Big Screen On Its Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did alright without cars 100 years ago too.....

You cant compare the 2?!?! Cars are quite crucial to peoples everyday lifes you cant honestly say that about having big screens put up inside sporting arenas????

It may add to the 'experience' for some but will not improve the atmosphere in the ground as more and more will just spend their time staring at the big screen.

The club are only doing this to sell more advertising etc which if flows through to transfer funds is fine - but the club trying to sell this is as a benefit to matchday experience is pretty transparent

I wonder why they chose the corners and not behind the goals? St Marys, which is basically the same stadium as ours has it behind the goals. Though if these are temporary till the end of the season, maybe it will be done then, ripping out the old scoreboard

I wonder why they chose the corners and not behind the goals? St Marys, which is basically the same stadium as ours has it behind the goals. Though if these are temporary till the end of the season, maybe it will be done then, ripping out the old scoreboard

Its difficult to see what is on the scoreboards as the sunlight shines right on the North Stand. I suppose there may be less sunlight hitting the corners where they are positioning the screens?

Its difficult to see what is on the scoreboards as the sunlight shines right on the North Stand. I suppose there may be less sunlight hitting the corners where they are positioning the screens?

They will be in the same position next season, the temporary situation is because the permenant solution would involve equipment being on the pitch when installing, so has to wait until the summer when the pitch is dug up again.

The positioning is based on ensuring every fan has good site of one screen, so factors like sun glare were considered. The temporary fixing means a few fans behind each screen will have an obstructed view of the screen opposite, but fans will be informed of this if they look to buy the seats concerned. The permanent fixing will not have this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
They will be in the same position next season, the temporary situation is because the permenant solution would involve equipment being on the pitch when installing, so has to wait until the summer when the pitch is dug up again.

The positioning is based on ensuring every fan has good site of one screen, so factors like sun glare were considered. The temporary fixing means a few fans behind each screen will have an obstructed view of the screen opposite, but fans will be informed of this if they look to buy the seats concerned. The permanent fixing will not have this issue.
How many mem... Oh, forget it.

You cant compare the 2?!?! Cars are quite crucial to peoples everyday lifes you cant honestly say that about having big screens put up inside sporting arenas????

Point being, progress is progress.

"We don't need these wheelie car thingies...we've got horses, they work fine."

Fact, big screen TV improves the experience for spectators.

Fact, big screen TV improves the experience for spectators.

Not all spectators believe that to be true. I find them distracting and of no benefit to me.

I hope we don't hear a chorus of "Oooooooo!" the first time a replay is played on the new screens. We did it at Filbo once with those rotating advertising boards, possibly when Atletico Madrid came to town. It made us look like the sort of inbreds that still point at planes (eg: twats from Derby).

I hope we don't hear a chorus of "Oooooooo!" the first time a replay is played on the new screens. We did it at Filbo once with those rotating advertising boards, possibly when Atletico Madrid came to town. It made us look like the sort of inbreds that still point at planes (eg: twats from Derby).

Rotating advertising boards?

Very 90s! The world has moved on. The modern ones are electronic, flashy and even more of a pain in the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669