Post Match Blackburn 1 Leicester 4

Scoreline maybe flatters us a bit as credit to Blackburn, they made it a tough game until the penalty.

Too much quality for us though.

Happy days.

Didn't play that well for a lot of the game and yet we win 4-1.

Let's be honest, we're pissing this so far. Just got to keep it up and not get complacent. But you'd expect us to get better still too...

Impressive result. Didn't really feel like a 4-1 game in a way. Blackburn were better than us for a fair amount of that game but the difference was the finishing and final ball quality. Blackburn just didn't have it.

Entertaining lunchtime viewing.
Patchy but solid and clinical. Vesty, Wilf and Vardy stand outs for me.

Mcateer injury the big negative. At least the Vesty booking gives Coady a game although we’ll be short of cover.

Just keep it going.

Did we still lose on XG?

As I was saying - comfortable away win
(actually not that comfortable for long periods, but it was away, and it was a win)

if we keep this up we could be guaranteed play off places by new years day. I still do not think we have clicked yet and someone is up for a thumping aka Southampton sort of scoreline.

Have a largely 'meh' performance, tbf, that was partly down to their good defensive shape, and win 4-1.

As Tommy said, Piss the league!

I was impressed with Fatawu's work-rate. He never stopped and did some excellent defensive work. Thought he linked up well with Ndidi too on the right. I think Yunus has class. I hope he gets a run in the team as a winger and we see what he can really do. Vestergaard and Faes were excellent. Justin worries me defensively. What a finish by Vardy, and that shot that hit the bar might have even topped it.

Shame about McAteer. We obviously all hope for the best but I fear he'll join Doyle in being out for a while. But, I do feel we have the squad to cover for him. And that's without ever seeing Marc Albrighton in a league game.

After the last few years and even the first few games of this season, it's such a rare and welcome feeling to expect the opposition not to score when they have the ball. And I never worry at corners and free-kicks now.

While we were far from perfect today I’ve got to say I’m really impressed with how well drilled the back 4 look without the ball. Faes and Vestergaard in particular take up lovely positions when defending crosses, through balls and cut backs.

Obviously it’s ****ing bomb scare time when we have the ball and the opposition are well organised in their pressing and that’s where we’ll give up the goals. Really chuffed that we now have a coach that goes to the effort of thinking about what he wants his players to do.

Like I’ve said before, not many teams in the league can go toe to toe with us for 90 minutes, it’s just too sapping for them and our players finally look fit.

Enjoyable incident in Aldi opposite the ground after the game. I am sure 12-year olds have a shorter name for 'gathering in a group, dashing through a store together causing general mayhem, dragging stuff off shelves, breaking open packages and probably nicking a bit on their way out'. Some of you might know the shorter name; I don't.
Such an event happened this afternoon as I was getting a few things that Mrs boc had asked me to get on my way home. Unfortunately for this group the mother of one of the main protagonists in this particular group was also in the store. First thing I heard was, "Raydon! Get out!". Then, "No! Raydon! Come here". What followed next would in the middle of the last century have been called a severe boxing of the ears. Then another cry, "Now get out!". Next came the recital of about six or eight names of the rest of the group and assurance that their parents were going to hear about it.
Somehow, despite the 4-1 scoreline, I think I enjoyed this more than the match itself.

Last edited:

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464