Bid for Fryatt - or is it bull ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
£900,000!!!

I'd sell him quick and buy another 3 Matty Fryatts with the money. Then I'd sell them for £900,000 each and I'd already have around £2,000,000 profit alone.

I'd then buy another 6 Matty Fryatts and sell them for £900,000 each and I'm laughing.

As with race horses, cloning is not regarded as a legitimate way of breeding footballers!

I would be horrified if we sold Fryatt. Ok last season was disappointing for him but i would put that down to a combination of niggling injuries, lack of fitness due to no reserve team fixtures and bad management.

Don't sell.

Probably the paper has inflated the offer - but it looks like the Wolves want him.

My bet is that he will have gone before the season starts.

Keep Matty Fryatt, and work on his fitness, it's his only downfall. His finishing is the best in the squad by far!
Buy Job, Mcleod and Todorov, it's not like there's not room on the minimal wage bill.
get rid of all the dead wood. MDV, Hammond, Hughes etc etc.
Play Hume, attacking Midfielder, either from the centre or the right.
That will only leave us with Job, Cort, Fryatt, Mcleod and Todorov to choose from. Which is the requisite amount of strikers for a play off chasing team.

The midfield is what needs attention, whether we have 4 or 5 strikers competing for a place will be irrelevant if we start with a midfield of Kishishev and Wesolowski with no decent wingers.

I've got a good feeling about today.

That and the fact he is slow off the mark and has no pace?

Probably the paper has inflated the offer - but it looks like the Wolves want him.

My bet is that he will have gone before the season starts.

I think you could be right. Maybe when I said I would be 'horrified' if he left that was a bit strong. Maybe 'disappointed' would be a better word.

Yes lets sell our best prospect, great logic.

Apparently West Brom and Charlton are also interested.

Let me see now: how does this work?........we put it about that an offer has been made for Fryatt....other clubs also start to show interest......Fryatt goes for cash to add to the cash for Paddy Mc....and we bring in some more frees.

I am of course hopelessly cynical....and realise that it's not really like that.There is no way that we would possibly just sell off players who can command a fee and then think we can re-build the club with freebies. Sorry for having such bad thoughts.

Let me see now: how does this work?........we put it about that an offer has been made for Fryatt....other clubs also start to show interest......Fryatt goes for cash to add to the cash for Paddy Mc....and we bring in some more frees.

I am of course hopelessly cynical....and realise that it's not really like that.There is no way that we would possibly just sell off players who can command a fee and then think we can re-build the club with freebies. Sorry for having such bad thoughts.

I was having the same nightmare - then realised I wasn't asleep.

Well if we do indeed bring in another 7 players, as hinted by RN Fox, then that will be 15 new lots of wages to pay for in total - and if a couple are actually 'big names' then I suspect we will be paying some of them a feckin' fortune

So I doubt that Milan is looking to turn a profit from this summer's activity - most of the money received so far probably wouldn't even pay Hendrie's wages

Last edited:
He is turning a profit at the moment.

fess for players: nought

net players in out: -2 (working to the assumption that all transfer listed players will find new clubs as instructed.

income for players: £650,000

blue yellow and white flowers, 2 computers, a new lawnmower and a whiteboard: £25,000

new kit: £20

Lifestyle Coach/Scientologist: £100k

that's not bad business, unless of course you are being tasked to build a really good football team....

Well if we do indeed bring in another 7 players, as hinted by RN Fox, then that will be 15 new lots of wages to pay for in total - and if a couple are actually 'big names' then I suspect we will be paying some of them a feckin' fortune

So I doubt that Milan is looking to turn a profit from this summer's activity

Absolutely.

And the fact that a player is "free" (contract come to an end) or commands a fee (still under contract) says nothing in itself about his quality.

And the fact or rumour that a club has made an offer for a player does not mean necessarily that his current club wants to let him go. Though everyone has his price.

And going back to the original question, I think you'll find that Bull retired some years back

So I doubt that Milan is looking to turn a profit from this summer's activity - most of the money received so far probably wouldn't even pay Hendrie's wages

Yes - I guess it's a logical way forward....as we have discussed before, it's going to be difficult to make balancing savings by moving on all the deadwood so an obvious option is to move out sellable players where there appears to be an option. Does rely a bit tho' on a Lourdes type miracle in respect of Carl Cort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669