Birmingham Game Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Surely they've had enough time to clear the bricks etc and surround the hotel so that no one can go by it. As far as petty excuses go for calling off a FOOTBALL match, This takes the biscuit.
Now if we were planning stone fights on the other hand....
On face value, yes. But I expected it would be called off yesterday. 3 years ago we had high winds at the ground and an Everton fan was killed. For this reason alone I think it was the right decision.

I do have to say though, that we benefit more than you do for the postponement

MHS

Surely they've had enough time to clear the bricks etc and surround the hotel so that no one can go by it. As far as petty excuses go for calling off a FOOTBALL match, This takes the biscuit.

Oh, well its a shame that the match wasnt postponed, and then a supporter can get hit in the head with a flying brick. Happy days.

Boy Genius

Banned

like your pitch last week?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member

If the roof is insecure more stuff could be blown off at any time. It's not a question of surrounding the hotel, anything blown from the roof could fall on the area immediately outside the stadium.

Steven

Not Rugby.....:018: :018:

I would rather go and walk around a graveyard than watch that

Fabulous game Rugby. You can can have a rucks every week and they call it a game for Gentlemen. ;)

However on its own ground and as a Club on its own. ;)

Cate Fox

Obviously not seeing the tv footage you wouldnt realise that half of the roof was blown off, with further danger of more coming off in high winds.

western road

What to do tomorrow........Watch my lucky 15 bet go the way it normally do'es............go shopping............or stay at the pub a little longer ??????

Boy Genius

Banned
On face value, yes. But I expected it would be called off yesterday. 3 years ago we had high winds at the ground and an Everton fan was killed. For this reason alone I think it was the right decision.

I would rather see a brum fan on the slab rather than an everton one. People from Liverpool are nicer than the ones from brum....

Steven

:icon_roll they already know they are prize cnuts, they don't need me to remind them. Their wax jackets, flat caps and 4x4s tell them

:018: :018: :018: :018:

I have a Barbour. ;)

dannybcfc

Banned
Obviously not seeing the tv footage you wouldnt realise that half of the roof was blown off, with further danger of more coming off in high winds.
I have seen the footage as I have a satellite set up meaning I get ALL sky channels regardless of what Area of the UK I am in.

Steven

... and two City fans. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_sad:

stevewalshwasgod

I say its the right desiscion (sp) and we will have time for MM to get in!
oops have I started another MM will he/won't he thread?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670