Big Screen On Its Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point being, progress is progress.

"We don't need these wheelie car thingies...we've got horses, they work fine."

Fact, my subjective opinion about the 'experience' for spectators could very well be completely wrong.

I agree. They're just a pointless ****ing waste of money that would add precisely ****all to the "experience"

I agree. They're just a pointless ****ing waste of money that would add precisely ****all to the "experience"

:icon_lol:

Fair enough. I think those in opposition are being a little regressive. There, how about that?...I used "I think" and everything.

I can say that having attended hundreds of games that employ the big screens...my experience is that many fans enjoy them.

Last edited:
True, curmudgeons may not appreciate them.

Being insulting does nothing to aid your argument. People may have views which differ from your own. Is that so difficult to accept?

And no, I have no issues with differing views but also value a rigorous debate.

And yes, I understand that name-calling doesn't advance an argument. It was more an ill-advised attempt at camaraderie. Clearly I overestimated our familiarity. I will be more careful moving forward.

Also shouldn't have stated "Fact" when I meant "Opinion"

Also, tits.

Last edited:
And no, I have no issues with differing views but also value a rigorous debate.

And yes, I understand that name-calling doesn't advance an argument. It was more an ill-advised attempt at camaraderie. Clearly I overestimated our familiarity. I will be more careful moving forward.

Also shouldn't have stated "Fact" when I meant "Opinion"

Also, tits.

Yes, OK. I understand what you're saying.

For my part, I was just feeling "Miles Away is miles away and unlikely to be affected by these screens - yet he is trying to belittle the opinions of those who will be there and who will be affected".

If I wanted to watch football on a screen, I would stay at home and watch it on a screen. I want to watch the match and I don't like screens distracting me any more than I like commotions in the crowd taking my attention away from the action on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669