Post Match Birmingham 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
should have finished them off in the first half. Knockaert was all over them and god knows how wagon missed. can't help but wonder when you see Beckford finishing like he did for Huddersfield yesterday.

Nothing to wonder. It seems JB doesn't want to play for us, so he can do 1 as far as I'm concerned.
I see Ashley Chambers is putting them away for York, shall we get him back.

Don't look back, look forward

Is it me or does the guy at the front in the 1st of the official photos, with the orange jumper under the white shirt, look like he has 3 arms??

View attachment 9854

No. To me it looks he only has his left arm raised with his right arm held down by his side. There must be someone else shorter behind him, also with an orange jumper, with an arm raised.

It still doesn't help me. I can still see 2 arms in the air and one down by his side :icon_redf

Nothing to wonder. It seems JB doesn't want to play for us, so he can do 1 as far as I'm concerned.
I see Ashley Chambers is putting them away for York, shall we get him back.

Don't look back, look forward

Heskey scored a great goal the other day.....

The problem with basing opinions on highlights is that we have no idea if Beckford missed a dozen sitters before finally connecting with that one.

True but going on what the commentators said on Soccer Saturday, both he and Vaughan had a very good game. Hopefully he can prove Nigel wrong whilst he's away and come back and get into the team. I still think he's good enough for us and we'd be stronger with him than without. We are still lacking up front.

I know his attitude is not right.its just frustrating knowing we have a player who has that ability but just doesn't produce.
All sounds a bit 'DJ' to me…

Beckford is a one trick pony like Dyer and is all about pace, we saw time and time again here his all round game and in particular his close control and first touch are abysmal. He suits Grayson's counter attacking tactics of aiming for the target man and then getting Beckford to use his pace to run on to the ball and take advantage of long ball counter-attacks. Just because he works well under Grayson doesn't mean he'll work well elsewhere.

Besides, we're top, who cares how a player who was poor for us is getting on?

Last edited:
Brum were very cynical and with another ref wouldn't have had eleven on the pitch at half time. We were very good first half, not so good second, although we did keep going. NP has got the team/squad in a very positive mood I think, which in a not particularly brilliant league might well make the difference.

Well I went to the game.

The first half was outstanding. Truly dominated. Build up play was second to none with Konch & Dyer creating countless opportunities. Drinkwater was everywhere, the engine of our team.

Our only problem? Putting away our chances. Unfortunately Nugent went missing (as he occasionally does) which only left Waghorn. I tried to be positive about him before kick off and he did put in a good shift but that miss from 6 yards defeats any argument I could offer.

Brum scored after Waggers did brilliantly to run the width of the pitch to keep a lost ball in but then Dyer immediately lost the ball leading to a counter attack. After the half it felt so flat, I was deflated after seeing such a dominated half end like it did. However we came back into the game towards the end and it was an incredible amount of luck for the deflected goal as Marshall's shot was quite weak and Butland was having the game of his life.

Brums right back was truly one of the worst players I have seen at this level, I know he was a youngster but he was like a deer in the headlights. He took Dyer out in the box and got away with it and then not long after handled it in the box and was once again let off.

My Birmingham supporting work colleague posted this on facebook -
[h=5]What a joke of a ref, knew that was going to end that way but at least we didnt lose and played alot better this week. Dont know how Leicester are top though, all that money and uve won **** all ;-) x[/h]

She went on to say we were dirty and unsportsman-like... can those who were there comment on whether this is the case, or is it just sour grapes on her part?? :icon_bigg

and now we've paid the ref :icon_lol: I can sense Monday will be fun!

Sounds a real deluded idiot.

Birmingham hacked our players to pieces from the first minute. I don't know what game she was watching. Stonewall sending off for Spector after two horrible fouls.

The ref offered us feck all, we had clear penatly shouts turned away and they were the dirtiest team I have seen us play this season.

I never thought another set of home fans would take the title of 'shittest supporters' off Blackburn this season, but Brum fans are outragously boring.

Drinkwater won us the point. With ten to go, we had Knockaert out of steam (rightly subbed), King looking like Radcliffe after 22 miles and both strikers looking very average (personally liked Futacs' touch when he come on however). Drinkwater started picking up the ball and driving at them which we did all first half. Deserves big credit that lad - looks a lot fitter than last season.

Personally feel we did an experienced striker to complement what we have. I know Jones from Stoke was a daft rumour but he would fit the bill.

Typical in the final minutes; Butland pulled off a total worldie from Marshall's free-kick and Curtis Davies made a superb last-ditch slide tackle whilst sprint.

At least, we are good to watch!! Hopefully the goal picks Marshall's confidence up. The thought of him and Knocky on form with Dyer for the last twenty is mouthwatering.

Last edited:
I never thought another set of home fans would take the title of 'shittest supporters' off Blackburn this season, but Brum fans are outragously boring.

That's not their fault though, it's down to that mournful accent they have. When they speak to each other it results in them all falling catatonic

Talking of accents reminds me of a comment by the once funny Mike Harding. When talking of Birmingham he asked how could 2.5 million (If I recall the number correctly) all have a speech impediment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669