Blue Is The Colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Leicester City are inviting their supporters to create a ‘Sea of Blue’ at the Walkers Stadium when the Foxes take on Burnley next Tuesday evening (7:45pm).

The club have put together a brand new pre-match entertainment package for the upcoming campaign, which will be aired for the first time on the night.

And City are appealing to fans to pledge their support to Rob Kelly’s side by wearing blue for all home games during the season.

Club co-ordinator Alan Birchenall said: “We have tried to freshen things up this season and we hope the supporters enjoy what we have come up with.

“It’s difficult to please everyone - as the saying goes 'you can't please everybody all of the time'. But we think that with the help of the fans we can generate an atmosphere in the stadium like it has never seen or heard before.

"It's all about Rob and his team. We want to help to give them as best a chance of possible to succeed this campaign.

“One thing that we are asking fans to do is to turn up in something blue on the night. It doesn’t have to be the new shirt - it can be anything you like - just so long as it is blue. We want to create a wall of colour inside the Walkers when we come up against Burnley. Let’s show them exactly what we are all about.

We have got a bit of a surprise for the players and fans planned for the evening - but they will become more apparent as the supporters turn up at the stadium. Let’s just say it’ll be a bit of a throwback and something that I think our stadium has missed for a number of years.”

Any ideas what this 'surprise' is?

Excellent, I expect it to be that some seats will have white cards to hold up and spell something.

Looking foward to it

Last edited:
Naked dancers
A new version of the Post Horn Gallop
Talkingballs Blind Date.
:102:

I think the blue idea is good though. It is criminal to turn up to a home City match in anything but.

Last edited:
ofcourse ill be wearing my blue city shirt as usual.

if it is white cards to spell something then it should be done in a FULL KOP. or it could be a new flag with RK's face on it

If it's for the players as well, I expect it to be predominantly in the East Stand

It is a banner that says NO TO NEGATIVITY AND A-Z IS A PINK SHOE WEARING POOFTER

Melton Fox said:
If it's for the players as well, I expect it to be predominantly in the East Stand

So it should be. Its where the most loyal supporters sit

Last edited:
No its guiness and kebabs where we sit, but upmarket kebabs I will have you know. The ones on those little metal spikes....

I bet its something to do with fox lot

Birch said:
it’ll be a bit of a throwback and something that I think our stadium has missed for a number of years.

Doesn't sound like it'll be a holding the cards up type of thing, it's not something that used to happen. Or did it happen all the time and I missed it because I get to my seat at the last minute?

webmaster said:
We have got a bit of a surprise for the players and fans planned for the evening - but they will become more apparent as the supporters turn up at the stadium. Let’s just say it’ll be a bit of a throwback and something that I think our stadium has missed for a number of years.”

Any ideas what this 'surprise' is?

They're putting a bog roll under each seat, so we can throw them onto the pitch 70s style as the players come out and we'll have those huge streamers of bog paper all over the place for most of the first half.

Or perhaps it's just balloons.

to be honest last years half time entertainment at EVERY championship ground was diabolical. Most of them only just managed to play music over the tannoy. So im expecting something decent this year!

They are going to remove all the seats and put metal barriers up so you get crushed when we score!!

There will be a big surge in the east Stand, like there used to be on the old popular side, followed by mass ejections from the ground. That's not happened for a while.

if you turn up in a crombie (with blue and white hanky),ben sherman shirt,skinners.and 18 hole docs you get a free pair of blakeys segs ;)

not been around for a few years but have been dearly missed?

CHEERLEADERS

i didn't go to first team matches when these were around but i did go to the FNF nights. were the foxy ladies at first team games?

other than that, you oldies should remember something about old half time/pre-match entertainment. what went down well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4698
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4674
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669