Votes: 73 62.9%
  • Undecided:

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • Get rid at the end of the season:

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want him gone. I think he's gone as far as he can & it's apparent that he isn't the sort to evolve or change. Incapable of adapting to circumstances & I'm not keen on his staff either. The defensive organisation has been poor even with players back. It's a systemic problem. Also I'm not inclined to put the injury hell entirely down to bad luck.

He's not a progressive manager & as a club we need to progress. Standing still means falling away in the modern game. We've had the greatest era in our history & memories to last us forever. Nobody can take that away. Now it's time to see where else we can go. We've nothing to lose & I'd rather not wait for a crisis before making a change.

Of course none of this matters as he's obviously safe until at least Xmas now & will only go then if we're in the bottom 6. I'm not enthused for next season though.

Now it's time to see where else we can go.
It's time to see where we can go from?:
- Two of our three highest ever league position finishes since 1963
- Our first ever FA Cup win
- Our second ever Charity Shield win
- Our first every European semi-final
- Our highest ever manager win percentage in the top league

I can tell you the answer now, and and it's not up...

I'm equally disappointed by the team's performance for the last 18 months. But we're still over-achieving by most metrics, despite us all agreeing that we're not playing well.

And for reference, when I weigh up the above with on-the-pitch performance, I still voted undecided. I just think that the statistics based on most club's managerial recruitment (ours included) suggest that we'd more than likely regret sacking BR.

I'm equally disappointed by the team's performance for the last 18 months. But we're still over-achieving by most metrics, despite us all agreeing that we're not playing well.

And for reference, when I weigh up the above with on-the-pitch performance, I still voted undecided. I just think that the statistics based on most club's managerial recruitment (ours included) suggest that we'd more than likely regret sacking BR.
I think most people are also forgetting the impact JV has on the team in general. It is no coincidence and factual that we nearly always perform better when JV is in the team. He creates the environment and impetus that puts pressure on the opposition, he literally is LEICESTER CITY.

He has missed about 15 games this season.

God help us when he retires.

I think most people are also forgetting the impact JV has on the team in general. It is no coincidence and factual that we nearly always perform better when JV is in the team. He creates the environment and impetus that puts pressure on the opposition, he literally is LEICESTER CITY.

He has missed about 15 games this season.

God help us when he retires.
It is the clubs responsibility to plan for life without JV

I get all of this but BR has been lucky to be at the club when the conditions for any manager are far better than at any time in our history, we have had sustained investment on and off the pitch, a supportive owner and skill (or luck) in the recruitment process whilst the league we are in has seen some big names struggle. I think we are likely to see less investment in the club over the next few years and some of the opposition rebuilding so the pressure on the manager is likely to increase.

If we lose to Roma, this thread is going to fully swing back the other way isn't it?

Not that I think it should.

Better recruitment needed this summer certainly to fill key gaps, but I still trust him to get more out of this squad than anyone else that would come in.

If we lose to Roma, this thread is going to fully swing back the other way isn't it?

Not that I think it should.

Better recruitment needed this summer certainly to fill key gaps, but I still trust him to get more out of this squad than anyone else that would come in.

Even if we win the European JPT, it’ll have been a poor season no matter which way you look at it. We wouldn’t even be in this had we not slumped out of a piss easy group.

How can you overachieve by failing your way into a competition?

At the end of last season we should have been in the Champions League. That’s based on the metric of being in it with 14 mins to go in the season and ****ing it up. At the end of the Europa League group stage we should have qualified for the next round.

Under Rodgers we struggle to see out games and we struggle to see out the league season. I see no evidence that will change.

No other manager in the entire world would be able to solve the issue of seeing out games? No other manager would not bring on another defender and invite pressure in games where the opposition had to that point been no threat at all? No other manager could possibly change the mentality of the team?

REALLY?

At some point we will have a season fighting against relegation. I dread to think how some of you will cope.
I’d cope fine. But whoever is in charge I would want to be sacked, including Rodgers.

