Brendan Rodgers appointed manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressed we have got this sorted so quickly. i think he is probably the best manager for our young squad.

Ugh. I’m staying quiet save to say this: the man’s a complete dud and this is a waste of time and yet more money. I hope to be proven extremely wrong, and everyone is allowed to call me a **** if he so much as gets to a semi-final of either cup.

genuinely excited to have a manager who is forward thinking and loves to attack, get ready for a roller coaster ride gents strap in its going to great viewing !!

I'm really excited by this appointment.

I think this is a good move and I love that the board have acted quickly and decisively to get their man.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with the likes of Gray, Barnes, Maddison etc. When you look at what did he did at Liverpool with Sterling and Sturridge, I think this bodes well for our young attacking players.

I think this is the perfect appointment to build on the structure that's already here.

Already excited for Sunday!

Can someone please go on that Celtic forum in the other now locked thread and post this...

Ugh. I’m staying quiet save to say this: the man’s a complete dud and this is a waste of time and yet more money. I hope to be proven extremely wrong, and everyone is allowed to call me a **** if he so much as gets to a semi-final of either cup.

I’d like to hear more.

If he's done that then hopefully he's done a good job. Rather be a stepping stone than just appoint the same old tired shit as others do.
When was the last time we hired the same tired old shit?

I’m very sceptical about this appointment seeing as he has only had 2 out of 4.5 seasons in the Premier League which could be described as successful. He came up woefully short with the other 2.5 seasons.

I think Rafa and Wagner would have been better choices personally, but I understand why he was given the job and will support him all the way.

Welcome Brendan.

I’m very sceptical about this appointment seeing as he has only had 2 out of 4.5 seasons in the Premier League which could be described as successful. He came up woefully short with the other 2.5 seasons.

I think Rafa and Wagner would have been better choices personally, but I understand why he was given the job and will support him all the way.

Welcome Brendan.
I’m not necessarily saying you’re wrong, CF, but based on the way you’ve judged things, what is your perceived success rate for Wagner?

I’m not necessarily saying you’re wrong, CF, but based on the way you’ve judged things, what is your perceived success rate for Wagner?
Getting Huddersfield promoted was mightily impressive, but then keeping them up with that squad and those resources far outweighs anything Rodgers has done in his career in my opinion.

Yes ok this season the second season syndrome struck, but it takes little away from his achievements there for me.

Getting Huddersfield promoted was mightily impressive, but then keeping them up with that squad and those resources far outweighs anything Rodgers has done in his career in my opinion.

Yes ok this season the second season syndrome struck, but it takes little away from his achievements there for me.

You could say the same about Pearson here. Took us up, just about kept us up. That first season you've got momentum and something to prove.

To summarise - I don't rate Wagner. One of those way over rated like Silva at Everton which is another people used to harp on about on here before a succession of failed jobs. Rodgers is a far better appointment.

Wow this has really hurt the Celtic fans.
They're so bitter.
No appreciation for what they've had.
They have zero idea what they're talking about...
They're almost as upset as I was when Megson left. That was a sad sad day.

You could say the same about Pearson here. Took us up, just about kept us up. That first season you've got momentum and something to prove.
I don’t think you can compare Huddersfield to Leicester.

Rogers has a winning mentality and is known as a motivator which is exactly what our young players need. He should be able to get them enjoying their football again which will get the best out of them.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m pleased with this appointment and the way we went about it.

But listening to the Game Podcast reminded me of how Brendan has come across on occasions - the other week saying how beautifully Celtic had played whilst bowing out of the Europa league v Valencia, and gushing over a 4-0 Swansea defeat against Chelsea because he thought it was a wonderful demonstration of “his style of play” by Swansea.

That’s the kind of response to a defeat that we certainly didn’t like under Puel.....

Had a long conversation about this yesterday with a friend who is a liverpool fan. His general thoughts on Rodgers were that he's a good man manager, plays simple but attacking football, can sometimes be tactically naive but generally pretty good.
He said Rodgers' signings were crap and all the good signings in that period were the transfer committee.
Has Macia gone or is he still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366