Pre Match Birmingham (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have got one in JTT area for £22/£23 and walk around. The corner concourse is accessible by both the Kop and the West Stand, so it's an easy mistake to end up in the Kop innit :icon_wink

I would prefer it if you didn't advertise my own match day routine to the world ;)

I've often wondered why you're so miserable. You've got an office in Japan, you travel first class and don't even have to pay for the missus because she fits in your hand luggage, and you're not a Coventry fan despite your family. You've nowt to be miserable about really.

I know, the miserable bastard is an affect, I'm actually the happiest ****er on the planet.

Last edited:
I will be down from Aberdeen for this one. First match since Watford last season (league not play offs)

Talking to a Brum fan today, he reckons, so far this season they have looked solid at the back but rarely threaten at the other end.

Birmingham is a puzzle. In population it is the second city. Liverpool and Manchester are smaller and yet each have two great clubs. Something seems to hold Aston Villa back even when they have ambitious managers - Mercer, Docherty, Atkinson, O'Neill.

Birmingham City fare worse. They are a yoyo club. Since modern football - the end of the maximum wage - they have had one really great player. They sold Trevor Francis to Nottingham Forest a team from a much smaller city.

When Man City were relegated a few years ago and when Man U were relegated in the 1970s this was seen as amazing and they soon bounced back. No one seems surprised that Birmingham City is in the Championship.
Why?

It would be impossible for any of us to say, David, as we haven't seen them live this year.

Birmingham is a puzzle.

When the Aston Expressway and underpasses are free of roadworks and you can pass right through from one side of the city to the other in minutes Birmingham is perfectly understandable. When not, puzzling would be too soft a word.

I blame it on the fact that Brum has more miles of canals than Venice.

Konchesky confirmed as being back in the squad for Saturday.

I'd keep Schlupp in at left back - he clearly doesn't rate Bakayogo. Odd signing.
I'm keen that we see players like Sesay, Dodoo, Cain or Panayiotou on the bench instead of Waghorn who, again, just seems to hang around the place like a vegetarian's fart - being neither a first teamer or an up and coming prospect.

Schmeichel
De Laet Morgan Moore Schlupp
King James
Knockaert
Vardy Wood Dyer

Sparky give Bakayogo a chance he's only been at the club a short time. To say ( I assume NP) doesn't rate him is a bit premature surely. I agree about some of the youngsters though, would give their confidence a massive boost just to get on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669