I support a club that has regularly been in the second tier, and has fought successfully and unsuccessfully against relegation over the years. But I now support that club in 2022. And there’s no reason whatsoever why that club should be in a relegation battle in 2022, or any year in the foreseeable future.

No other manager in the entire world would be able to solve the issue of seeing out games? No other manager would not bring on another defender and invite pressure in games where the opposition had to that point been no threat at all? No other manager could possibly change the mentality of the team?

REALLY?
I struggle to think that we will improve on what we've got. We could do far worse.

REALLY!

I struggle to think that we will improve on what we've got. We could do far worse.

REALLY!
You’re entitled to that point, of course. But to suggest that no other manager could improve that aspect of the team is bizarre. That’s a flaw in Rodgers. Even if you want him to stay you have to see that.

Under Rodgers we struggle to see out games and we struggle to see out the league season. I see no evidence that will change.
Yep. Perennial bottler. Just ask the Liverpool fans.

You’re entitled to that point, of course. But to suggest that no other manager could improve that aspect of the team is bizarre. That’s a flaw in Rodgers. Even if you want him to stay you have to see that.

Of course there are flaws in Rodgers. That's why he's our manager and not somewhere bigger.

Depending on what stats you use, we should be finishing somewhere between 7th and 9th based on our income/spending, etc.

For me, I expect BR to compete in the top half of the league and try to win cups. That's exactly what he's done so far.

Yes, he could have got us Champions League football or done better in the Europa League but if he had he might well have been leaving for Man Utd instead of the Ajax fella.

With the spending power of the 'big six', together with the financial advantages of clubs like Newcastle, West Ham, Everton and Villa, we're doing fine.

I briefly turned against BR when I genuinely feared that we could end up in a relegation battle but he's steered us to safety with ease and made my flapping look silly.

Just like I always say about Schmeichel, he's a very good keeper but he's not good enough to be at a better club than us. BR is the same.

Of course there are flaws in Rodgers. That's why he's our manager and not somewhere bigger.

Depending on what stats you use, we should be finishing somewhere between 7th and 9th based on our income/spending, etc.

For me, I expect BR to compete in the top half of the league and try to win cups. That's exactly what he's done so far.

Yes, he could have got us Champions League football or done better in the Europa League but if he had he might well have been leaving for Man Utd instead of the Ajax fella.

With the spending power of the 'big six', together with the financial advantages of clubs like Newcastle, West Ham, Everton and Villa, we're doing fine.

I briefly turned against BR when I genuinely feared that we could end up in a relegation battle but he's steered us to safety with ease and made my flapping look silly.

Just like I always say about Schmeichel, he's a very good keeper but he's not good enough to be at a better club than us. BR is the same.
Spot on.

I briefly turned against BR when I genuinely feared that we cou.
d end up in a relegation battle but he's steered us to safety with ease and made my flapping look silly.

Everton's big spending isn't proof that it brings success

West Ham look like they've "bottled" a Champions League place

Spuds haven't won the league since the last great train robbery

I won't say anything negative against villa as we play them tomorrow

Newcastle are on unfounded territory, they could do a Man City, similarly they could do a Spuds.

Chelsea could slip out of the top 4 completely despite signed £97m Lukaku that was going to be their title chasing superstar

Man U was waxing lyrical that the league was their's after signing Ronaldo.

I'd go as far as to say only the top 2 are untouchable.
We are not a million miles away from being a contender for Europe, by league position, once again.

We have a good squad, a very good first team, but not enough squad players to push the first team starters.

Before the season started, those I spoke to were more than happy with the 5 signings.
Things transpired very differently :(.

Let's see who we bring in, & who goes, during the summer, then get excited for another top 6 challenge [hopefully, fingers crossed and all that ]

I believe the current squad is good enough for top 6 or thereabouts.

Other additional competitions makes it more difficult and with a hideous injury list it is virtually impossible.

We are doing very well overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670