Post Match Blackburn 2 - Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought that Pearson had strengthened the squad overall in the close season.
I think that he rigidly favours particular players who show every season that they are not good enough - Dyer is the most obvious example.
i don't think that he is the most tactically astute manager we have ever had - by any means - his practice is to continuously repeat the same errors and same excuses.
But better to stick with him i think - if the manager is changed yet again all that will happen is that a new one will look to get rid of Pearson's lot; spend a lot more money and probably this season is then stuffed - yet again.
If and its a very big if Pearson happend to get us promoted this season - and I can't see it as a likely outcome - I think someone better would be needed in the Premier League. That would take a brave and unpopular decision by the owners along with a shed load of money to re-shape the squad.

Dyer is the most obvious example because he is the only example. Who else started today who is one of his "favourites"? The only other player who he has worked with before his second tenure is King and that is his first start this season after two goals.

You really do like to use baseless arguments at the minute to bash Pearson.

Re: Blackburn Rovers (A)

Just like last season, we start with a win against relegation fodder and then follow it up with two poor defeats......

Next up , the league leaders with 9 points from 3 games and a plus 9 goal difference. If we lose that one, the pressure really starts to build on NP. His post match comments same old, same old. Blaming ref, unlucky, not about tactics, arsey with Stringer, blah, blah. This happens far too often to just be bad luck Nigel (12 'unlucky' defeats in 20 away now). What about the fact that we were gifted our goal and defended like amateurs?

If we are just like last season, we will beat Blackpool.....

I'm not convinced we need all this doom and gloom, it was pleasing to see us dominate this game. One paper they have on of the best midfields in the league. I agree with an earlier post, look at it after 12 - 15 games. No point in keep changing and moaning. If we can play like we did today more often we will be right up there come the business end!

As for Konch, i've been told that he desperately wants out. Whether there's any truth in it? and if there is, is this effecting him? maybe it's a reason for his performance maybe it's not?

Last edited:
Three games gone, three (apparently) good performances. No need to worry just yet. Calm down!

The only bright spot I can see is that blackburn were apparently poor so maybe wont be in the mix come the business end of the season. Losing to opposition that are not going to be up there at the back end is preferable to dropping 3 points to those that will be.

Does that still apply if both City and Blackburn are involved in the relegation dog-fight at the end of the season?

Three games gone, three (apparently) good performances. No need to worry just yet. Calm down!
Blackburns best player was undoubtedly Robinson. From viewing the highlights he made several good early saves and had a couple of those gone in then we would have killed off the game.
Thought NP was wrong about the offsides - they looked legitimate decisions.
Promosing looking erformance I thought.

Having just watched the highlights, I am far more confident. But for some outstanding goalkeeping and last ditch blocks we would have been out of sight. Konch and De Laet both got turned too easily for their goals but in each case they both had a lot of work still to do and both were cracking finishes. Vardy was onside for his goal as well and looked class in the highlights, so a lot to get excited about.

Unless you love a good moan, that is.

Having just watched the highlights, I am far more confident. But for some outstanding goalkeeping and last ditch blocks we would have been out of sight. Konch and De Laet both got turned too easily for their goals but in each case they both had a lot of work still to do and both were cracking finishes. Vardy was onside for his goal as well and looked class in the highlights, so a lot to get excited about.

I was just about to post the same, having just watched the FL show highlights. From what was shown, we really should have won. All I knew yesterday was the result and I was dreading hearing about a dire performance this morning.

It was a very frustrating game to watch yesterday, but on balance I think I am singing from your hymn sheet. Let's just hope the owners dont get itchy trigger finger or we'll just keep going backwards.

It was a very frustrating game to watch yesterday, but on balance I think I am singing from your hymn sheet. Let's just hope the owners dont get itchy trigger finger or we'll just keep going backwards.

The only managers they have sacked were Sousa, who deserved it, and Sven, who, whilst at the time I was against it, did have a dire record here. I don't think they are anywhere near as quick gunned as Mandaric was.

The only managers they have sacked were Sousa, who deserved it, and Sven, who, whilst at the time I was against it, did have a dire record here. I don't think they are anywhere near as quick gunned as Mandaric was.

I hope you're right.

I don't care that we have only played 3 games or that we played well in the games that we lost.

We sign big-named big-money signings and it got us nowhere.

We sign young up-and-coming players with something to prove and it looks like nothings changed.

Both Forest/Watford have big money takeovers and signed 7-8 players overnight and yet it seems to be working for them!

This league is a horrible horrible place.

Perhaps your next comic could feature a footballing superhero who arrives just in time to get us into one of the automatic promotion spots.

As pointed on the FLS, their first goal shouldn't have been allowed. Pedersen is in an offside position, blocking Kaspers view.
Whether he's feckin active or not, he's interfering with play.

It seems to me that its the same old story again,we seem to think we have a team that will again get into the playoffs,we seem to forget that there are other teams with good players ,having said that these other teams take there chances ,im affraid we dont do that ,once again i think the problem lies with the coaching staff,and again N.P fails to impress,a comment made again yesterday by Alan Young was that we bossed the game and lost ,i beg to differ if you boss the game you dont loose will win, so something needs to get sorted and i just cant see N.Pdoing the job,only time will tell. (ie what manager brings another striker on in the 90th minute what bloody use is that)i rest my case.

It seems to me that its the same old story again,we seem to think we have a team that will again get into the playoffs,we seem to forget that there are other teams with good players ,having said that these other teams take there chances ,im affraid we dont do that ,once again i think the problem lies with the coaching staff,and again N.P fails to impress,a comment made again yesterday by Alan Young was that we bossed the game and lost ,i beg to differ if you boss the game you dont loose will win, so something needs to get sorted and i just cant see N.Pdoing the job,only time will tell. (ie what manager brings another striker on in the 90th minute what bloody use is that)i rest my case.

I'd be amazed if anybody could make head or tail of that mess.

Last edited:

Yep. Not many keepers in this league as good as Paul Robinson.

I'd hoped we'd have more points by now, but Charlton and Blackburn were always going to be tough games. I think the fact that we should've won yesterday is actually what frustrates people more in a way.

I still think our defence is pretty weak and would like to see an extra centre back and maybe a left back as well to at least provide cover/competition for Konchesky.

I think Knockaert will come in for Dyer soon, think Pearson's just giving him some sub appearances to help him adjust. Think he'll start against Burton on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669