Pre Match Blackpool (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, the gap between us and the play-offs might mean something if we were 7th, but we're also relying on 5 other teams to fail to bridge the gap they themselves have with 6th place.

I am usually in the boat of criticising people for being too positive! So this makes a bit of a change. In my opinion 8 more wins would be enough to get us into the lottery of the play offs - and we have enough quality in the squad to have as decent a chance as anyone else if this happens. So the Blackpool game is very important. That said there is nothing to suggest from our form this season that we are capable of winning 8 more matches. We're not displaying the tightness in defence which has been the hallmark of Pearson teams - and we don't always seem capable of the physical commitment needed by most sides who make an impact in this division. In my opinion this squad needs a bit of further re-modelling to achieve success. Time for Gallagher to either be moved on or limited to mainly sub appearances - and probably time for moving on Wellens who overall this season is a diminishing asset. Still if we could get on a roll over the next couple of games thenyou never know.

I have been defending Gally all season long but that was piss poor on Saturday he couldnt even take a corner. The final straw was the cowering in the box after the second goal. Wellens however was much worse.

I don't think he's taken a decent corner for years. He can hit a decent free kick and penalty, yet corners seem to be a huge weakness.

I can almost guarantee you all that two of the teams currently in the positions from 3rd to 6th will not be there at the end of the season. I've got a spreadsheet to prove it.

Actually, from what I saw, it was constructive criticism. She then resorted to playground tactics, and bitching.

However, it wasn't me arguing, which makes a change!!

I've just caught up and I can't see anything that was constructive. Telling her that they hope his injury ruins his career etc is not something they would say to her face, so why on the net? One of the guys describes himself as 'hating pikeys', which sums up his character to me.

There is a difference between slagging someone off anonymously and going out of your way to include him or Hayley in your tweet. One requires malicious forethought for a start and is only designed to hurt.

Don't see the problem in offering direct criticism on an internet site, should people only be able to bathe these egotistical football in compliments online? Sure it works both ways, personally I think it bang on that gally should hear directly from the fans that his awful, work shy attitude is noticed.

Do people like him seriously get surprised when people offer criticism on an internet site, I know its mainly there to massage his massive ego but he has to take the rough with the smooth.

I've just caught up and I can't see anything that was constructive. Telling her that they hope his injury ruins his career etc is not something they would say to her face, so why on the net? One of the guys describes himself as 'hating pikeys', which sums up his character to me.

It's not good. Family are not to be expected to be objective and I don't think anyone should seek to involve them. Of course they are defensive about their close family and quite rightly so.

We've not been good enough as a squad this season and the dificiencies in his game are just one bit of the problem. Anyway, as I've said before, the club knew what they were getting when they signed him: - an exceptional striker of a football but whose rest of the game doesn't match up. Useful fringe player because he offers something a bit different - but lightweight.

Don't see the problem in offering direct criticism on an internet site, should people only be able to bathe these egotistical football in compliments online? Sure it works both ways, personally I think it bang on that gally should hear directly from the fans that his awful, work shy attitude is noticed.

Do people like him seriously get surprised when people offer criticism on an internet site, I know its mainly there to massage his massive ego but he has to take the rough with the smooth.

How is it there to massage his ego? I honestly can't see why people think it's ok to act the twat behind a keyboard in a way that they wouldn't in real life.

Surely even someone as angry as you can see that there is a gulf between being an abusive twat and kissing his arse?

Last edited:
How is it there to massage his ego? I honestly can't see why people think it's ok to act the twat behind a keyboard in a way that they wouldn't in real life.

Surely even someone as angry as you can see that there is a gulf between being an abusive twat and kissing his arse?

I'm sorry but the person was not being abusive, so it is not acceptable to tell players they are not performing at the ground and its not a acceptable to tell them on the internet, I wish I could be wrapped up in this lovely cotton wool world that they live in, no criticism for these people, I seriously think you are a bit soft Matt, its a big horrible world and the worst he has to put up with is a fan expressing his displeasure at yet another pathetic performance, poor little Paul.

I'm sorry but the person was not being abusive, so it is not acceptable to tell players they are not performing at the ground and its not a acceptable to tell them on the internet, I wish I could be wrapped up in this lovely cotton wool world that they live in, no criticism for these people, I seriously think you are a bit soft Matt, its a big horrible world and the worst he has to put up with is a fan expressing his displeasure at yet another pathetic performance, poor little Paul.

The fact that you don't think somebody telling him he hopes his career is over is abusive explains a lot about some of your posts. I feel sorry for you, living in such a hard knock life that you do.

