Post Match Birmingham 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC Fox

Midland derbies are always tricky, I think it's a good result. Two wins needed now to deflate Cardiff!

Cate Fox

My Birmingham supporting work colleague posted this on facebook -
[h=5]What a joke of a ref, knew that was going to end that way but at least we didnt lose and played alot better this week. Dont know how Leicester are top though, all that money and uve won **** all ;-) x[/h]

She went on to say we were dirty and unsportsman-like... can those who were there comment on whether this is the case, or is it just sour grapes on her part?? :icon_bigg

and now we've paid the ref :icon_lol: I can sense Monday will be fun!

Last edited:

Mattmeister

[h=5]What a joke of a ref, knew that was going to end that way but at least we didnt lose and played alot better this week. Dont know how Leicester are top though, all that money and uve won **** all ;-) x[/h]

She went on to say we were dirty and unsportsman-like... can those who were there comment on whether this is the case, or is it just sour grapes on her part?? :icon_bigg

Only based on Radio, but in the first half they seemed to be fouling us no end (e.g. Spector should really have got second yellow earlier by all accounts)

Mattmeister

I don't who's compiling match stats these days but it says we only had 6 shots all match.

Surely, we had at least twice that??

NYC Fox

What a joke of a ref, knew that was going to end that way but at least we didnt lose and played alot better this week. Dont know how Leicester are top though, all that money and uve won **** all ;-) x

When you play poorly and still get a result, it's a sign of good things. Brumingham are 3 points off the bottom 3 - maybe they'd rather play Coventry next year?

M17TT C

What a joke of a ref, knew that was going to end that way but at least we didnt lose and played alot better this week. Dont know how Leicester are top though, all that money and uve won **** all ;-) x

Wow, that really has amazed me as I would have said exactly the same aimed at them!!

Clark had blatently told them to stop play by any means, I don't think they actually put a tackle in during the first half as it was just foul after foul from them and not even attempting to play the ball. With another ref they could have easily been down to 9 before the break and their RB made Robbie Neilson look like Cafu.

If that was a lot better than they have played all season then they are in for a torrid time for the rest of the year as I would have said first half we were good, but not as good as we have been and then not as good in the second but we still did more in the game than they did and would have been more worthy of the 3 points.

Butland kept them in it with 3 or 4 top class saves, Redmond look bright but if Brum carry on like that they'll be long gone in January. Baffled as to how they gave Morrisson MOTM as he was crap apart from 1 run with about 2 mins to go.

Wouldn't say anyone had a bad game for us though. Waghorn should have scored 1st half but played quite well imo. King was good in midfield going forward and big Wes was commanding as ever. RDL possibly out of position for their goal but we were attacking and Dyer slipped to lose possesion and they broke quickly so hard to blame really, if anyone Dyer for losing the ball as it was a good position for us.

Good day out in all with good atmosphere from the City end, just a shame not to have 3 points but a late equaliser usually feels just as good as was thoroughly deserved.

Profondo Rosso

First half we were absolutely fantastic and Knockaert especially was sensational, absolutely everything went through him. Second half we went a bit falt though dominated the game overall. Still unsure about Whitbread though, it's early days but he seems to make one or two dreadful mistakes a game.

Also Dyer had an absolute stonewall penalty first half not given and his goal disallowed for offside looked very borderline.

Last edited:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member

Some opinions from a Brum forum about the ref:

He (the ref) - and the linesmen - were totally incompetent.

That said, I don't think it was a penalty - wasn't it outside the area?

And it looked they had a genuine shout for at least one, maybe two, penalties.

The blonde (I think he means blond) centre half elbowed Lovenkrands - there's one red card
Burke was fouled in the box, ref awards foul outside the box, then changes his mind and gives a goal kick - despite the ball not going out of play
Hurst slide in and took out their man in the box - there's a Leicester penalty
Hurst while booked, took out his man in a clear 2nd yellow - there's another red card
Spector while booked took out a Leicester player in a clear 2nd yellow foul - red card
Ravel Morrison went over the ball, studs up on the player - red card

Weird

Entertaining though

Their penalty shout should of been a penalty but their man was already going down and hurst lost his footing. Morrison should of got booked for that lunge in about the 75th minute, and then he did a repeat challenge about 2 minutes after.

It wasn't a foul. Burke dived.

I thought it was a foul but it looked outside the box to me in Block 14. Definitely a free kick.

Some posts about the match:

BBC Match Stats.

Leicester had 6 shots...3 on Target

Did they go home after 15 minutes??

Butland made about 8 saves.

(Butland mad a) few routine long distance saves.
Wasn't tested close up because of Nugent's obsession with being offside.

The mentalness of Nigel Pearson
Thanks for taking Knockaert and Dyer off. They were a fecking nightmare.

hat was the best we've played at home all season.

Leicester were the better side first half by miles, I thought we were much better second half.

It's down to one man.

Ravel.

Caldwell wasn't pinging 60 yard hopeful balls because he had a willing recipient in midfield. We were much more composed on the ball and created much more because we actually played football.

It wasn't perfect but it's heartening even if it does go back to shit.

Well done today Blues, a fair point I think and a much better performance.

Oh and Jack Butland. Absolutely teeming with class and athleticism.

