Billy Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bren

Just read the Sun - and that fantastically reliable paper says that Billy Davies has emerged as one of the favouties to take over as he is not happy with certain things at Derby. Dont know if this has already been mentioned?

Just read the Sun - and that fantastically reliable paper says that Billy Davies has emerged as one of the favouties to take over as he is not happy with certain things at Derby. Dont know if this has already been mentioned?

This rumour does seem to be doing the rounds. Lets hope the sheep get stuffed at the weekend and events start to unfold quickly.

It's in the Mirror as well!! So it must be true! ;)

IMO he would be pretty good. No chance of happening though if they go up

I do remeber reading somewhere (and it could have been speculation on here) that he is unhappy at the shaggers and would leave even if they went up?

I think Billy Davies seems to be the most popular choice, not heard anyone say no to him yet. Would get my vote :)

I do remeber reading somewhere (and it could have been speculation on here) that he is unhappy at the shaggers and would leave even if they went up?

More chance of us getting Sven than him coming here if they get promoted

He would get my vote. Although Derby have had a little money to spend he certainly has put together a team of non-stars that could play well and grind out 1-0 wins in the 85th minute! I think they lost the plot slightly with quite a few changes in the January transfer window but he has stiill done a great job with them.

My worry about him is he seems not to get on with the people that hire him.

There was constent rumours about him while at Preston falling out with the Chairman and now similar rumours at the shaggers.

Mind you seems to do a good job where ever he has been.

My worry about him is he seems not to get on with the people that hire him.

There was constent rumours about him while at Preston falling out with the Chairman and now similar rumours at the shaggers.

Mind you seems to do a good job where ever he has been.
If he fell out with Milan he would have no problems sacking him would he?

Got Preston and Derby to the play off but when it comes down the pressure games he can't handle it! That's why the shaggers will lose to Southampton

Last edited:
Got Preston and Derby to the play off but when it comes down the pressure games he can't handle it! That's why the shaggers will lose to Southampton

dont see how them losing in the play offs is anything to do with him not being able to handle pressure. its the players who fluff the single game.

Actually do think the sheep will lose though.

Last edited:

What about Brian Little - he lost the same amount of Playoff finals - then won at the 3rd attempt. Them losing had nothing to do with BL not being able to handle the pressure did it?

ive got a feeling he is the man MM wants, he would seem to guarantee a decent season more than any others mentioned, and could be the reason MM has to wait a while.
Having blamed the club for delaying the takeover im sure if possible MM would want his man in place asap in order to start preparations

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670