Post Match Blackpool 3 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
just back from the match.. fecking jammy tangers, they score late goals time after time. We were the better team Kasper not tested much back4 i thought looked pretty solid most of the game although Blackpool attacked in numbers late on, Pelts i thought was least impressive although not really skinned or given a hard time SSL at fault for their 2nd (he slipped. Konchesky got forward a lot and had a good game We started the game 4-3-3 with Dyer in a forward role mostly (he looked like he could do them real damage but typical Dyer not consistent , Dannslooked good first half but went off the boil 2nd Wellens ineffective Drinkwater good on the ball. Beckford/Nugent looked sharp, Marshalls first contribution was a great cross leading to a goal. Ithought we were going to hold out which was dissappointing, although i probably would have taken a draw before the game. Result means our season over, but i didnt lose moneyto Tangers matesand im sure they will concede they were lucky. Icant put my finger on the problems we obviously have but certainly scoring 3 goals should result in 3points.. im off to bed disappointed yet again

Not sure about pinning the blame on any individual or individuals. They are supposed to defend as a team and they don't look as if they concentrate for the duration of a game. Its astonishing that Pearson is managing a team that scores a surfeit of away goals but has a defence that leaks even more. This is proving to be an awful season in the sense of continually raising hopes then throwing situations away. I've had enough of it now for this season. Pearson will either need to sort it out over the summer or place himself under imposssible pressure.

It was my impression that if you call a radio station to air your opinion, at least have something intelligent to say

I do not normally hear these phone-ins but tonight was an exception - bad mistake.

It is worth giving credit to the Radio Leicester fellow Daggers - I don't know his proper name. It is usually best to avoid talking to people who are angry but Daggers had no choice. It was clear that Daggers realised the callers were being stupid but they had spent a lot of money, cared deeply and deserved respect.

The calls were not about making serious points but about venting their frustration. However, listening to them was a useful reminder to never use the telephone when you are angry.

Will be monumentally bad when we lose Beckford and Nugent in the summer.

Our lot just seem tired and confused and can't wait for the season to be over. At times, some of their heads seem to be on the beach already.

We're no longer defending as a team away from home. 14 goals conceded away in 4 games demonstrates this. NP hasn't got any time to do anything organisation wise as the games are thick and fast.

The positives are a nucleus of good players for next season: Schmeichel, Konchesky, St. Ledger, Drinkwater, Danns & Nugent. Potentially Marshall and Schlupp will be strong players then too. And maybe Waghorn and King if NP can get them playing like he once did.

However, we've got too many also rans and let downs. Players who play well one week and garbage the next and this deadwood needs disposing of. There are also a few that simply need to buck their ideas up.

We've also got a couple of prima donna types in Bamba and Beckford that have talent but little team ethic. I think they would both be happy to go in the summer and I can't see NP standing in their way.

We're a lot better off in many ways than this time last season as we'd got precious little to build on then. But a lot of supporters, not to mention the owners, are starting to get fed up with the promise we have remaining unfulfilled. Unless we start well and maintain it next season, it could be a blood bath so the pressure is really on NP to get it right over the next few months.

Will be monumentally bad when we lose Beckford and Nugent in the summer.

This is the thing I'm most concerned about and have been for a while.... I really do believe we're building something and that Nigel will be able to sort out our inconsistency with some good signings in the summer and a proper pre-season. But, we need to keep hold of our key players; namely Schmeichel, Beckford and Nugent. I can't help but wonder what difference Andy King would've made over the last couple of months too... I hope he can form a good partnership in midfield with Drinkwater or Danns when he returns.

We're a lot better off in many ways than this time last season as we'd got precious little to build on then. But a lot of supporters, not to mention the owners, are starting to get fed up with the promise we have remaining unfulfilled. Unless we start well and maintain it next season, it could be a blood bath so the pressure is really on NP to get it right over the next few months.

You make a very good point about the contrast with this time last season when the squad was packed with loanees.

One of the key issues is that the club has now become a victim of its own hype and as you say over-expectations. It couldn't be much clearer that we are only a middle of the table team - and yet I'm still reading stuff about on thiss forum and elsewhere along the lines of 'oh well we'll get automatic promotion next season'. Why wil we - where is the evidence?

Pearson not only has to re-organise the team and almost certainly develop a new ethic - but he also needs to manage expectations. Oh well I suppose he's very well paid for it.

Abscence makes the heart grow fonder!

Andy King would have certainly made a huge difference - dominating the centre of the park with crunching tackles and generally putting the fear of God into the opposition!

I think that Waghorn's intelligent wing play and precision finishing would have been important too.

Putting the vitriol (reluctantly) aside for a moment both of them would have been useful but every team loses players over the season but we are just an under cooked item for the present.

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't draw with relegation bound Cov. They look dire.

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't draw with relegation bound Cov. They look dire.

Looking on the bright side does't seem to work.

I can see us getting 6 points from the next 2 games - people getting all cheered up & a bit excited - only to be plunged into gloom when we throw away the next game irrespective of how many away goals we score.

Well if a sentence including the words Cov and relegation can't make you miserable bunch smile, then you need to start watching the Tigers.

Things will never be so bad that I'd consider supporting 'Ull City :icon_wink

We do really need to keep our front 2 for next season. After a long time in coming, we are starting to develop what could become one of the best partnerships in the league, as well as one of the best partnerships we've had for a long while.

I think we have a fairly solid base for next season and with one or two shrewd acquisitions in the summer and a full pre season for Nigel to work on the defence, I think we could become a very strong outfit in this league. Anyone who thinks we need wholesale changes yet again at the club are grossly wrong. It would be the worst thing for the club to adopt this approach of trying to buy a winning team, rather than being methodical and pragmatic about it.

Well, overlooking our garbage defence, atleast we are looking good going forward. Beckford seems to have hit some good form and we are now seeing some very positive things from his partnership with Nugent. For me, our defence for now should be Mills and Sledger at the back with Peltier and Kennedy as full backs. Both Konchesky and Peltier get beaten to regularly and the same can be said for Sledger when he is utilised as a RB. Morgan hasn't convinced at all, had a good opening game against Norwich but otherwise.. not particularly great. Maybe it's a case of waiting for the unit to gel as with the two forwards a bit earlier in the season. For me, we definately need another RB anyway regardless of whether Pearson rates Peltier (I suspect he doesn't at RB).

Summary point, we are shipping far too many fecking goals!

Well, overlooking our garbage defence, atleast we are looking good going forward. Beckford seems to have hit some good form and we are now seeing some very positive things from his partnership with Nugent. For me, our defence for now should be Mills and Sledger at the back with Peltier and Kennedy as full backs. Both Konchesky and Peltier get beaten to regularly and the same can be said for Sledger when he is utilised as a RB. Morgan hasn't convinced at all, had a good opening game against Norwich but otherwise.. not particularly great. Maybe it's a case of waiting for the unit to gel as with the two forwards a bit earlier in the season. For me, we definately need another RB anyway regardless of whether Pearson rates Peltier (I suspect he doesn't at RB).

Summary point, we are shipping far too many fecking goals!

I agree but I'm not sure Mills will be called back into the squad let alone the starting line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669