Bill Anderson Retires Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before knocking Bill Anderson lets actually see what his replacement is like. I would like to see Bill Anderson write a book telling all the things he has been quiet about e.g.the Pierpoint/Elsom clash, Dennis Wise & calum Davidson, Colleymore and Taylor, La Manga and the sacking of Martin Allen. One of the problems all local football journalists face is that if they tell the embarrassing stories they lose access to the club. Now he is retured he is free to tell all.

According to his report in the Mockery tonight, he claims that he wasnt in bed with the club and actually fell out at some point with every manager except Pearson.

Before knocking Bill Anderson lets actually see what his replacement is like.
Good point. I remember the time Nev Foulger was practically forced out of RL for his admittedly insipid commentaries, only to be replaced by that hapless feckwit of a Derby fan, Jon Barber.

Who cares who replaces Anderson?

The Mockery's match reports don't appear until at least the following day, usually two days later for Saturday matches, and by then everyone's already read reports, read opinions from sites like this, seen the highlights etc.

There's rarely any 'new' news in the Mockery, they're just reporting on what's already been said elsewhere, or reporting on the club's press conferences etc.

Long gone are the days when you had to read the paper to find out what was going on.

Who cares who replaces Anderson?
Not having the benefit of seeing the games first hand anymore, I sort of care about it.

I don't need the Mercury to give me the latest news in the digital era, but as much as I respect some of the views I read on here, I'd also like to put everything into perspective by being able to read an informed, professional sports journalist's opinion as well. Not that the Mercury has had one of those before, but you never know... I live in hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669