Bigots...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, but not "Super Rich" though and i don't believe in taxing them more. A fair tax system for all would be the same level of tax.

If that means I pay the same amount as you (zero, apparently) then bring it on.:icon_bigg

I pay corporation tax on my businesses profits all be it at a lower rate, its a good loophole, but if they decided to up the rate to equal the income tax level then so be it. I don't believe in taxing people more just because they are successful.

However when Thatcher left office, Britain was sliding into recession. The union problem was a miner issue.

:icon_cool

I only live a few miles away from the old Rover Longbridge factory, a company that was destroyed by a militant union. They were a terrible problem in many areas of industry and undoubtedly hindered the growth of the British economy substantially.

The United States, have some of the toughest immigration policies in the western world. They have a giant fence in California with 24 hour border patrols, willing to shoot attempted illegal immigrants for trying to enter their country.

I lived in New York for 13 years. The point i was making was that for the most part people of different nations get on fine. My closest mates there were from, Mexican, Colombian, Irish and German decent. When there is plenty of work in this country, nobody bats an eyelid when Immigrants are here working the fields, and basically doing the shit jobs us 'Brits' refuse to do. When work is tight some choose to look over their shoulders and assume just because you have a foreign language, they are nicking our jobs. That's why i said you seemed insecure in your views.

I don't understand your point here. You ask a question about if immigration is a problem, then go on to say its only a problem when there's a lack of jobs. I don't know what your party sees on the horizon, but I think it may very well be rising unemployment.

Why do you quote New York? Have you been to London? One of the most culturally diverse cities in the world?

The social unrest comes in areas like Bradford/Oldham & Birmingham, where people see ghettos that have formed over the past 50 years. Nothing that any party proposes would do anything to resolve this problem.

I went to a college that drew people from all over Birmingham, it was about 1/3 Asian 1/3 Black 1/3 White. There was almost no social interaction between the different ethnic groups, each with their own areas etc. This lack of integration is where tensions can arise from.

And what about Australia? Again built on immigration, but again very strict on immigration.

These countries realise what a problem immigration can be. You and your party don't seem to grasp it.

The Labour party has adopted the Australian system. Yours has said put a cap, but haven't said what the number will be :102:

Please don't refer to any party as 'yours'. To my knowledge I haven't said I'll be voting for any particular party.

Why do I need to go anywhere else in the world to understand immigration in my own country? I have been to many different countries, but whilst I was there the topic of immigration wasn't on my agenda. God only knows what kind of holidays you have

I have great holidays, some in very different parts of the world, with different traditions and ways of life. I am very lucky that i have always been treated well by the locals.

Its just a pity that some in this country still choose to take a finger pointing attitude at people who come here. Like i said the world has moved on

Thing is Biff, and you don't seem to quite get understand it, people have legitimate concerns about immigration, and they are allowed to have such issues without being accused of 'finger pointing'.

And although you've been treated well on your holidays, have you considered this might be because your a tourist, and places rely on tourism for their income.

I went to a college that drew people from all over Birmingham, it was about 1/3 Asian 1/3 Black 1/3 White. There was almost no social interaction between the different ethnic groups, each with their own areas etc. This lack of integration is where tensions can arise from.

Agreed. And this is where the Islington set have got it so awfully wrong. Integration is the answer, NOT multi-culturalism.

Bigot - "a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own",

I think GB needs to look up the word, she didn't come across as intolerant, more frustrated. Frustrated with what is happening to this great country of ours.

As for not knowing his radio mic was still on, just highlights more of the man's incompetence. (Especially after the no coach show in Madrid.)

Bye bye Gordon, not nice knowing you (shouldn't have got the role in the first place)

The definition is a good one. My experience of bigots is that they exist on both the left and right and the test is that anyone who disagrees with them is a fool or a scoundrel.

The brilliant historian David Starkey has a nice phrase "We must not turn our opinions into gods."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669