, chaotic Millwall on Boxing Day and I expect a comfortable home win, but Craig Levein has a mountain to climb between now and the end of the season to justify a further crack at the job in 2005/6.

Redditch Fox said:

As you have noticed this work sees us in 19th place in a crap league. As has been pointed out, we are doing brilliantly... except for the results!

This is not aimed at you DF because I think you have similar reservations to myself about Craigy boy. In all honestly, his regime to-date has been much more than disappointing. The very fact that we need to conject these days on our chances against the likes of Crewe and Millwall is comic...and also very very sad.

Before anyone reminds me that we don't have any divine right to anything, don't bother I already understand that. But I also understand that this club is under-achieving big time and that like Micky before him, Craig is not getting anything like the results that reflect the players at his disposal.

If we had had a top notch tactician at the helm in season 2003/4, we would have survived. We scored enough goals but threw away game after game, point after point. Similarly, I think that Craig doesn't have what it takes to make it happen in English football at this level.

We should be wiping the floor with rock bottom, chaotic Millwall on Boxing Day and I expect a comfortable home win, but Craig Levein has a mountain to climb between now and the end of the season to justify a further crack at the job in 2005/6.

No I'm not.

So you can't see any good work in the players he has brought in? Rather than the aged Pro's on a last payday. You can't see any improvement in performance?

The improvements are there for all to see. The results are not.

Last edited:
Redditch Fox said:

I think the problem could lie in Craig's ability to adapt to English football, and his misguided judgement that the standard of the scottish prem was superior to the championship.

Levein was manager of Hearts, who had finished in the top 3, interestingly both Jim Jefferies and Bobby Williamson who had relative success managing in the scottish top flight both endured nightmare spells in charge of English teams, Williamson sacked at Plymouth earlier in the season, a club with lower expectations than ourselves. Maybe Levein is out of his depth, in Scotland he had to outwit another 10 or so managers a season, down here there is another 23 managers to outwit, recent history shows many managers coming from outside the old firm to manage in England have struggled.

IMO Levein is not used to managing a club with high expectations, he had to guide Hearts to the top 4 or 5 and that was satifactory and bearing in mind te stature of some of the clubs was not too testing, down here he is playing in a division where every team is capable of beating each other and is very competitive and tight and I believe this is a massive culture shock to Levein and why like Jefferies and Williamson he is finding the going very tough.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
IMO Levein is not used to managing a club with high expectations, he had to guide Hearts to the top 4 or 5 and that was satifactory

thats mid-table in scotland :)

Alex Fergerson did okay when he moved down.

Feriol said:
thats mid-table in scotland :)

Alex Fergerson did okay when he moved down.

Exactly the expectations at Hearts was to finish as high as possible amongst the also rans.

As for Alex Ferguson the man is a one off, and he managed to win major trophies both domestically and on the european stage with a side outside the old firm, an amazing achievement.

Levein is certainly no Ferguson, and based on his current record he appears to be following the path taken by both Williamson and Jefferies.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I think the problem could lie in Craig's ability to adapt to English football, and his misguided judgement that the standard of the scottish prem was superior to the championship.

Levein was manager of Hearts, who had finished in the top 3, interestingly both Jim Jefferies and Bobby Williamson who had relative success managing in the scottish top flight both endured nightmare spells in charge of English teams, Williamson sacked at Plymouth earlier in the season, a club with lower expectations than ourselves. Maybe Levein is out of his depth, in Scotland he had to outwit another 10 or so managers a season, down here there is another 23 managers to outwit, recent history shows many managers coming from outside the old firm to manage in England have struggled.

IMO Levein is not used to managing a club with high expectations, he had to guide Hearts to the top 4 or 5 and that was satifactory and bearing in mind te stature of some of the clubs was not too testing, down here he is playing in a division where every team is capable of beating each other and is very competitive and tight and I believe this is a massive culture shock to Levein and why like Jefferies and Williamson he is finding the going very tough.

I agree. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

BOB HAZELL said:
Lose on Boxing Day, DF and unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which side of the fence you're on) you're probably right.

How close are we to this? :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_eek:

Brauny Blue said:
Forest, Derby, Sunderland, Wolves, Sheff W, Manchester City, Bolton are all clubs of similar size to ourselves, and have all played in the 3rd tier of English football in the not too distant past. I know you would like a regime change duzzer, but at this stage of the season it could be a disaster. There is no guarantee that a new manager would have us flying up the table, Forest tried it last year and still got relegated. IMO the football is better than it was, and i might regret this but imo we are still too good to go down.

When did they bring in megson?

I have stated if we bring in a manager too later it will do no good and we will still go down, if we sack levein it has to be during jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669