And you are quite right, the amount you earn equates directly to how much abuse you should take. How much do you earn, just so I know how abusive I can be in future?

I can almost guarantee you all that two of the teams currently in the positions from 3rd to 6th will not be there at the end of the season. I've got a spreadsheet to prove it.

Yes, and I'll guarantee that Leicester won't be there either. Sadly my spreadsheet technique is sub-standard! :icon_bigg

The fact that you don't think somebody telling him he hopes his career is over is abusive explains a lot about some of your posts. I feel sorry for you, living in such a hard knock life that you do.

And you are quite right, the amount you earn equates directly to how much abuse you should take. How much do you earn, just so I know how abusive I can be in future?

I don't think Lako is being unfair Matt, Gally was woeful on Sunday - how people can say he is one of the best strikers of a dead ball is somewhat inaccurate as at the game on Sunday there were at least 3 occasions that from a corner he failed to get the ball above knee height.

How can someone be so shit and not look as if he gives a shit?

That said Wellens was useless as well.

We've had the better of Holloway since he left us (three wins out of three), a fourth is imperative if we are to challenge for the top six.

I don't think Lako is being unfair Matt, Gally was woeful on Sunday - how people can say he is one of the best strikers of a dead ball is somewhat inaccurate as at the game on Sunday there were at least 3 occasions that from a corner he failed to get the ball above knee height.

How can someone be so shit and not look as if he gives a shit?

That said Wellens was useless as well.

I've not commented on how well he played. To be honest I'm tired of the subject now. The type of people who think it is ok to be abusive to people because they are footballers or other public eye jobs are just low intelligence morons and no amount of logic will change their minds.

I've not commented on how well he played. To be honest I'm tired of the subject now. The type of people who think it is ok to be abusive to people because they are footballers or other public eye jobs are just low intelligence morons and no amount of logic will change their minds.

Matt.

I'm addressing this to you since you've obviously taken a bit of offence to something I've tweeted.

I'm quite happy to say, I am @woolerswoolers. It does say in my profile I dislike pikeys. It doesn't say I hate them. What you've done there is exaggerate for effect. Meiosis you might call it if you were sufficiently educated. I'm obviously not sufficiently educated though, being a 'low intelligence moron'.

Furthermore Matt, none of my tweets were offensive or abusive. I suggested he had a poor game and I gave my reasons. Hayley then called me a tool and suggested I didn't know what I was talking about. That, to me, is playground antics and so I left it there or thereabouts. A few people commented to me that as Hayley was obviously not dealing with it very well, I should say it to Paul's face. That is unlikely to be possible, but as I didn't want to be talking behind his back, now his wife had got involved, I did tweet it to him. A number of people retweeted that and a lot of you will have seen it, suffice to say, it was not abusive.

I'd like to invite you to take a look at my tweets and will of course give you the opportunity to come back and apologise for the judgements you've made and the accusations of 'abuse' I'm supposed to have dished out.

In a manner, you've been abusive towards me by making those accusations, especially by suggesting im a 'low intelligence moron'. I would pick you up on the tautology there, but being a moron, I don't know what it is, so not sure what I just said there! LOLZZZZ!!!

Look forward to your apology, which I accept by the way and hope you've learnt your lesson, or alternatively your silence on the matter, confirming to me that you just like to have a whine and are really just a bit spineless.

Consider this a response not just from me, but from all of the other morons who like to give their opinion on twitter - whether it be positive, negative but constructive, amusing or just a tweet about what I had for breakfast (nothing this morning by the way - bad times)

Would like that apology... but I'm thick skinned enough to cope without one (Hayley - can give you some tips?)

More in hope than expectation

@woolerswoolers

AKA Ian Marshall

AKA The People's Hero

AKA low intelligence moron (as opposed to those high intelligence morons that are all the rage)

ps

oo's.

And to get back on topic - once we've all... or err, ONE of us has stopped getting offence on behalf of others...

I think LCFC will do well vs Blackpool. The back four was a bit shambolic vs Chelsea - need this back to a settled and steady base.

I'm not Danns' biggest fan but he was good vs Chelsea. Very good.

Gallagher to be dropped. Give Marshall another go.

Stick with Wellens and Danns if Wellens is up to it after his exertions. Drinkwater to come on and add impetus around 60 mins.

Matt.

I'm addressing this to you since you've obviously taken a bit of offence to something I've tweeted.

I'm quite happy to say, I am @woolerswoolers. It does say in my profile I dislike pikeys. It doesn't say I hate them. What you've done there is exaggerate for effect. Meiosis you might call it if you were sufficiently educated. I'm obviously not sufficiently educated though, being a 'low intelligence moron'.

