Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re in the middle of February and we’re as close to the relegation zone as we are to the Europa League positions in terms of points.

We limped out of an easy Europa League group.

We bottled it against a group of kids in the Carabao Cup.

We got humiliated against our local rivals in the FA Cup.

This season has been one hell of a disaster. Why the **** is he still here?

I hope the form turns around or the season ends before things get bad enough for him to get sacked...

I believe that Brendan is the right manager for us still, and I want us to stand by him. Unfortunately I think this season is a write off almost now, and I just want it to be over and we start the prep for next season. I agree with Brendan's comments about needing an overhaul in the summer - I think some of the players aren't hungry enough, have got complacement or delusions of grandeur, and we need to add more leadership.

I think Brendan is more likely to have that hunger still and feel like he has something to prove here than the players do.

But, you can't change your playing staff much during a season. And I worry with the way things are going and if they continue to decline, it will get to the point where the manager going is inevitable. I don't think we're there yet.
Lack of leadership and delusions of grandeur are two of the reasons why I would sack Rodgers.

I hope the form turns around or the season ends before things get bad enough for him to get sacked...

I believe that Brendan is the right manager for us still, and I want us to stand by him. Unfortunately I think this season is a write off almost now, and I just want it to be over and we start the prep for next season. I agree with Brendan's comments about needing an overhaul in the summer - I think some of the players aren't hungry enough, have got complacement or delusions of grandeur, and we need to add more leadership.

I think Brendan is more likely to have that hunger still and feel like he has something to prove here than the players do.

But, you can't change your playing staff much during a season. And I worry with the way things are going and if they continue to decline, it will get to the point where the manager going is inevitable. I don't think we're there yet.
With 20-20 hindsight the time for an overhaul was last summer, we could have sold Youri and Cags for decent money and would have had the playing in Europe card to play with new signings. This summer we will be coming off the back of a poor season and getting poor value on the players going out alongside a ton of cash splashed on potential stadium development.

Rodgers has yet to prove he can develop a team long-term.

With 20-20 hindsight the time for an overhaul was last summer, we could have sold Youri and Cags for decent money and would have had the playing in Europe card to play with new signings. This summer we will be coming off the back of a poor season and getting poor value on the players going out alongside a ton of cash splashed on potential stadium development.

Rodgers has yet to prove he can develop a team long-term.
Same mistake Spurs and Poch made after their CL final. Poch probably should have walked then, rather than see out a few more months, and Brendan probably now feels he should have moved on when his stock was at its highest.

And we tried to keep the formula instead of refreshing a squad that as has been pointed out is essentially the same as 2019.

BR in the Mail:

'I love the people at the club, I love working with the players here and that's all I will continue to do. I will do that with a smile until someone tells me differently.

And if they do, I will have done my very best with the resources that I have and then I'll move on. But until then I have a big energy for the team, for the club and for my contract.'

Hmmm. Sounds like he's half way out the door.
Brenda found his way to the door, then called Vestergaard over to open it for him but the Dane dropped the key between two floorboards and snapped the handle off.

BR in the Mail:

'I love the people at the club, I love working with the players here and that's all I will continue to do. I will do that with a smile until someone tells me differently.

And if they do, I will have done my very best with the resources that I have and then I'll move on. But until then I have a big energy for the team, for the club and for my contract.'
He can’t help himself.

BR in the Mail:

Exactly the kind of thing someone who has run out of steam would say

What was the question though as it needs a bit of context imo.

I'd assume he was asked about either fans unrest here and talk of him getting the sack or a possible move to a so called bigger club.

If so, the reply seems perfectly reasonable imo.

If he had come out and said different such as I don't want to move to Man Utd the same posters above would just say he's lying instead.

BR is far from perfect and there are reasons to be critical of him but it seems he dammed if he does, dammed if he didn't with some now.

What was the question though as it needs a bit of context imo.

I'd assume he was asked about either fans unrest here and talk of him getting the sack or a possible move to a so called bigger club.

If so, the reply seems perfectly reasonable imo.

If he had come out and said different such as I don't want to move to Man Utd the same posters above would just say he's lying instead.

BR is far from perfect and there are reasons to be critical of him but it seems he dammed if he does, dammed if he didn't with some now.
He's an enigma. We should be heralding him in the two seasons we came fifth and an FA Cup win as one of our best ever, but have any of us ever really felt "He's Brilliant"?

He's an enigma. We should be heralding him in the two seasons we came fifth and an FA Cup win as one of our best ever, but have any of us ever really felt "He's Brilliant"?
Yes.

We were considered an amusing anomaly when we won the league. It is only in the BR era that Leicester City have started to be spoken of as a serious force within the Premier League. If some on here get their way and he is dismissed, I fear another Puel type manager; a season, or two of struggle and a return to the Championship.

Another couple of seasons, and we will be bigger than any manager or player, we are not there yet.

Sounds like a load of absolute shit to me. Financially I doubt the club will be overly bothered about dropping out of this competition even though for the fans it represents a last chance at a bit of silverware this year and a last chance at getting in the Europa League.

I think Rodgers job will only be under threat anytime soon if we look like slipping into the Premier League relegation quagmire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669