Bigots...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you actually been anywhere in the world. Have you been to America, a country that is born out of immigration.

You are living in the past, the world has moved on.

You seem to be making a very insecure take on this subject.

Biff, your ignorance astounds me.

The United States, have some of the toughest immigration policies in the western world. They have a giant fence in California with 24 hour border patrols, willing to shoot attempted illegal immigrants for trying to enter their country.

And what about Australia? Again built on immigration, but again very strict on immigration.

These countries realise what a problem immigration can be. You and your party don't seem to grasp it.

Why do I need to go anywhere else in the world to understand immigration in my own country? I have been to many different countries, but whilst I was there the topic of immigration wasn't on my agenda. God only knows what kind of holidays you have :102:

Biff, your ignorance astounds me.

The United States, have some of the toughest immigration policies in the western world. They have a giant fence in California with 24 hour border patrols, willing to shoot attempted illegal immigrants for trying to enter their country.

And what about Australia? Again built on immigration, but again very strict on immigration.

These countries realise what a problem immigration can be. You and your party don't seem to grasp it.

Why do I need to go anywhere else in the world to understand immigration in my own country? I have been to many different countries, but whilst I was there the topic of immigration wasn't on my agenda. God only knows what kind of holidays you have :102:

Did you watch the debate last night? All three parties acknowledge that there's a need to tackle immigration yet none provide even the slightest hint of how to deal with it. Well, 'that other bloke' suggested ways illegal immigrants could even bring a mate along. I suspect Biff's comment was more in relation to how USA was founded on immigration? Perhaps? I know where my vote is going but that's purely down to voting for the same party I have always voted for, I'm actually astounded that during the build up to an election very few concrete claims to improve the country (even if they were lies) have been made by anyone. Perhaps thats the reason why most folk I know are voting as they did last time, or can't be arsed at all. Daft ****s like Mrs Duffy are perhaps the only ones that are being swayed

I think these debates have been good because it has allowed for people to judge each party and discover a little bit about what each one has planned. However, the problem with all three of them is that even if they say one thing, they will probably do something completely different once they get into power. This is why they try and stay as vague as possible because then things cant get thrown back in their face once they go back on something.

Have you actually been anywhere in the world. Have you been to America, a country that is born out of immigration.
I've been to America. The indigenous population aren't that keen on immigration. It resulted in them being slaughtered, turned into alcoholics and then herded into reservations. Not the best example really. Worked out well for the immigrants though.

Last edited:
I think these debates have been good because it has allowed for people to judge each party and discover a little bit about what each one has planned. However, the problem with all three of them is that even if they say one thing, they will probably do something completely different once they get into power. This is why they try and stay as vague as possible because then things cant get thrown back in their face once they go back on something.

Brown doesn't want to say too much, maybe for certain reasons we don't know about, and the other two cannot will not say too much in case they get in and things are a lot worse than they had imagined and have to adjust things accordingly.

Did you watch the debate last night? All three parties acknowledge that there's a need to tackle immigration yet none provide even the slightest hint of how to deal with it. Well, 'that other bloke' suggested ways illegal immigrants could even bring a mate along. I suspect Biff's comment was more in relation to how USA was founded on immigration? Perhaps? I know where my vote is going but that's purely down to voting for the same party I have always voted for, I'm actually astounded that during the build up to an election very few concrete claims to improve the country (even if they were lies) have been made by anyone. Perhaps thats the reason why most folk I know are voting as they did last time, or can't be arsed at all. Daft ****s like Mrs Duffy are perhaps the only ones that are being swayed

At least Clegg is realistic about immigration. We can't stop them coming in, especially from EU countries, so if they come in get the on the tax role and make them pay their way. The other two seem to live in a fantasy world.

Firstly, Blairism was effectively Thatcherism under Labour.

Second, when Thatcher came to power the country was economically screwed. When she left, the country was far stronger and the groundwork had been laid for the economic boom of the mid 90's to 2008.

If any of the current candidates does the same, he'll have done a fantastic job.

I bet you're/have been a politics student

Well at least the bonkers biddy has come out of this all right - she's sold her story to the News of The Screws and the Mail on Sunday. As they are not exactly labour supporting rags, expect tales of how Brown tried to sexually molest her cat whilst taking tea with her.

I love immigrants. They do more work than natives. I have a Peruvian flute band chained up in my basement for my own personal amusement. Think there's not enough room for immigrants? Well **** off then, so I can have more Peruvians to myself.

Bankers aside anyone that makes money and is successful seems to be envied. People should aspire not be envious of someone's success.

The lib dems love demonising the "super wealthy" as tax dodging evildoers.

I love immigrants. They do more work than natives. I have a Peruvian flute band chained up in my basement for my own personal amusement. Think there's not enough room for immigrants? Well **** off then, so I can have more Peruvians to myself.

I wondered where the guys from the Clock Tower had gone.

I'll bet he's not/wasn't.

If he were, he'd know it was Major, not Thatcher, who laid the foundations for the late 90s / noughties. She was responsible for the boom and subsequent bust which resulted from the first housing crash (as those of us who suffered negative equity will remember), and culminated in Black Wednesday in 1992, two years into Major's tenure.

The following 5 years were where the belt tightening ground work was done.

Last edited:
DanTheFoxBhoy said:
I wish you were my wife.

I suspect Biff's comment was more in relation to how USA was founded on immigration? Perhaps?

Probably was, which gives it even less credibility as he accused me of living in the past, only to then sight emigration to America which took place in the 1700's. Bizarre.

Correct. A level Politics. Very interesting and would have probably carried on to degree level if I had been taught by a better teacher.

I'll bet he's not/wasn't.

If he were, he'd know it was Major, not Thatcher, who laid the foundations for the late 90s / noughties.

Well the major economic obstacle pre-Thatcher was the militant unions. The economy would have never progressed had they not been tackled.

Last edited:
The lib dems love demonising the "super wealthy" as tax dodging evildoers.
They might have a point.

I've only ever known two super wealthy Brits personally (genuinely worth hundreds of millions, proper wealthy, top 100 list) so it's maybe not a fair reflection of all the super wealthy. But both of them pay so little tax it makes me sick!

They both employ people specifically to use every loophole in the system (plus some that aren't legal) in order to pay as little tax as possible. And they go out of their ways to claim whatever they can back. It has become a game for both of them. They're both really into it and have both been doing it for decades.

Of course they both live in and run their various companies and shell companies through the Channel Islands, the UK's own banana republic tax haven. Their businesses are all over Britain, Leicester included.

I can guarantee that some of you have paid your hard earned money to shop at stores or use businesses that these guys own. Where did that money go? Did you get any benefit from it in Leicester? Beyond keeping a few minimum wage jobs going, no, nothing.

So where is that money now? It's in an off shore account, propping up some unbelievably lavish lifestyles. I've seen it with my own eyes. I have to admit I've been the beneficiary of it as well - I spent a week on Necker Island, for example.

I've seen both sides of the story and from where I'm standing, as a working class boy from Leicester... it ****ing stinks :mad:

Just like power, wealth is a potent corrupting influence. They're both perfectly nice people (obviously of a certain dominant character to have gotten where they have). But they're both obsessed with "beating the system" and are both without doubt "tax dodgers". Evil? Depends on your opinion of the super wealthy paying virtually no tax, I suppose...

Until they do something to close all of the loopholes Dessie this will continue to happen... I think we would all do the same in their position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669