Speculation Billy Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Motown and his son could pop round for a quiet word in his ear. Tell him our fans won't wait forever and that there are plenty more fish in the sea......

I will leave that visit to Nigel as he lives in Sheffield. Billy could be quids in as he could get regular lifts to training. Also he wont force him to move to the area as he hasn't done so himself.

By the way he's met Ross already as he had his photo taken with him last month prior to the Donny game.

Last edited:
I will leave that visit to Nigel as he lives in Sheffield. Billy could be quids in as he could get regular lifts to training. Also he wont force him to move yo the area as he hasnt done so himself.

By the way he's met Ross already as he had his photo taken with him last month prior to the Donny game.

I think you'd better get Ross to text him and let him know that he's got until midday tomorrow to sign or he can feck off

I will leave that visit to Nigel as he lives in Sheffield. Billy could be quids in as he could get regular lifts to training. Also he wont force him to move to the area as he hasn't done so himself.

:081: Nigel giving Sharp a lift

:081: :081: :081:

Whatever happens its going to cost Leicester a lot of money. Unfortunately it looks like its time to cut losses - out on loan with a view to permanent transfer.

I don't think we need to get rid of him, play him in a system that suits and he'll score. He spent the first half on Saturday on the left and struggled, when he went more central chances came.

Whatever happens its going to cost Leicester a lot of money. Unfortunately it looks like its time to cut losses - out on loan with a view to permanent transfer.

I don't understand these posts (the few above Redditch too).... As mentioned, Beckford can't play for another team this season. Pretty sure that includes on loan.

So he's here until the summer at least.... and I'm still holding onto some glim hope he'll come good once we've got a better midfield and he can stick to playing down the centre.

Last edited:
I don't understand these posts (the few above Redditch too).... As mentioned, Beckford can't play for another team this season. Pretty sure that includes on loan.

So he's here until the summer at least.... and I'm still holding onto some glim hope he'll come good once we've got a better midfield and he can stick to playing down the centre.

I agree there's no point in loaning him out and not saying he won't come good, but I don't get the stick to playing down the centre comment, he's played down the centre for all but 45 minutes here.

I've seen the picture. Ross looks more up for it than Beckford - no surprise there then :icon_bigg

Whats Nathan Blake doing these days?

Look I gave you Swindon at home in the cup, what more do you want FFS :icon_lol:

To be blunt: you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

I still like your keen-edged approach though.

This is by no way a foregone conclusion, however we are definitely in the box seat and in terms of options we must be the most attractive in terms of opportunity, location, ambition, financial and first team opportunities. Most of the other clubs interested in Sharp would involve some sort of compromise or sacrifice. Fulham and West Ham would mean uprooting his family which he seems reluctant to do, also a long way from being an automatic first choice at either of those clubs, I doubt Hull can match the finances or long term ambition we are offering so all in all I still believe we are the most attractive package to Sharp.

There's no way on earth we are a more attractive option than Fulham. He would be mad to chose us over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00