Post Match Blackburn 2 - Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last sub was used with 2 minutes to go so we did have a chance to sub LM (but who with I don't know), rest seems ok though.

He took a knock during a set piece in injury time. Given that Moore then went onto make a superb timed block tackle a minute later, it appeared to be nothing more than impact injury to which Moore didnt want to waste precious time by receiving treatment. I do agree that they should be at least some cover....Kennedy for example on the bench yet Waghorn and Schlupp travel for token value.

I agree with everything except the last bit. The owners have sacked 2 managers, both of whom had enough time to prove it wasn't working at all. They have done nothing except support Pearson so I'm not sure why people think they are likely to get rid?

Nothing more than the total idiots across the platforms of media saying Pearson out (Stringer tweeted three opinions Saturday evening) and then some plonker on 5Live making various errors in managerial criticism of Pearson. Whilst Sven wasn't a success and I still say that long-term we would suffer from his transfer policy, he wasn't given a fair crack. Sousa was just a mess.

When we went 2-1 down Pearson had a chance to change things, however he decided to wait untuill there was 2 mintes remaining to bring Beckford on. I would love to know the thought process behind such a pointless and token decision.

That was my main gripe with Pearson, and I wouldn't say that makes me fickle or anything else other than a bit cionfused behind Pear Sons thought process.

I agree on that one. Particularly considering Nugent hadn't covered himself in glory over the 90. Marshall you would reason was on for the purpose of set pieces too. Again I couldn't understand replacing Drinkwater with the Baby Elephant that is Neil Danns.

Last edited:
I agree on that one. Particularly considering Nugent hadn't covered himself in glory over the 90. Marshall you would reason was on for the purpose of set pieces too. Again I couldn't understand replacing Drinkwater with the Baby Elephant that is Neil Danns.

Baby Elephant :) Nugent was quite poor, his miss in the early stages was terrible, I thought Beckford was worth a run out much earlier than the resulting 2 mintues.

Beights you are right, we did dominate but we could not get the ball in the beck of the net, something (someone) different may have had a more positive result, the 2 mintes afforded to Beckford was sadly never going to result in anything more than an appearance bonus.

I know this is a stupid question but do our forwards actually practice shooting/heading at a goal?

Beckham was never 'lucky' in being able to send a free kick into the top corners of a goal. He spent a couple of hours a day of extra practice to get it right.

If Kasper let the ball roll between his legs or under his body he would get grief for making basic errors.

I think the coaching staff should be doing the same with forwards. Every chance, that is under control, not a stretched for volley, should always be on target and forcing the keeper to make a great save. Anything else is a basic error and should be dealt with appropriately.

He took a knock during a set piece in injury time. Given that Moore then went onto make a superb timed block tackle a minute later, it appeared to be nothing more than impact injury to which Moore didnt want to waste precious time by receiving treatment. I do agree that they should be at least some cover....Kennedy for example on the bench yet Waghorn and Schlupp travel for token value.

Nothing more than the total idiots across the platforms of media saying Pearson out (Stringer tweeted three opinions Saturday evening) and then some plonker on 5Live making various errors in managerial criticism of Pearson. Whilst Sven wasn't a success and I still say that long-term we would suffer from his transfer policy, he wasn't given a fair crack. Sousa was just a mess.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to when Moore was limping with about 25 minutes to go

I know this is a stupid question but do our forwards actually practice shooting/heading at a goal?

Beckham was never 'lucky' in being able to send a free kick into the top corners of a goal. He spent a couple of hours a day of extra practice to get it right.

If Kasper let the ball roll between his legs or under his body he would get grief for making basic errors.

I think the coaching staff should be doing the same with forwards. Every chance, that is under control, not a stretched for volley, should always be on target and forcing the keeper to make a great save. Anything else is a basic error and should be dealt with appropriately.

I can't imagine that the coaching staff would be using such advanced training methods as that. In fact, I doubt the notion has even crossed their minds.
Have you considered approaching the club with a view to taking up a coaching position?

I can't imagine that the coaching staff would be using such advanced training methods as that. In fact, I doubt the notion has even crossed their minds.
Have you considered approaching the club with a view to taking up a coaching position?

Why would they even bother working with the ball? In training, the strikers just run around a lot and roar to improve their pashun. Brian Blessed comes in now and again for special training sessions. Waghorn excels at this... Stevie Howard did too, but didn't have enough power in his roar anymore, his passion was waning.

That's bollocks. Have you kicked a modern football? How often does a striker get a shot that isn't on the turn or under pressure?

Dyer is the most obvious example because he is the only example. Who else started today who is one of his "favourites"? The only other player who he has worked with before his second tenure is King and that is his first start this season after two goals.

You really do like to use baseless arguments at the minute to bash Pearson.

Not really - and if i felt like it I could say that you are re-hashing the same old tripe we have had for the last few seasons i.e. it starts with in August porfessed confidence that it will all turn out fine and we;re a bit unlucky and that those who recognise that the propoganda is just that..propaganda. Then by the end of September it's more or less conceded that automatic promotion has gone out of the window; then by the end of October we're seen to be playing catch up to scrape into the play offs.

I stated that i don't think we should lose Pearson - because that will just write off another season. But there are problems. We don't have the physical presence in defence, midfield or attack. Other sides are happy to see us play nicey nicey away from home then they bang the ball in the net.

I've seen enough second tier football to know that you get promotion by being seriously mean in defence - especially away. You get a goal - you get a point. You get two goals - you win the match.

Somehow Pearson has gone out of character with his approach compared to his first spell and his reign at Hull. Its time he went back to basics before its too late all over again.

Not really - and if i felt like it I could say that you are re-hashing the same old tripe we have had for the last few seasons i.e. it starts with in August porfessed confidence that it will all turn out fine and we;re a bit unlucky and that those who recognise that the propoganda is just that..propaganda. Then by the end of September it's more or less conceded that automatic promotion has gone out of the window; then by the end of October we're seen to be playing catch up to scrape into the play offs.

I stated that i don't think we should lose Pearson - because that will just write off another season. But there are problems. We don't have the physical presence in defence, midfield or attack. Other sides are happy to see us play nicey nicey away from home then they bang the ball in the net.

I've seen enough second tier football to know that you get promotion by being seriously mean in defence - especially away. You get a goal - you get a point. You get two goals - you win the match.

Somehow Pearson has gone out of character with his approach compared to his first spell and his reign at Hull. Its time he went back to basics before its too late all over again.

That's the most I think I've seen somebody write yet still fail to respond to the point quoted. Who are these favourites that he continues to play?

Matt - you are terrier like in pursuing the detail and choosing to ignore my main point - which is that the defence is certainly no stronger than last season and it was weak last season. For f-cks sake we were scoring three goals away from home and still dropping points! I don't know why Pearson isn't building from an uncompromising defence - but he isn't and he hasn't.

I'm certain that you are a good supporter and always wish them well. I'm not such a good supporter but always want us to win - unlike this Terry South oaf who clearly doesn't support the City and almost certainly wants us to lose every game. However, I see the same pattern developing this season as last season.

The point is that almost everyone says we played well at Charlton & Blackburn ...and lost. What is going to happen when we don't play well away from home? It's never to soon to start winning - its always too late to start losing.

Oh yes...and if you want further examples of Pearson's favourites - Wellens last season. He's been a very decent mid fielder but well over the hill unfortunately by last season but still got picked week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669