Pre Match Blackpool (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is genuinely boring. I replied because you I was reading the thread with interest, saw the comment about pikeys and that making me a moron. That obviously applies to my profile.

Usually when you post I do just ignore it. You might think you spout a better class of drivel than most.. an educated drivel, but actually its just a reactionary, high horse drivel which has an inexcusable air of self righteousness about it.

This will be my final post back to you as I'm certain other don't want to read it, but I'm willing to bet there's been a few people out there thinking 'this guy is a bit of a dick' for a while reading your posts. You just think you're on a higher plane than anyone else. Well, I'll just leave you to it, up there, getting offended on other peoples' behalf and pretending Gallagher is good.

I didn't have your twitter name at the time. I'll make sure to add it next time I call you a dickhead.

I think that was my first abusive tweet EVER on twitter and it was aimed at you.

Thats more an inditement on you than it is on me.

Kindly either grow a pair or stay up there on your high horse as far from us normal folk as possible.

In reference to my pikeys comment - and using my modern understanding of the word (and I'm a low intelligence moron remember) - I stand by it. I can't be bothered talking race issues with you. Put it this way, whichever creed, colour, race, sexual orientation or whatever you are, you're a dick.

On whose behalf am I getting offended? I have no problem with any of your tweets to either of the Gallaghers and have never said that I do. I only found your account as you were on of the ones having a discussion with you, and had it not been for the racist language would have had no reason to acknowledge your existence. However, unlike you, I don't think people should be able to get away with using language that is offensive to others without being challenged on it. You have taken everything I have said since then to be personal, when in fact I had forgotten you even existed. That's more of an inditement[sic] on you than anything.

I am sure there are plenty of people who think I am a dick, but that is much preferable to people thinking I am a racist. Your choice.

It does say in my profile I dislike pikeys. It doesn't say I hate them. What you've done there is exaggerate for effect. Meiosis you might call it if you were sufficiently educated. I'm obviously not sufficiently educated though, being a 'low intelligence moron'.

Well you might call it meiosis, but I can't think why if you were "sufficiently educated".

Why would you refer to "exaggeration for effect" (Hyperbole) as diploid to haploid cell division?

I accept that the use of the word pikey is inappropriate. I was only aware of its current use, which in my part of the world, is those who burgle, fly tip and do all display all manner of other types of anti-social behaviours.

I have just done a little research and believe I now understand where your offence has arisen from.

Fair play. I am going to remove that from my twitter profile. I have absolutely no issue with anyone based on creed, class, race or anything like that.

I do apologise for any offence caused by that - and thanks for pointing it out Matt, you are quite right that its unacceptable.

I do however feel you lumped me in and implicitly suggested I'd been abusive towards Gally or Hayley, which I don't feel I have been. If anything, Hayley has been abusive towards me.

Well you might call it meiosis, but I can't think why if you were "sufficiently educated".

Why would you refer to "exaggeration for effect" (Hyperbole) as diploid to haploid cell division?

You have missed a trick, but only in so much as failing to castigate me accurately.

I should indeed have said hyperbole, but meiosis is a literary device, albeit the opposite of hyperbole. Meiosis is understatement for effect.

Also, would like to point out I don't consider myself to be sufficiently educated. I don't think one should ever stop learning - great believer in what I believe to be one of Dylan's best lines - 'he not busy being born, is busy dying'.

Last edited:
This will be my final post back to you as I'm certain other don't want to read it

Bet it's not (I was right!!) and yes, some of us do as it helps to pass the time on an otherwise quiet afternoon!

Last edited:
I accept that the use of the word pikey is inappropriate. I was only aware of its current use, which in my part of the world, is those who burgle, fly tip and do all display all manner of other types of anti-social behaviours.

I have just done a little research and believe I now understand where your offence has arisen from.

Fair play. I am going to remove that from my twitter profile. I have absolutely no issue with anyone based on creed, class, race or anything like that.

I do apologise for any offence caused by that - and thanks for pointing it out Matt, you are quite right that its unacceptable.

I do however feel you lumped me in and implicitly suggested I'd been abusive towards Gally or Hayley, which I don't feel I have been. If anything, Hayley has been abusive towards me.

Fair enough, and I can see where, based on my first comment with your Twitter info, you might assume I meant you in all other posts. Hayley does react badly on Twitter, and it's not always acceptable what she puts. She does get a lot of horrible messages though and the guy saying he wanted Paul to be injured long term is the main target of my anger, along with the guy who wished him dead at half time. I'm glad we cleared it up.

Bet it's not (I was right!!) and yes, some of us do as it helps to pass the time on an otherwise quiet afternoon!

It was going to be my last one - but I thought I'd better have the good grace to apologise and thank Matt for pointing out something which as it turned out really actually is racist.

Oops.

I'm always game for a thread where I'm not the one being insulted or threatened.

Hopefully there will be more later after Woolers has demolished a bottle of gin although there are far better targets on the other forum.

We'll lose 1-0 with an inevitably late Kevin Phillips goal after Bamba and Morgan collide in midair trying to win the same ball. I'm bored of our defence now, we won't get anywhere until they can revert to the tight arses we were in Pearson's first reign. Negative yes, but true.

Morgan will be ok against thugs Taylor Fletcher or Bednar, we will certainly have to be wary of Kevin Phillipps, sometimes used in midfield or as impact sub

The fact that you don't think somebody telling him he hopes his career is over is abusive explains a lot about some of your posts. I feel sorry for you, living in such a hard knock life that you do.

How utterly and pathetically presumptuous you are, I was clearly not talking about that comment, I see you have already been put firmly in your place by a fellow forum member so I wont go OTT. Keep up with your pompous attitude, It really does set you apart.

How utterly and pathetically presumptuous you are, I was clearly not talking about that comment, I see you have already been put firmly in your place by a fellow forum member so I wont go OTT. Keep up with your pompous attitude, It really does set you apart.

Aw shucks, thanks.

Aw shucks, thanks.

Typical reply from someone who jumped the gun and spouted shite, take a little longer to compose your reply to me next time and make sure you stop being a presumptuous fool.

Typical reply from someone who jumped the gun and spouted shite, take a little longer to compose your reply to me next time and make sure you stop being a presumptuous fool.

Keep going with the advice please, I'm taking notes.

Keep going with the advice please, I'm taking notes.

I don't know how you have the time, do you not have lessons to plan and papers to mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669