Post Match Birmingham 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally encourage the"one game at a time" philosophy but with 2 games coming up close together id be happy with 4 points

I've read it several times now, but I'm struggling to make sense of this sentence. Can you expound on this philosophy you have and how it relates to the next two games?

I've read it several times now, but I'm struggling to make sense of this sentence. Can you expound on this philosophy you have and how it relates to the next two games?
If you choose to play two games simultanously you are guaranteed four points. The alternative is that you press the yellow button and shout "Risk play!". You will then play the games one at a time which means you could win up to six points - the disadvantage being that you risk to go home with no points at all. It's a new rule that the Football League has introduced to make the game more suitable for television.

If you choose to play two games simultanously you are guaranteed four points. The alternative is that you press the yellow button and shout "Risk play!". You will then play the games one at a time which means you could win up to six points - the disadvantage being that you risk to go home with no points at all. It's a new rule that the Football League has introduced to make the game more suitable for television.

Typical PEAR SON, never willing to take the risky, sorry, RISK PLAY!! option. Just press the yellow button for once PEAR SON

Last edited:
I'm not accepting any viewpoint of the game or our position until Oldandgrumpyfox tells me why Pea Son is a sack of shite.

I'm not accepting any viewpoint of the game or our position until Oldandgrumpyfox tells me why Pea Son is a sack of shite.

Where is he? Have seen less of him than cafe since the Hull game

She went on to say we were dirty and unsportsman-like... can those who were there comment on whether this is the case, or is it just sour grapes on her part?? :icon_bigg

The only unsportsman like things we did were one blatant dive from Knockaert and King asking for one of their players to be booked after a foui. There was also one alleged elbow in the first half, but it looked like a fair challenge from where I was.

They did commit a hell of a lot of cynical fouls, but I wouldn't call that unsporting, just the only way they could stop us.

As a general comment, we were truly fantastic in the first half. We absolutely murdered a very average Birmingham team and played some great stuff. I thought De Laet was at fault for their goal, but generally everyone had a good game, even Waggy to an extent. We were slightly more subdued in the second half, but still clearly the better team. Knockers was excellent again, but I'd also pick out Drinkwater, who has run the midfield brilliantly over the past month or so.

PLEASE can someone tell me the lyrics to the Anthony Knockaert (Achy Breaky Heart) song - it's been a few games now, and I still haven't picked them up!

My Brum mate was a little more realistic saying we were the best team he'd seen down there this season and Knockeart by far the best player. He reckons Clark has taken an average side and turned them in to a very poor one an will be gone by Xmas.

My uncle (a Villa fan) was very impressed with us in the first half, but thought Birmingham were just about the better side in the second. His argument being that they set out not to lose the lead after halftime and were content to allow us possession so long as we were doing nothing with it. They even managed to fashion a couple of half chances of their own in that time. They were close to succeeding (although they almost lost it at the end) so I don't think that's an unfair assessment.

What is refreshing from a Leicester point of view is that we have players on the bench who are capable of changing the game. Marshall's introduction brought with it a dynamism which was lacking in the second half. He ran at their defence and put dangerous crosses into the box - even if his corners were terrible.

PLEASE can someone tell me the lyrics to the Anthony Knockaert (Achy Breaky Heart) song - it's been a few games now, and I still haven't picked them up!

Not having been anywhere near the ground nor listened to the commentary, I'm boycotting it til Stringy has gone, I haven't heard it so don't know but I'll guess at:

Don't sell Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert,
I just don't think you understand,
that if you sell Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert,
you'll have a big riot on your hands

If that's wrong, don't worry about it and just sing those lyrics anyway, it'll soon catch on

Not having been anywhere near the ground nor listened to the commentary, I'm boycotting it til Stringy has gone, I haven't heard it so don't know but I'll guess at:

Don't sell Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert,
I just don't think you understand,
that if you sell Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert,
you'll have a big riot on your hands

If that's wrong, don't worry about it and just sing those lyrics anyway, it'll soon catch on

The pub I was in last night had a few stone island idiots singing the Knockaert song. Thankfully they were pretty much drowned out by the proper band.

Just saw the highlights from the FL show. Good to see that it sounds like it was another good performance. Waggy's chance wasn't as straightforward as it had sounded in here, but he still should have scored. Shame they didn't show the penalty shouts.

should have finished them off in the first half. Knockaert was all over them and god knows how wagon missed. can't help but wonder when you see Beckford finishing like he did for Huddersfield yesterday.

second half we were flat and lucky to salvage a point. brum a poor side due to a lack of confidence.

only shame was the trouble we saw on the way home. saw some city fans get chased by the Zulus, and a real lack of organisation from the police IMO.

Is it me or does the guy at the front in the 1st of the official photos, with the orange jumper under the white shirt, look like he has 3 arms??

LCFC photo.jpg

should have finished them off in the first half. Knockaert was all over them and god knows how wagon missed. can't help but wonder when you see Beckford finishing like he did for Huddersfield yesterday.

second half we were flat and lucky to salvage a point. brum a poor side due to a lack of confidence.

only shame was the trouble we saw on the way home. saw some city fans get chased by the Zulus, and a real lack of organisation from the police IMO.

The problem with basing opinions on highlights is that we have no idea if Beckford missed a dozen sitters before finally connecting with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669