Post Match Blackburn 2 - Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Dominated against a poor Blackburn side and still couldn't get a win.

Re: Blackburn Rovers (A)

Sounded like both goals were due to the midfield not closing down as per Charlton.

Actually don't know how the hell we've lost that. We were mugged letting the have a point but to give them 3 is a joke after we completely dominated.

Would like to see Vardy's header again as it looked OK from the TV.

Last edited:

Sounded like both goals were due to the midfield not closing down as per Charlton.

It was also both full backs being absolutely feckin' awful

We look likely to concede on every opposition attack. Hopeless

Looked to me like both goals could have been dealt with if the full backs didn't get done easily.

According to the BBC we had 43% of the possession!!

Just like last season, we start with a win against relegation fodder and then follow it up with two poor defeats. Has anyone seen any real evidence that this season is going to end up any better than last? I'm seriously starting to doubt NP's ability to turn this team from a mid table one to a promotion chasing one.

Konchesky was appalling. King and Nugent earned their places. De Laet was unconvincing defensively again. Our wingers offered feck all again. There is something seriously wrong with a defence that can manage to lose two goals against that opposition. Make no mistake, Blackburn were awful, awful, awful throughout.

Next up , the league leaders with 9 points from 3 games and a plus 9 goal difference. If we lose that one, the pressure really starts to build on NP. His post match comments same old, same old. Blaming ref, unlucky, not about tactics, arsey with Stringer, blah, blah. This happens far too often to just be bad luck Nigel (12 'unlucky' defeats in 20 away now). What about the fact that we were gifted our goal and defended like amateurs?

Expect the normal pessimists to be along spouting their normal drivel, "no better than under sven, pearson out shite."
Not me, I can see a vast improvement, even though we lost, and believe we will come good. Hopefully the Thais will give NP the time!

Defended like wankers

Finished like schoolgirls

Poor

Feckin hopeless.

Fed up with the excuses about playing well. Nearly a year since he strolled back into the club, and yet we are as inconsistant as ever.

I think if we keep playing like that we'll definitely be in the mix come the end of the season as I don't think it was a bad performance at all. Was a poor pass from Konch to set-up the move for their first but the second was brilliant control combined with a sublime finish from Pedersen so I'd say more credit to him than poor from De Laet.

You're never going to have a defence that can stop a team from getting any shots at goal in a game, we were just unlucky that they got 2 goals from half chances at best and also seemed unlucky to have one chalked off for offside.

No need to panic at all imo as apart from the result (which is obviously a blow) it was still a very pleasing performance to watch.

We always knew that these first 5 games would be a stern test of our ability and I was worried that if we didn't hit the ground running the pressure would be on. Having picked up nothing from two games where we should have come away with at least a point from each only makes matters worse. For Pearson the heat is already on and another poor return could seal his fate. I can't imagine the owners being too happy with being 17th after 3 games. Obviously we need time to get up and running and a slow start in this league isn't necessarily the end of a promotion campaign but I doubt Pearson will be afforded too much time to turn it around.

Last edited:
I was at the game today and was very impressed with the team performance. Everyone, maybe apart from De Laet and Dyer at times, looked in great shape and did their jobs making Blackburn look very poor.

Stand out performance for me was King who controlled midfield and organised everyone like a veteran.

We didn't deserve to go 1 down as that was their only shot on target, Nugent had a 2 yard header saved by Robinson that I still can't believe didn't go in, and the referee made a few howlers.

Finally Vardy was never offside, a disgraceful decision that changed 3 points, into 0 points.

Also the support from Blackburn was poor and although I had to sit in the home fans :bang: The away fans kept in loud voice.

just back from the game gutted, fully deserved 3 pts but yet again none Kasper nothing to do hardly, i disagree with previous comments re RDL i thought he played really well, only below performances for me were Konch (by his own high standards) and Dyer, cant put my finger on whats going wrong /or needs changing apart from maybe a bit of luck eg Vardy scored a great header at 1-1 (was it really offside? fans didnt think so.. "keep the faith"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669