Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they've not been trying, how come we've picked up so many injuries and suspensions, Homer?
Is that because they're so uncommitted they can't be arsed to warm up or play by the rules?
OR is it that we've had a tiny squad of players, most with no track record or experience of championship football, often playing out of position, and trying their best to cover the overall lack in quality?
I'd say that the latter is true of almost all of our players, and it is unrealistic expectancy that is making you forget what upheaval has surrounded the club.
Remember lesser or comarable upheaval sent Man City, Forest, Swindon and Wimbledon down, but not Leicester, maybe people like Kelly, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Hume, Tiatto etc needed a bit more credit. if you'll excuse the pun.

If they've not been trying, how come we've picked up so many injuries and suspensions, Homer?
Is that because they're so uncommitted they can't be arsed to warm up or play by the rules?
OR is it that we've had a tiny squad of players, most with no track record or experience of championship football, often playing out of position, and trying their best to cover the overall lack in quality?
I'd say that the latter is true of almost all of our players, and it is unrealistic expectancy that is making you forget what upheaval has surrounded the club.
Remember lesser or comarable upheaval sent Man City, Forest, Swindon and Wimbledon down, but not Leicester, maybe people like Kelly, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Hume, Tiatto etc needed a bit more credit. if you'll excuse the pun.

You cant honestly say you go to the walkers and watch those guys play and think they give it their all surely?

90th minute equaliser versus Fulham.
They are plenty fit enough.

90th minute equaliser versus Fulham.
They are plenty fit enough.

What about the legathic performances at Southampton or at home to Sunderland. A last-minute equaliser does not prove yourself fit, it proves you have a hunger and desire which is only seen in a City side playing a top level opposition.

I have never seen a City team that unfit to what was encounted at Luton for the first game of the season.

I think that the players will start playing better and fighting harder after the takeover... but anybody would. Any player, or in fact anyone in any business, would start working harder and fighting to keep their job if they thought they were likely to lose it. I have no problem with that, and as long as it makes us do well then I don't care what motivates them.
All managers like to have good competition for places because it keeps the players on their toes more than if they know they are guaranteed a starting place.

The financial boost to the club won't keep them playing better all season though. Our team isn't good enough and we still need to strengthen it.

All i'm saying is that if you go through this forum, the opinion of players effort changes consistently from week to week, completely depending on the result. With only a few condemned regularly for being sh*t such as Stearman, Sylla and Low (and quite rightly so).
The rest of them are triers, but are inconsistent due to a lack of true quality, In a lot of instances they are either playing out of position i.e Hughes, Tiatto, Mcauley, Maybury, or playing too reguarly for their age. i.e Porter, Weso, Logan.

If they are not trying how do they get results against teams which on paper should murder them, such as Southampton who come to the Walkers with premership experienced players, Rasiak, Wright Phillips, Lundekvam, Skacel and youngsters being touted for 6 million, like Bale? And how do they deserve a win against a team like Colchester that have one their last 11 games at home.

Have some perspective.

I have never seen a City team that unfit to what was encounted at Luton for the first game of the season.

I take it you wern't at the first game of the season againsy Bolton in 2001/2002 Season?

That was a truly awful day..... I remember Kevin Nolan making us look truly woeful.

I was pretty bad 'un, compounded when we sold some decent players at the end of it. Matty Piper for one. Although Lee 'Giraffe' Marshall went aswell

I remember Piper skinning Neville and Brown when we were unlucky to lose against Manure right at the end. That lifted my spirits. Then we sold him too...... In hindsight of course, it was ok....

1. Because they are unfit
2. Because they are lazy feckers fart-arsing around out of position, and then having to trip people up and pull the shirts off their backs instead of making a decent challenge

That was a truly awful day..... I remember Kevin Nolan making us look truly woeful.
Knowing by half time in the first match that we were almost certainly going down was pretty soul destroying. "Taylor Out" chants 30 mins into the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669