Blue Is The Colour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope its a warm evening.

I think it's going to be the return of...

...GOAL FLASH...

...GOAL FLASH...

...GOAL FLASH...

with the old school computer graphics (I hope)

I thought "Blue Is The Colour" was a song done by Chelski in the early 70's. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf :102:

Steven said:
I thought "Blue Is The Colour" was a song done by Chelski in the early 70's. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf :102:

Yup. They still play it at the end of matches.

I know what it is. The away fans will be throwing red hot pies with the lids removed.

The "just like the old days" bit will be the fact that there is enough pies, and they're hot.

The new twist will be the fact that they are Balti pies, not steak and kidney...

perhaps this means they wont be playing "let me entertain you" anymore... I hope

Cate Fox said:
perhaps this means they wont be playing "let me entertain you" anymore... I hope
They didn't play it all last season, did they?

newtonfox said:
heres a clus think back to the good olds days at filbo st

YES, its the return of Mel with his "hallo everyone".

And if you really want to get into a 1970s Filbo mood again, just listen to "Happy Music" by the German maestro James Last, which was faithfully played by Mel at home games in the early 70s. It throws up mental images of Weller, Glover, scarves on wrists, parkas and sitting on the wall behind the advertising hoardings.

Some years ago I was sad enough to seek this track out on a James Last cassette. Occasionally I play it, usually after mind-numbing defeats to Brighton, Burnley and so on.

Fascinating Foxes Fact of the Day: Since 1970, when I first started watching LCFC, the most popular given name to City players is Stephen and variants thereof with 19. 2nd most popular is Paul,with 15.
I said it was fascinating.:tumbleweed:

Doug said:

i dont think hes in the country at the minute, i play football with him on a thursday and he wasnt there tonight. however he could be back at anytime...

Doug said:

And if you really want to get into a 1970s Filbo mood again, just listen to "Happy Music" by the German maestro James Last, which was faithfully played by Mel at home games in the early 70s. It throws up mental images of Weller, Glover, scarves on wrists, parkas and sitting on the wall behind the advertising hoardings.

Some years ago I was sad enough to seek this track out on a James Last cassette. Occasionally I play it, usually after mind-numbing defeats to Brighton, Burnley and so on.

Fascinating Foxes Fact of the Day: Since 1970, when I first started watching LCFC, the most popular given name to City players is Stephen and variants thereof with 19. 2nd most popular is Paul,with 15.
I said it was fascinating.:tumbleweed:

lil too far back think around the MON era ;)

Last edited:
mel was around in the MON era....

i take it he wont be there anyway newton? can you confirm this as i didnt see him tonight.

It best not be the return of 'The Legends'.

I didn't mind that at first but then it got stupid and The Birch was bringing out players who no-one really was interested in.

Just imagine Home to Burnley,

"And todays legend is........

...... Michael Trotter"

I could imagine it being this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687