Post Match Blackburn 1 Leicester 4

Enjoyable incident in Aldi opposite the ground after the game. I am sure 12-year olds have a shorter name for 'gathering in a group, dashing through a store together causing general mayhem, dragging stuff off shelves, breaking open packages and probably nicking a bit on their way out'. Some of you might know the shorter name; I don't.
Such an event happened in Aldi
That’s called a stock take in Blackburn.

Not at our best, that’s for sure, and a real painful struggle at times - but despite that we go and do them four ****ng one away from home.

Thats how good we are

Still think Doyle’s injury is our biggest problem, but the strength in depth and genuine game-changers on our bench means we are going to pulverise this team

It’s fabulous stuff

Ze system is all zat matters…..

Not at our best, that’s for sure, and a real painful struggle at times - but despite that we go and do them four ****ng one away from home.

Thats how good we are

Still think Doyle’s injury is our biggest problem, but the strength in depth and genuine game-changers on our bench means we are going to pulverise this team

It’s fabulous stuff

Ze system is all zat matters…..
Wasn’t very exciting though was it?

Enjoyable incident in Aldi opposite the ground after the game. I am sure 12-year olds have a shorter name for 'gathering in a group, dashing through a store together causing general mayhem, dragging stuff off shelves, breaking open packages and probably nicking a bit on their way out'. Some of you might know the shorter name; I don't.
Such an event happened this afternoon as I was getting a few things that Mrs boc had asked me to get on my way home. Unfortunately for this group the mother of one of the main protagonists in this particular group was also in the store. First thing I heard was, "Raydon! Get out!". Then, "No! Raydon! Come here". What followed next would in the middle of the last century have been called a severe boxing of the ears. Then another cry, "Now get out!". Next came the recital of about six or eight names of the rest of the group and assurance that their parents were going to hear about it.
Somehow, despite the 4-1 scoreline, I think I enjoyed this more than the match itself.
I can’t read that story without making it sound like the clip in White Men Can’t Jump - “Raymond, is that you?”

How weird is this… we might actually miss Vestergaard. Who had that one down as a possibility last season. Kudos to him. He’s changed my mind. If he had pace he’d be something else.

IMG_1609.jpeg

What a load of old bollocks. It was obviously a penalty (unless you are now allowed to foul people in the box)

While we were far from perfect today I’ve got to say I’m really impressed with how well drilled the back 4 look without the ball. Faes and Vestergaard in particular take up lovely positions when defending crosses, through balls and cut backs.

Obviously it’s ****ing bomb scare time when we have the ball and the opposition are well organised in their pressing and that’s where we’ll give up the goals. Really chuffed that we now have a coach that goes to the effort of thinking about what he wants his players to do.

Like I’ve said before, not many teams in the league can go toe to toe with us for 90 minutes, it’s just too sapping for them and our players finally look fit.
That's all very well, Ted - but how was the Brisket?

How weird is this… we might actually miss Vestergaard. Who had that one down as a possibility last season. Kudos to him. He’s changed my mind. If he had pace he’d be something else.
I actually thought he looked really fit and fairly mobile today.

View attachment 18097

What a load of old bollocks. It was obviously a penalty (unless you are now allowed to foul people in the box)
Can't believe he thought the penalty wasn't there! You can clearly see he had a handful of his shirt and was pulling him back - penalty every time.
Also to say Vardy's goal was soft!!! That was an exceptional goal when you look at the passing that got to Vardy, Ndidi's pass was brilliant.

When Carter fouled Vestergaard for the penalty, he was already booked, why wasn't he sent off!

When Carter fouled Vestergaard for the penalty, he was already booked, why wasn't he sent off!
Because the foul wasn’t worthy of a yellow card?

I sympathise with JDT a bit. Yes it’s a foul by the letter of the law…but if you give it then he’s right, you have to give loads per game. There’s no consistency.

I’d hate to have seen that given against us because of that.

He had been doing it constantly to Vesty during the game. If you look at the faes goal he has virtually took Wouts shirt off. It is possible the ref had a word with the player and he did it again. I dont think that shirt pulling should be normalised as part and parcel of the game.

I sympathise with JDT a bit. Yes it’s a foul by the letter of the law…but if you give it then he’s right, you have to give loads per game. There’s no consistency.

I’d hate to have seen that given against us because of that.
Actually, you wouldn’t get loads per game.
I know footballers are supposed to be thick , but not that thick.
Once the first penalty is given then they get the message not to do it.

Actually, you wouldn’t get loads per game.
I know footballers are supposed to be thick , but not that thick.
Once the first penalty is given then they get the message not to do it.
Didn't the PL say they were going to make a real point of it one season and in reality that equated to us being penalised for it against West Ham and then it went away?

Didn't the PL say they were going to make a real point of it one season and in reality that equated to us being penalised for it against West Ham and then it went away?

Think that was 16/17 and led to a lot of the pundits saying we couldn't have won the league the previous year if Huth and Morgan had been held to that standard - which was, and remains, obvious tosh.

BTW, it was a stonewall pen. Can't believe any serious manager would even complain about it.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563