Bid for Fryatt - or is it bull ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lboro fox

Wolves have had a £900,000 bid for striker Matt Fryatt turned down by Leicester. (Daily Star)

Probably bull, i'd b it two minds on this one though im sure many of you on here would be delighted!! He is a player with ots of potential still, fingers crossed MA can get the best out of him, though tbh i doubt Wolves would bid that much.

I think they maybe some truth in it.

Wolves have failed in attempts for Eastwood and Sharap

I think Real Sharapova is too old for Wolves ... but may fit in down here :icon_wink

This could be an interesting barometer of whether we are still considered a "selling" club. I think Fryatt has a lot of potential and I think MM and MA do aswell. Seeing as we are not desperate for the money it will be interesting to see how strong they are in their convictions.

£900,000!!!

I'd sell him quick and buy another 3 Matty Fryatts with the money. Then I'd sell them for £900,000 each and I'd already have around £2,000,000 profit alone.

I'd then buy another 6 Matty Fryatts and sell them for £900,000 each and I'm laughing.

If we are signing Job and Todorov, then it's a very good bit of business

Does anyone know what the sell on clause was with Walsall ?? 25% ?? Maybe this is why they want more ?

If Fryatt could have one decent season in this division - he'd be worth £5 million in the days of over inflated prices for English strikers.
Indeed, and I still think hell come good, so the decision not to sell him is right. But for his current form it's a good offer.

If Fryatt could have one decent season in this division - he'd be worth £5 million in the days of over inflated prices for English strikers.

And if my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle - but it ain't gonna happen

I would be horrified if we sold Fryatt. Ok last season was disappointing for him but i would put that down to a combination of niggling injuries, lack of fitness due to no reserve team fixtures and bad management.

I can never understand the negativity on here towards Fryatt. In terms of potential , for me, he is much more promising than Hume. The lad is 20 and already made his mark in professional football. With an injury free run in the side and better management he could quite easily go on to play in the premiership imo.

I would still look to bring in Job and possibly Todorov. That would give us 5 'established' strikers although 3 of them have poor injury records so there is a good chance we will only ever have 3 or 4 of them match fit at any one time.

Don't sell.

Last edited:
I would still look to bring in Job and possibly Todorov. That would give us 5 'established' strikers although 3 of them have poor injury records so there is a good chance we will only ever have 3 or 4 of them match fit at any one time.

Don't sell.

6 - Mark De Vries is still here, and Allen might just like the look of him

Last edited:
I would be horrified if we sold Fryatt. Ok last season was disappointing for him but i would put that down to a combination of niggling injuries, lack of fitness due to no reserve team fixtures and bad management.

I can never understand the negativity on here towards Fryatt. In terms of potenial , for me, he is much more promising than Hume. The lad is 20 and already made his mark in professional football. With an injury free run in the side and better management he could quite easily go on to play in the premiership imo.
Agree with that part, but I'm just bored of waiting for all our players with "potential" to actually do it for real. I want to see a few players in the team who have fulfilled their potential.

I think we may be trying to drum up interest in Fryatt ourselves in an attempt to get rid.

We're being linked with a host of forwards. As our squad stands we need one more. Anymore than that and two forwards on good money won't even be in a normal 16 man squad and I can't see us doing that. However, it appears as though we may well recruit more than one more.

It's pretty obvious that Job, Todorov, Saganowski and McLeod have been the subject of enquiries/offers. As a minimum, the Saggy/Job thing were going on at the same time so both were wanted.

With Hume getting a new contract, he's staying. Add in the new recruits (Cort & Sappleton). Then we've got Chambers and Odihambo that must be on the fringes of the first team squad this season. If you add Fryatt AND two more that's simply daft.

That leaves Fryatt as the odd man out.

Keep Matty Fryatt, and work on his fitness, it's his only downfall. His finishing is the best in the squad by far!
Buy Job, Mcleod and Todorov, it's not like there's not room on the minimal wage bill.
get rid of all the dead wood. MDV, Hammond, Hughes etc etc.
Play Hume, attacking Midfielder, either from the centre or the right.
That will only leave us with Job, Cort, Fryatt, Mcleod and Todorov to choose from. Which is the requisite amount of strikers for a play off chasing team.

The midfield is what needs attention, whether we have 4 or 5 strikers competing for a place will be irrelevant if we start with a midfield of Kishishev and Wesolowski with no decent wingers.

I've got a good feeling about today.

Think with the lack of interest in strenghening the midfield, I would think the Matty might be surplus as the the ball will be going over the the middle of the park to the big men up front. Don't think that actually will suit his style of play. Seen this mentioned somewhere about a month ago. Hope he doesn't go because I rate him when he's fully fit but I would like to see a class midfielder brought in to create opportunities for him and Hume who will be the attacking midfielder. The big lads can handle the crosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669