That made me glad I've only watched us three times this season. I didn't think Leicester were particularly good, but we are so sloppy and brainless in possession that allowed them to totally control the game. There's no style or game plan, in total contrast to last season where you could at least see what we were trying to do.

Ravel, Davies and Butland all very good - although did he see the shot late? Didn't seem to be all that much pace on it.

We were much better on the ball than normal today. I thought Leics were good on the ball until the final ball.

That let them down along with their inability to stay onside.

Brilliant game for a neutral, and the best game in that stuff happened. But we had one shot, scored, and then tried to play like it was a smash and grab job...at home.

Curtis Davies was magnificent.

We were lucky really we wasn't down to 9 at half time. Spector and Hurst were lucky.

Decent point I guess, but the fact Leicester are top highlights how crap we've been this season, they aren't all that.

Leiceseter are a very mediocre side, no pace up front and two central defenders that make Caldwell look quick

Leicester just didn't look a good side, certainly not as good as the best team on other championship seasons.

LeeCovFox

I'm very pleased with that. We should have been out of sight at half time; our passing and forward movement in the first half was brilliant to watch but we paid for not putting our chances away. By my reckoning Waghorn, Knockaert and De Laet all should have scored. We dominated possession in the second half but looked to lack ideas and I didn't see where an equaliser was coming from. But we got one and it was fully deserved. Indeed a point was the least our efforts should have returned.

My only regret is not standing with the City fans. I had bought a ticket but my uncle used to ply for Birmingham and was able to get free tickets as a former player, so I chose to spend the time with him. From where I was sitting the wall of Leicester fans was an impressive sight. Even the free pork cob I got wasn't enough to make up for missing out on being in the throng.

Blaarev

I'm very pleased with that. We should have been out of sight at half time; our passing and forward movement in the first half was brilliant to watch but we paid for not putting our chances away. By my reckoning Waghorn, Knockaert and De Laet all should have scored. We dominated possession in the second half but looked to lack ideas and I didn't see where an equaliser was coming from. But we got one and it was fully deserved. Indeed a point was the least our efforts should have returned.

My only regret is not standing with the City fans. I had bought a ticket but my uncle used to ply for Birmingham and was able to get free tickets as a former player, so I chose to spend the time with him. From where I was sitting the wall of Leicester fans was an impressive sight. Even the free pork cob I got wasn't enough to make up for missing out on being in the throng.

Who's your uncle then?

FoxCovert

Listened to the commentary today and it seems like we could have sealed all 3 points. However, in the end a point isn't too shabby. Two home games to come against teams that are up there in the mix should give us another benchmark by this time next week. I would like to think we could keep the home form going and take all 6 points but would it be too unambitious if we settled for 4? Top after 11 games averaging 2 points, who'd have thought it?
Very pleased with NP's post match comments.

fox58

did anyone else find the idiot on the tannoy very annoying

Last edited:

pork pie fox

did anyone else find the idiot on the tanny very annoying

A tanny is someone who:
1. characterized by orange/rough tan skin from repeated exposure to tanning beds.
2. They often travel in packs with other tannies.
3. Frequently seen in Abercrombie clothing, they are only popular due to the superficially enhanced melanin tone.
4. A tanny can also belong to the group "high school hotties"
Although not all high school hotties are tannies. (See high school hotties)

Example:

"Hey Jill, I'm doing a project with the tannies, do you think they can be trusted?"

"Bethany, I just saw a group of tannies, they are infiltrating our school!"

"He's only with her because she's a tanny"

:102:

M17TT C

Tannoy is also a brand name.....

He did seem a bit spech though as he seemed to pronounce syllables as individual words.

dpjfox

another good team performance and excellent result. We were bound to draw a game eventually. It is an historic fact that a 2 point/game average= automatic promotion so were bang on course. I normally encourage the"one game at a time" philosophy but with 2 games coming up close together id be happy with 4 points

Blaarev

A tanny is someone who:
1. characterized by orange/rough tan skin from repeated exposure to tanning beds.
2. They often travel in packs with other tannies.
3. Frequently seen in Abercrombie clothing, they are only popular due to the superficially enhanced melanin tone.
4. A tanny can also belong to the group "high school hotties"
Although not all high school hotties are tannies. (See high school hotties)

Example:

"Hey Jill, I'm doing a project with the tannies, do you think they can be trusted?"

"Bethany, I just saw a group of tannies, they are infiltrating our school!"

"He's only with her because she's a tanny"

:102:

racismn!

Waxed

I probably can't add too much to what others have already said but I thought we were excellent. This was the first time I've seen us in the flesh since Charlton, and although many of the things that let us down that day (wasted opportunities, for example) were present here, I was bloody impressed.

Only Birmingham will know how they got themselves into a half-time lead, but nobody knows how Waghorn didn't stick his chance away before that. He looked a bit off the pace today, which is understandable, although it doesn't really help that he's not actually very good.

Schmeichel was assured with the little he had to do, Konchesky and De Laet were excellent defensively and Morgan and Whitbread composed throughout. Knockaert and Dyer (I'm not his biggest fan, which is well documented, but he was superb) were constant threats.

On another day this would have been ours by a country mile but in the end a point was a relief. Things are looking good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670