Furthermore Matt, none of my tweets were offensive or abusive. I suggested he had a poor game and I gave my reasons. Hayley then called me a tool and suggested I didn't know what I was talking about. That, to me, is playground antics and so I left it there or thereabouts. A few people commented to me that as Hayley was obviously not dealing with it very well, I should say it to Paul's face. That is unlikely to be possible, but as I didn't want to be talking behind his back, now his wife had got involved, I did tweet it to him. A number of people retweeted that and a lot of you will have seen it, suffice to say, it was not abusive.

I'd like to invite you to take a look at my tweets and will of course give you the opportunity to come back and apologise for the judgements you've made and the accusations of 'abuse' I'm supposed to have dished out.

In a manner, you've been abusive towards me by making those accusations, especially by suggesting im a 'low intelligence moron'. I would pick you up on the tautology there, but being a moron, I don't know what it is, so not sure what I just said there! LOLZZZZ!!!

Look forward to your apology, which I accept byl the way and hope you've learnt your lesson, or alternatively your silence on the matter, confirming to me that you just like to have a whine and are really just a bit spineless.

Consider this a response not just from me, but from all of the other morons who like to give their opinion on twitter - whether it be positive, negative but constructive, amusing or just a tweet about what I had for breakfast (nothing this morning by the way - bad times)

Would like that apology... but I'm thick skinned enough to cope without one (Hayley - can give you some tips?)

@woolerswoolers

AKA Ian Marshall

AKA The People's Hero

AKA low intelligence moron (as opposed to those high intelligence morons that are all the rage)

ps

oo's.

Aside from anything else, the fact you use the term pikeys puts you in the moron category. You weren't the only one aiming comments last night, there was one who did say he hoped Hallu's injury was career threatening, which is abusive. Where have I mentioned your tweet at all? You seem to be being a bit presumptuous there.

I love how you assume to speak for everyone on Twitter though, it's pretty thoughtful of you, people's hero!

You shan't get an apology from me, I have nothing to apologise for. My only mention of anything to do with you before this was sent via Twitter, and you still haven't told me whether you are habitually using racist slurs, or just on the internet.

latest gossip from Blackpool fans - relief Gally is injured ( obviously based on tv spectactular goals), major concerns over what Beckford/Nugent could do to their defence.

Matt.

Look forward to your apology, which I accept by the way and hope you've learnt your lesson, or alternatively your silence on the matter, confirming to me that you just like to have a whine and are really just a bit spineless.

@woolerswoolers

AKA Ian Marshall

AKA The People's Hero

ps

oo's.

I've just seen that you've tweeted bout me and not bothered to include me, now who's spineless? Brilliant.

Aside from anything else, the fact you use the term pikeys puts you in the moron category. You weren't the only one aiming comments last night, there was one who did say he hoped Hallu's injury was career threatening, which is abusive. Where have I mentioned your tweet at all? You seem to be being a bit presumptuous there.

I love how you assume to speak for everyone on Twitter though, it's pretty thoughtful of you, people's hero!

You shan't get an apology from me, I have nothing to apologise for. My only mention of anything to do with you before this was sent via Twitter, and you still haven't told me whether you are habitually using racist slurs, or just on the internet.

This is genuinely boring. I replied because you I was reading the thread with interest, saw the comment about pikeys and that making me a moron. That obviously applies to my profile.

Usually when you post I do just ignore it. You might think you spout a better class of drivel than most.. an educated drivel, but actually its just a reactionary, high horse drivel which has an inexcusable air of self righteousness about it.

This will be my final post back to you as I'm certain other don't want to read it, but I'm willing to bet there's been a few people out there thinking 'this guy is a bit of a dick' for a while reading your posts. You just think you're on a higher plane than anyone else. Well, I'll just leave you to it, up there, getting offended on other peoples' behalf and pretending Gallagher is good.

I've just seen that you've tweeted bout me and not bothered to include me, now who's spineless? Brilliant.

I didn't have your twitter name at the time. I'll make sure to add it next time I call you a dickhead.

I think that was my first abusive tweet EVER on twitter and it was aimed at you.

Thats more an inditement on you than it is on me.

Kindly either grow a pair or stay up there on your high horse as far from us normal folk as possible.

In reference to my pikeys comment - and using my modern understanding of the word (and I'm a low intelligence moron remember) - I stand by it. I can't be bothered talking race issues with you. Put it this way, whichever creed, colour, race, sexual orientation or whatever you are, you're a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669