Post Match Blackburn 1 Leicester 4

If you look at the faes goal he has virtually took Wouts shirt off
The video clearly also makes Faes guilty of shirt pulling as he scores his goal.

I sympathise with JDT a bit. Yes it’s a foul by the letter of the law…but if you give it then he’s right, you have to give loads per game. There’s no consistency.

I’d hate to have seen that given against us because of that.

Same here. Only I'd be passed more at our defender for doing something as stupid as blatant shirt pulling than the referee for giving it.

When the player held his arms out in the what have I done mode. The Ref clearly demonstrated to him, it was for holding from here to here

I can see their manager's point in that it's something that happens in bits and bobs throughout the game but I think it's one of those things where it just gets punished when it's really blatant such as with the penalty. There was also a really blatant one where one of their players got booked for pulling Ndidi's shirt and preventing him breaking away. Like I say, if it were given against us, you can't be mad at the ref, you're pissed at your defender for making it so obvious. You may get away with a quick tug to try and keep pace with the opponent but a fistful of shirt for several seconds is overstepping the mark. There does seem to be a level to it where its considered acceptable, like an unspoken rule kind of thing.

It was a clear penalty. The defender was stupid for doing it so blatantly. Nobody is to blame but the Blackburn defender. If the same thing had happened anywhere else on the pitch, a foul would have been given and their manager wouldn't have mentioned it.

I can see their manager's point in that it's something that happens in bits and bobs throughout the game but I think it's one of those things where it just gets punished when it's really blatant such as with the penalty. There was also a really blatant one where one of their players got booked for pulling Ndidi's shirt and preventing him breaking away. Like I say, if it were given against us, you can't be mad at the ref, you're pissed at your defender for making it so obvious. You may get away with a quick tug to try and keep pace with the opponent but a fistful of shirt for several seconds is overstepping the mark. There does seem to be a level to it where its considered acceptable, like an unspoken rule kind of thing.
This is my point about why Carter wasn't sent off!
When Ndidi's shirt was pulled to prevent him from breaking away, their player was booked. So why was Carter not booked for pulling Vestergaard's shirt and preventing from breaking away.
Also later on in the game Carter gave away a similar foul and again was let off. How many fouls before you are booked!

This is my point about why Carter wasn't sent off!
When Ndidi's shirt was pulled to prevent him from breaking away, their player was booked. So why was Carter not booked for pulling Vestergaard's shirt and preventing from breaking away.
Also later on in the game Carter gave away a similar foul and again was let off. How many fouls before you are booked!
Because consistency doesn’t exist with refereeing decisions. That’s all I’ve got.

But you’re right, he should have received a second yellow.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563