Not open for further replies.

Skitzo

strong but not full strength due to the semi second leg being in mid week

Ward

Justin Morgan Benkovic Fuchs

Praet Hamza

Gray Perez Albrighton

Nacho​

They have some high quality attackers and would cause us problems with that defence. One of Benkovic or Morgan but not both.

No brainer team selection.

BR needs to pick his side for the Villa game and then pick eleven different players for this one.

We have to prioritise the semi and then a huge match against Chelsea.

Poole
Hill
Whitlow
Smith
Walsh
Mills
Philpott
Thomson
Oldfield
Ormondroyd
Joachim

3-1 to Citeh.

Me to shit my pants and cry because I’m 13 months old.

They'll be a harder test than Bostock Stanley were in the last round. I'd play more or less the same team as that game but start Nachos. Let him put the game beyond doubt then bring Gray on for the last 70 or so.

No brainer team selection.

BR needs to pick his side for the Villa game and then pick eleven different players for this one.

We have to prioritise the semi and then a huge match against Chelsea.

Completely agreed.

A few weeks ago, I was in full support of going all out on all fronts and trying our best to win both cups and finish as high in the league as possible.

But we've seen from our dip in recent form how knackered our players have been, so it's clear we do still need to prioritise.

We're already 3rd in the league and in the semi-final of the League Cup. Prioritise those, which means we need to rotate heavily for the FA Cup game.

Hopefully we will still have enough to go through, although not an easy game. But if we do get through, we can play stronger teams later once the League Cup is over and we've hopefully moved closer to securing a top 4 finish or better.

Yep, agree with what has already been said but unfortunately, we do need to rotate for this.

Would love to see us win the FA Cup one day but we have other priorities this season so full changes for me and with Vardy's injury, I'd be tempted to leave Nacho on the bench too.

Brentford are a really good side though, Watkins and Benrahma will be a real handful for us.

Brentford have a really big game themselves on Tuesday. They’ll be resting players.

I’d certainly find room for Praet, Justin, Fuchs, Albrighton, Wes and Gray. Hamza has obviously done a poo in Brendans car but will probably be needed here.

I think we can balance this side and not suffer in midweek.

Kasper

Justin
Cags
Wes
Fuchs

Praet
Hamza

Albrighton
Gray
Perez

Nacho

Could see Barnes starting for one of Perez or Nacho. Generally speaking still think we need another winger.

Our second XI are more than good enough to get into most EPL teams, they can handle a team with an outside chance of making the Championship play-offs

Our second XI are more than good enough to get into most EPL teams, they can handle a team with an outside chance of making the Championship play-offs
Or to put it another way, a team already in the play-off places with the best defensive record in the division and the best goal difference too.
Peidiwch byth ag anghofio Casnewydd.

I'm going with my Brentford supporting mate in the home end, he hopes they play their under 21s as he reckons Tuesday night Vs Forist is much more important, can't disagree with him, whatever side we put out should be good enough to win

Tough game ... they have won the last 7 home games, scoring 18 and conceding 3.

If we want to win we will need a strong side with 6/7 first team players imo.

So the FA Cup is now less important to you than the League Cup?
We can try and win both.
I certainly think that whoever Rodgers thinks is our best 11 should be included in the 18 at Brentford.

Getting to Wembley is yes.

We don't have the squad to fight on all fronts.
We have more or less won on the "Top 4" front so that only leaves 2 league cup matches and maybe 6 FA Cup matches, and 14 'ticking over to stay in the Top 4' matches. Should not be too difficult to have our best team for most of those, and certainly for the next two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4591
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363