Billy Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be my top choice out of those (mildly realistic ones) that have been put forward to date.

When looking at all these media rumours, look out for journo Paul Smith as being the author of any of them

He's Milan's media mate - may not mean the manager named will get the job, but it's likely to mean it's a Milan approved story

Derby boss Billy Davies has played down speculation linking him with a move to Leicester.

Reports on Thursday suggested Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric had targeted Davies to take charge at the Walkers Stadium.

Davies says he has had no contact with Leicester and is only concentrating on the forthcoming play-off games with Southampton.

"I have heard nothing (about Leicester), not a thing, " Davies told Sky Sports News.

"I have not heard a thing about what is going on.

"I have certainly read plenty of speculation over the last couple of weeks about players and what have you.

"My message to them is the same as it has been - the main focus is on these games and do not let anything outside take us off that track."

He doesnt actually say he doesnt want the job and all that stuff about being focused on the play offs sounds like the kinda thing players and managers often say before moving. Would be a far better appointment than anyone else thats been mentioned IMO.

When looking at all these media rumours, look out for journo Paul Smith as being the author of any of them

He's Milan's media mate - may not mean the manager named will get the job, but it's likely to mean it's a Milan approved story

Which media source does he work for?

He doesnt actually say he doesnt want the job and all that stuff about being focused on the play offs sounds like the kinda thing players and managers often say before moving. Would be a far better appointment than anyone else thats been mentioned IMO.

He couldn't really say anything other than that right now could he?

i fecking hope derby feck it up in the play - offs and there whole season is a big fat fail, and next thing they are just another average team playing for mid table that would be great.

Was interesting that Davies only made reference to the play offs and at no time pledged any long term commitment to Derby you would have expected a statement declaring that he wanted to be with the club for the long haul but nothing at all, neither did he declare himself out of the running for the Leicester job, which is what you would expect from a manager if they were happy and settled at a club.

Last edited:
Wouldn't that be great he leaves derby for us and serby fail to get promoted and next season we go straight up, the stuff dreams are made off

Wouldn't we get a huge fine for tapping up someone like Davies though? He is a great manager on the whole and someone I would like to see here but I think we missed the boat on this one back when we were skint =/

Wouldn't we get a huge fine for tapping up someone like Davies though? He is a great manager on the whole and someone I would like to see here but I think we missed the boat on this one back when we were skint =/

as well as missing out George Burley he would have been a great manager for us

I wouldn't be too worried about Davies falling out with his employers, after speaking to a shaggers fan he reckons the Davies fell out with the Derby board after they said he would be able to bring his backroom staff with him and then refused to pay the compo to Preston for them. Don't know how true this is but seems to make some sense.

Well, with the delay in naming a manager it makes sense that the top candidate still has work to do. Dunno if anyone heard the interview with MM on RL, he said he hopes to have appointed someone by the end of the month. Of course he said similar things with the takeover so pinch of salt is required. He also said that they were looking for new players already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669