Post Match Blackpool 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a big difference between a clumsy or wreckless challenge that leads to a penalty and poor shooting; it comes with the territory of being a defender. The only real comparable would be missing an open goal. In this instance, KS cost us 2 points. Just like Vardy almost did last season with his ridiculous foul in the penalty area.

Schmeichel is hot-headed. It's part of his game, but he makes a relatively high number of wreckless challenges. However, he's still overall an excellent keeper - I wouldn't swap him for anyone in this league and I'm glad he stayed during the summer.

I disagree, there is not a big difference. If you give away a penalty the other team are likely to be a goal up. If through striker idiocy we fail to make decent shots, the other team are not going to go a goal down. Schmeichel may give away a penalty a couple of times a season. Our strikers miss easy goal chances several times EVERY game.

Missing decent shots isn't "through striker "through striker idiocy". If a player misses a shot that isn't something he has done deliberately. It's simply a missed shot. Kasper made a deliberate desision to run out an attempt to get a ball he clearly shouldn't have gone for and then made a deliberate decision to clamour all over the back of an opponent with his back to goal in an attempt to win the ball.

Even Lionel Messi and Cristisno Ronaldo don't score with the majority of their shots, even tge best players in history won't, you don't expect them to. Whereas anyone with half a brain would not have done what Kasper did.

I'd be interested to see what your reaction was on here when Nugent gave away that penalty towards the end of last season and whether you were defending him the same way you are defending Kasper. Or weather you would if Paul Gallagher had similarly given away a stupid penalty.

Last edited:
Is this one of those "Prof gets a bee in his bonnet about something" things.

Because if it is I love it. Carry on.

Missing decent shots isn't "through striker "through striker idiocy". If a player misses a shot that isn't something he has done deliberately. It's simply a missed shot. Kasper made a deliberate desision to run out an attempt to get a ball he clearly shouldn't have gone for and then made a deliberate decision to clamour all over the back of an opponent with his back to goal in an attempt to win the ball.

Even Lionel Messi and Cristisno Ronaldo don't score with the majority of their shots, even tge best players in history won't, you don't expect them to. Whereas anyone with half a brain would not have done what Kasper did.

I'd be interested to see what your reaction was on here when Nugent gave away that penalty towards the end of last season and whether you were defending him the same way you are defending Kasper. Or weather you would if Paul Gallagher had similarly given away a stupid penalty.

You say strikers don't miss deliberately but neither do keepers deliberately give penalties away.

It's Kasper's first mistake of the season too whereas our strikers miss chance after chance game after game so Kasper cannot be to blame completely himself, surely 50% of it has to go to the Blackpool player for being in his way? :102:

It's Kasper's first mistake of the season too whereas our strikers miss chance after chance game after game so Kasper cannot be to blame completely himself, surely 50% of it has to go to the Blackpool player for being in his way? :102:

It's definitely not his first mistake of the season. It's his first mistake which has led directly and obviously to a goal. He's made plenty of misplaced passes, punched balls he should've caught, been in the wrong position to save a shot, charges out to narrow the angle when he should've stated on his line etc? And him doing those has definitely cost us goals in the previous 2 seasons at times and surely are more comparable to missing a shot?

Every player will make several mistakes a game it's the nature of the sport, I just think Kasper seems to be bizarrely above criticism when he does make them from some of our fans who were no doubt the same ones castigating Nugent when he gave the penalty away towards the end of last season.

No one is saying he's a bad keeper but I just found it bizarre so many people were jumping to defend him and saying it wasn't his fault any more than our strikers for us dropping 2 points when other players have been slaughtered for similar or far less.

It's definitely not his first mistake of the season. It's his first mistake which has led directly and obviously to a goal. He's made plenty of misplaced passes, punched balls he should've caught, been in the wrong position to save a shot, charges out to narrow the angle when he should've stated on his line etc? And him doing those has definitely cost us goals in the previous 2 seasons at times and surely are more comparable to missing a shot?

Every player will make several mistakes a game it's the nature of the sport, I just think Kasper seems to be bizarrely above criticism when he does make them from some of our fans who were no doubt the same ones castigating Nugent when he gave the penalty away towards the end of last season.

No one is saying he's a bad keeper but I just found it bizarre so many people were jumping to defend him and saying it wasn't his fault any more than our strikers for us dropping 2 points when other players have been slaughtered for similar or far less.

I agree with what your saying Proffles, but do you mean Vardy against 'Boro?

That as well.
Nuge came away with the ball, went back towards his own goal, lost the ball and gave a way the penalty.
Vardy, gave a way a penalty in the Boro game (KS saved that penalty :) )

No. It was definitely Nugent, ran back towards his own goal and tripped up an opposition player. Can't remember who it was against.

No. It was definitely Nugent, ran back towards his own goal and tripped up an opposition player. Can't remember who it was against.

My bad, don't remember that one at all.

Last edited:
Vardy had one incident, Nugent had another.

Prof has used the Nugent one as an example...

Last edited:
Kasper made a deliberate desision to run out an attempt to get a ball he clearly shouldn't have gone for and then made a deliberate decision to clamour all over the back of an opponent with his back to goal in an attempt to win the ball.

That's overly harsh. He misjudged the ball in, he expected it to travel further than it did. As a result, he was in no mans land and had a 50/50 call of carrying on or stopping and retreating. It was a definite error of judgement, but nothing more.

Bottom line is that Kasper comes for crosses and punches, catches or wafts at them. In the vast majority of instances, it pays off. I much prefer this approach to the stand on the line and expect the defence to do it all like some of his recent predecessors.

Occasionally, it will go wrong like on Saturday. But it is a deliberate playing of the odds. For me, that sets it clearly apart from the penalty concessions you refer to. It's not at all comparable.

I was yelling at the stupid git to hoof the ball into touch along with everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669